FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Debloating Bloatware

436 posts
Thanks Meter: 127
 
By mzsquared, Senior Member on 22nd August 2019, 12:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Fun, fun, fun...got Bixby out and that's enough for tonight:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bixbyout.PNG
Views:	1206
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	4809015  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mzsquared For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mzsquared Ad-Free
22nd August 2019, 10:02 AM |#2  
ggrant3876's Avatar
Senior Member
Wichita Falls, Texas
Thanks Meter: 573
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzsquared

Fun, fun, fun...got Bixby out and that's enough for tonight:

What are you using? Does package disabler pro work on the Note 10? Used it on the Note 8 but just got mine late last night. Also wondering if Synergy and Substratum lite are working, don't want to break a $1200.00 phone on the first day.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...05&postcount=9
EDIT:

Don't use Package Disabler Pro, doesn't work, won't uninstall and locks your phone up - already had to do a FDR because of it.
22nd August 2019, 11:00 PM |#3  
Evo_Pimpin's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Would also like to know.
22nd August 2019, 11:50 PM |#4  
mzsquared's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 127
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrant3876

What are you using? Does package disabler pro work on the Note 10? Used it on the Note 8 but just got mine late last night. Also wondering if Synergy and Substratum lite are working, don't want to break a $1200.00 phone on the first day.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...05&postcount=9
EDIT:

Don't use Package Disabler Pro, doesn't work, won't uninstall and locks your phone up - already had to do a FDR because of it.

Am just taking it slow, manually, don't want to mess things up on this shiny new phone. I use ADB shell commands to get into app packages, not every samsung package is showing up when trying to look for them by association (E.g:" adb shell pm list packages -f<package name> ") Some are easy like facebook, kids apps, netflix, chrome and a few others. The whole list of packages is 8 pages long, I printed it, so i can compare all lines to XDA tutorials for S10 to find the most obvious and safe pkgs to remove.

Here is a link to useful adb shell commands. When you are already in the "adb shell" state, you can just start the command line with "pm" right after $, skip typing the "adb shell" - much easier.

http://adbshell.com/commands/adb-shell-pm-list-packages
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mzsquared For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mzsquared Ad-Free
23rd August 2019, 05:38 AM |#5  
Zionator's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 642
 
Donate to Me
More
Anyone know how to remove Facebook? I can only disable it eh. I hate facecrap. I already hate facecrap bought oculus. So sad eh.
Anyways if anyone would be kind enough to upload a screenshot of it then that would be greatly appreciated.
23rd August 2019, 05:59 AM |#6  
mzsquared's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 127
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionator

Anyone know how to remove Facebook? I can only disable it eh. I hate facecrap. I already hate facecrap bought oculus. So sad eh.
Anyways if anyone would be kind enough to upload a screenshot of it then that would be greatly appreciated.

Exynos w. root can do it, not an option on Snapdragon. I think I found and disabled all fb instances and it's going to last until the next OTA Q update.
Here is what they are(fb related):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb shell
d2q:/ $ pm list packages -f facebook
package:/system/priv-app/FBServices/FBServices.apk=com.facebook.services
package:/system/app/Facebook_stub/Facebook_stub.apk=com.facebook.katana
package:/system/priv-app/FBInstaller_NS/FBInstaller_NS.apk=com.facebook.system
package:/system/app/FBAppManager_NS/FBAppManager_NS.apk=com.facebook.appmanager
d2q:/ $ pm disable-user --user 0 com.facebook.services
Package com.facebook.services new state: disabled-user
d2q:/ $ pm disable-user --user 0 com.facebook.katana
Package com.facebook.katana new state: disabled-user
d2q:/ $ pm disable-user --user 0 com.facebook.system
Package com.facebook.system new state: disabled-user
d2q:/ $ pm disable-user --user 0 com.facebook.appmanager
Package com.facebook.appmanager new state: disabled-user
d2q:/ $==================
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mzsquared For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mzsquared Ad-Free
23rd August 2019, 07:36 AM |#7  
Zionator's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 642
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzsquared

Exynos w. root can do it, not an option on Snapdragon. I think I found and disabled all fb instances and it's going to last until the next OTA Q update.
Here is what they are(fb related):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb shell
d2q:/ $ pm list packages -f facebook
package:/system/priv-app/FBServices/FBServices.apk=com.facebook.services
package:/system/app/Facebook_stub/Facebook_stub.apk=com.facebook.katana
package:/system/priv-app/FBInstaller_NS/FBInstaller_NS.apk=com.facebook.system
package:/system/app/FBAppManager_NS/FBAppManager_NS.apk=com.facebook.appmanager
d2q:/ $ pm disable-user --user 0 com.facebook.services
Package com.facebook.services new state: disabled-user
d2q:/ $ pm disable-user --user 0 com.facebook.katana
Package com.facebook.katana new state: disabled-user
d2q:/ $ pm disable-user --user 0 com.facebook.system
Package com.facebook.system new state: disabled-user
d2q:/ $ pm disable-user --user 0 com.facebook.appmanager
Package com.facebook.appmanager new state: disabled-user
d2q:/ $==================


Well I wont be rooting my note 10 just yet. My note 9 is rooted with custom rom and I am keeping it as backup.
Would like note 10 non rooted so I can use banking apps and samsung pay and so on.

So with the above adb commands I cannot remove Facebook?
I mean disable I can just do on the phone without the need for adb terminal. I would like to completely delete it from my phone and keep it non rooted.

And em I have not messed around with adb for years so I think I need to install it on pc if the deletion can be done unrooted...
23rd August 2019, 08:36 AM |#8  
ggrant3876's Avatar
Senior Member
Wichita Falls, Texas
Thanks Meter: 573
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzsquared

Am just taking it slow, manually, don't want to mess things up on this shiny new phone. I use ADB shell commands to get into app packages, not every samsung package is showing up when trying to look for them by association (E.g:" adb shell pm list packages -f<package name> ") Some are easy like facebook, kids apps, netflix, chrome and a few others. The whole list of packages is 8 pages long, I printed it, so i can compare all lines to XDA tutorials for S10 to find the most obvious and safe pkgs to remove.

Here is a link to useful adb shell commands. When you are already in the "adb shell" state, you can just start the command line with "pm" right after $, skip typing the "adb shell" - much easier.

http://adbshell.com/commands/adb-shell-pm-list-packages

I guess that's the route I'll go. Installed Franciso Franco's Nap Time and had to use a couple of ADB commands, see if it will help the battery.
25th August 2019, 12:23 PM |#9  
thering1975's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,777
 
More
Yep started debloating yesterday. I refuse to buy package disabled pro as every time samsung makes a change he releases it as a new version and expects you to pay again as the old version stops working. So switched to CCSWE and it just works, bit by likewise was the first thing to go
The Following User Says Thank You to thering1975 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thering1975 Ad-Free
25th August 2019, 03:28 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 228
 
More
In case anyone is looking to remove Netflix

pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.netflix.mediaclient
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.netflix.partner.activation

Few more useless things associated with browser

pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.bookmarkprovider

And this is in case you remove stock launcher. Even if you dont use it, you still need it for "recent apps" key

adb shell cmd package install-existing com.sec.android.app.launcher
2nd September 2019, 03:36 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzsquared

Fun, fun, fun...got Bixby out and that's enough for tonight:

hi, just want to confirm before execute it, does disabling all bixby not causing any problem?
because i heard disabling some samsung app (i.e. store) make your phone bootloop

thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bloatware uninstall, note 10+ bloatware

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes