This is not a "beginner's guide to Odin flashing" type post/thread, so I won't list basic, step-by-step instructions. My threads are geared towards those who already know what they're doing. If you're new to manually flashing Samsung firmware, I recommend you consult one of the "beginner's" posts/threads - there are tons of them here on XDA.
U firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=297977
U1 firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=297978
- DON'T QUOTE THE OP WHEN YOU REPLY, kthx
- I have an identical thread for the Note 10+
- My zips are compressed extra small for space and bandwidth savings. The default Windows extractor can't handle it, so you'll need a 3rd party tool like 7zip, WinRAR, etc
- My naming method for folders on AFH is: build - bootloader - Android version
So "SAT - 1 - 9.0" means the full build number ends in SAT, it's bootloader version 1, and it's Android 9.0. When bootloader and Android versions increment, the first build to have those changes will have its folder notated appropriately.
- HOME CSC file keeps data intact; using the other CSC will wipe data. Flashing USERDATA will also wipe data
- I know AFH servers/mirrors can be wonky sometimes, so if you want to download the latest version of whatever firmware you're seeking yourself, you can do so via SamFirm or Frija (plenty of links and threads here on XDA). I pay for a subscription to a site that gets beta builds and also gets the official releases (usually) before they hit SamFirm, so that's where my files come from. However, I don't have unlimited bandwidth on the site, and it's also quite time consuming to download the files, zip them up, and upload them to AFH. And, I do threads like this for every single Sx and Note x model - so I won't be uploading every single update version. The only full builds that I upload are ones where I get access to a new bootloader and/or Android version early, before they hit SamFirm.
- You can get USERDATAs from SamFirm for everything but AT&T and Cricket- those files will never be on SamFirm. So I'll try to always upload at least one USERDATA per bootloader increment for those carriers, and I'll also upload any full builds if AT&T is the only carrier to get that specific build, because you won't be able to find the files anywhere else.
- For USERDATAS (all the others are self explanatory):
AIO = Cricket
CCT = Xfinity Mobile (Comcast)
CHA - Spectrum Mobile (Charter)
TMK = Metro PCS
- the correct procedure for switching from one carrier's firmware to another is:
1. Flash full U1 firmware package including non HOME CSC
2. Upon boot, insert a SIM of the carrier whose firmware you want
3. Watch for the popup that says "reboot to apply new carrier settings" etc, and do it
4. After that restart completes, reboot back to Download mode and flash the full U firmware package, with the USERDATA file of the carrier whose firmware you want