FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Note 10 Display Discussion

75 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By JStar1033, Member on 4th September 2019, 04:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have both the note 10 and 10+. I was thinking of returning the 10+ due to size but I wanted to do a screen test comparison.

I'm using display tester from the app store and i'm using the "banding, contrast, saturation" test, here are my results,

Note 10
Note 10+

On the Note 10 you can't see anything past 6, whereas on the Note 10+ you can see right down to 2 and even sort of make out what 1 is supposed to look like.

I was wondering if anyone with a Note 10 would be able to run the test and let me know if this is just display lottery, if so I need to return this ASAP and get a new one.

Both phones brightness set to 100% and both screens are set to Natural
5th September 2019, 04:34 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
How to do the test. I have note 10
5th September 2019, 06:33 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 201

More
I did the same test on Note 10 and resutls are the same, last visible square is #7. App on playstore is called "Display Tester".
Now I know why I see so prominent black crush when watching youtube videos, I don't see a **** in dark scenes even on high brightness, this display is huge fail.
5th September 2019, 08:09 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by villadecai

How to do the test. I have note 10

There's an app on the Play store called display tester. Pick the "Banding, contrast, saturation" test then swipe until you get to the 3rdv test called black saturation test
5th September 2019, 08:10 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranwej

I did the same test on Note 10 and resutls are the same, last visible square is #7. App on playstore is called "Display Tester".
Now I know why I see so prominent black crush when watching youtube videos, I don't see a **** in dark scenes even on high brightness, this display is huge fail.

I have the note 10+ and there's no black crush at all on low levels. Tough pill to swallow because I really like the size and feel like the regular 10
10th September 2019, 04:11 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I have note 10 and just run the test, same after 7 below all black
10th September 2019, 07:40 PM |#7  
Flag Timrå
Thanks Meter: 1,789

Donate to Me
More
Just got my Note 10, and once I've the time for playing with it - I'll take a lock at the whole "display quality-lottery" thing myself.

It could just be a bad batch of units, or a lack of proper quality control. I mean, this issue haven't been mentioned in anyone of the various posted reviews on internet so..

It needs further investigation.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
display, grayscale, greyscale, issue, note 10

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)