FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Note 10 Plus First Impressions

683 posts
Thanks Meter: 337
 
By Geekser, XDA Ad-Free Senior Member on 10th August 2019, 12:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I stopped by ATT Store yesterday to get an "In Hand" experience with the new NOTE 10. I thought I would share my thoughts and see if anyone else has played around with the new note 10 or 10 plus to get their input and thoughts about which phone they intend to buy.

My First Impression when looking at the New Note 10 Plus is that it is without question, the most beautiful PHone and Screen I have ever seen. Virtually no bezels on the screen and a very small "chin" - it gives it a very impressive look. It is literally ALL Screen - and the OLED Panel is absolutely beautiful.

Picking up the Note 10 Plus, I was surprised by a couple of things -
Extremely Thin - much thinner than my S10 Plus.
Very Comfortable to Hold - and despite the 6.8 inch screen, it doesn't seem that much larger in overall size than my S10 Plus. That really surprised me. I was afraid the phone would be too large to hold - too big to use comfortably - but that was not the case at all. It felt great in the hand and was very easy to use. I could do many things one handed very comfortably.

Holding my S10 Plus back to back with the New NOTE 10 Plus, the size difference is minimal - surprisingly less than you would think considering how much larger the screen is -

The Camera was awesome - though I honestly didn't have time to really see all that it does. Some of the new features will be fun to mess around with - and the quality is clearly there - another incredible camera. I am really looking forward to the new video editing ap I saw online somewhere - using the SPen for video editing - can't wait -

The S Pen felt good in the hand - nice and easy to use and hold - but I didn't try any of the new features - I will wait until I get my new Note before I play around with those features -

All in all am thoroughly impressed and can't wait to get my Note 10 Plus. I think Samsung has put together a very impressive phone. The 23rd, can't come soon in enough.
Have you had a chance to play around with a new Note 10 at ATT or Best Buy ? Your Thoughts?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Geekser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Geekser Ad-Free
 
 
11th August 2019, 02:11 AM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekser

I stopped by ATT Store yesterday to get an "In Hand" experience with the new NOTE 10. I thought I would share my thoughts and see if anyone else has played around with the new note 10 or 10 plus to get their input and thoughts about which phone they intend to buy.



My First Impression when looking at the New Note 10 Plus is that it is without question, the most beautiful PHone and Screen I have ever seen. Virtually no bezels on the screen and a very small "chin" - it gives it a very impressive look. It is literally ALL Screen - and the OLED Panel is absolutely beautiful.



Picking up the Note 10 Plus, I was surprised by a couple of things -

Extremely Thin - much thinner than my S10 Plus.

Very Comfortable to Hold - and despite the 6.8 inch screen, it doesn't seem that much larger in overall size than my S10 Plus. That really surprised me. I was afraid the phone would be too large to hold - too big to use comfortably - but that was not the case at all. It felt great in the hand and was very easy to use. I could do many things one handed very comfortably.



Holding my S10 Plus back to back with the New NOTE 10 Plus, the size difference is minimal - surprisingly less than you would think considering how much larger the screen is -



The Camera was awesome - though I honestly didn't have time to really see all that it does. Some of the new features will be fun to mess around with - and the quality is clearly there - another incredible camera. I am really looking forward to the new video editing ap I saw online somewhere - using the SPen for video editing - can't wait -



The S Pen felt good in the hand - nice and easy to use and hold - but I didn't try any of the new features - I will wait until I get my new Note before I play around with those features -



All in all am thoroughly impressed and can't wait to get my Note 10 Plus. I think Samsung has put together a very impressive phone. The 23rd, can't come soon in enough.

Have you had a chance to play around with a new Note 10 at ATT or Best Buy ? Your Thoughts?



How was the balance. In hand did it want to tilt?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11th August 2019, 02:14 AM |#3  
Geekser's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 337
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdforme

How was the balance. In hand did it want to tilt?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I didn't get that sense at all. I had the note 9 prior to getting the S10 Plus and frankly, it felt similar to both the S10Plus and the NOte 9 - the biggest difference is the slimness of the phone is noticible - feels much thinner than both phones, but still solid and firm. Honestly, I was impressed. I expected it to feel too large and I didn't get that at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to Geekser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Geekser Ad-Free
11th August 2019, 12:19 PM |#4  
gavinfabl's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dartmoor
Thanks Meter: 1,814
 
More
Interesting feedback thanks. I checked the specs, and the S10+ is just as thin as the Note 10+. Must be the bezel giving the illusion of being thinner.
The Following User Says Thank You to gavinfabl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gavinfabl Ad-Free
11th August 2019, 02:44 PM |#5  
Geekser's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 337
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinfabl

Interesting feedback thanks. I checked the specs, and the S10+ is just as thin as the Note 10+. Must be the bezel giving the illusion of being thinner.

Isn't that weird? It absolutely felt thinner - LOL - thinner or not - it is an amazing phone and I can't wait for it to be released.
14th August 2019, 06:48 PM |#6  
force70's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 8,007
 
More
What i was most impressed by was how much lighter the 10 plus is than my note 9, you can absolutely tell having one in each hand even if the difference is only a few grams in reality.
16th August 2019, 04:17 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
I checked out the new Note at the Microsoft store and my Note 9 felt like a honking big phone compared to the Note 10 (which is what I ordered). Though, I will be using a case so that will add some heft again. The screen looked incredibly crisp and beautiful. I wish I played around with it a bit more. I messed around with the camera, looking at the zoom and wide angle. I really can't wait to see how much more of an improvement it is. I love the Note 9 camera though the low light use was a bit middle of the road. Maybe will go there tomorrow on my lunch again, but next Friday cannot come soon enough!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes