FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

The note 10’s battery life is less impressive than the rest of the phone

10 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By master dm, Junior Member on 6th October 2019, 04:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
The Note 10’s 8GB of RAM is plenty for multitasking and streaming music in the background without the worry of it being shut down by the phone’s memory management. (I’m looking at you, Pixel 3.) The 256GB of built-in storage — the only configuration available — is generous enough to cover all but the most voracious data hoarders’ needs, and I didn’t miss the fact that I can’t expand it with a memory card.

While the Note 10’s performance has no issues, its battery life is less impressive. Galaxy Note phones are famous for being able to last for a full day with heavy usage, but the Note 10 requires a bit more management and attentiveness to its battery life than I was expecting. Even though the battery capacity is higher and the screen resolution is lower than the S10, I’ve been getting about the same battery life on the Note 10 as I did on the S10, with just under four hours of screen time between charges. That’s still solid, and it will suffice for most people, but it’s not the impressive stamina you can get from the Note 10 Plus or even the S10 Plus.
6th October 2019, 04:36 PM |#2  
Flag Ridgewood, NJ
Thanks Meter: 198

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by master dm

The Note 10’s 8GB of RAM is plenty for multitasking and streaming music in the background without the worry of it being shut down by the phone’s memory management. (I’m looking at you, Pixel 3.) The 256GB of built-in storage — the only configuration available — is generous enough to cover all but the most voracious data hoarders’ needs, and I didn’t miss the fact that I can’t expand it with a memory card.

While the Note 10’s performance has no issues, its battery life is less impressive. Galaxy Note phones are famous for being able to last for a full day with heavy usage, but the Note 10 requires a bit more management and attentiveness to its battery life than I was expecting. Even though the battery capacity is higher and the screen resolution is lower than the S10, I’ve been getting about the same battery life on the Note 10 as I did on the S10, with just under four hours of screen time between charges. That’s still solid, and it will suffice for most people, but it’s not the impressive stamina you can get from the Note 10 Plus or even the S10 Plus.

Yes, can't beat the 12gb of RAM and 512gb storage + 5G specs on the 10+ with an enhaced S-Pen w/Bluetooth and accelerometer! Coming from a Note 8 w/6gb of RAM and only 64gb of storage, it's a world of difference - I love mine!

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
6th October 2019, 06:20 PM |#3  
Flag Toronto Ontario
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by master dm

I agree. I have until tomorrow to return mine and am having a hard time deciding.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)