FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Let's talk about the upcoming Note10

1,086 posts
Thanks Meter: 454

By Virgo_Guy, Senior Member on 20th June 2019, 04:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
#August 7th is the launch date if latest rumours are to be believed.

- What do you think about the rumored pinhole front facing camera? Looking at the small size of it, is it going to be inferior to the one in the S10+?
- The rumoured back cameras design looks a lot like what we have seen in several other smartphones. It does not look appealing to me and expected a better design.
- No hardware bixby button seen so far looking at trustworthy sources/renders. If it's real, it would feel like a fresh breath of air. Hope they all together killed it and not keeping a software-only bixby.
- Exynos 9820 or 9825? Hope the latter.
- 25W fast charging or something like 45W? Hope it's 45 but I'm kinda sure it'll be 25.🤪
#Meanwhile Vivo goes INSANE with 120W super fast charging to charge 4000 mAh in 13 minutes:
( https://www.gizmochina.com/2019/06/2...in-13-minutes/ )
- No headphobe jack it seems, not that something I care much, but a lot will be furious for sure.
- Feels good to know about AMD & Samsung's GPU licensing deal, but it does not mean we will see Adreno GPU in Exynos SoCs so soon, and nothing tastes bitter than continuing with Mali GPUs.
( https://www.anandtech.com/show/14492...-collaboration )
- Courtesy to IceUniverse's tweet, Note 10's "chin" is very narrow and hence no speaker grooves on the forehead, meaning that the flagship Sound on Display(SoD) technology will replace the traditional speaker. This is a welcome move . SoD in LG G8 for example, produces fuller, louder and equally good sound like traditional stereo ones.
- Though improved with consecutive updates, the FP sensor on the S10/S10+ still struggles at times, hope we see a drastic change in the second gen sensor.
- UFS 3.0 for sure, fast AF, sweet to have irrespective of how much of a difference it actually makes in real world..

23rd June 2019, 05:37 PM |#2  
Flag NORWICH, England
Thanks Meter: 643

More
- I wish the pinhole was at the side. Sticking it in the middle is distracting and also wastes the space either side.
- I like the camera design on the rear, it looks more natural when you are taking landscape oriented shots.
- No Bixby? No problem. Look I have tried very hard to like Bixby, I have defended it many times but in all honesty it sucks. The button is a pain as I constantly accidentally press it when gripping the phone.
- I think the processor speed regardless of which version will be absolutely more than enough. I don't get hyped up about speed anymore, I haven't had performance issues with Samsung flagships in a very long time. The latest version is nice but I am not too fussed.
- Superfast wireless charging would be nice but it's not dealbreaking.
- I do want a headphone jack! I do not see the point in removing it just to be like all the others. If they do remove it I hope they ship with some decent wireless buds.
- A GPU upgrade is a long time coming.
- I like the idea of Sound on Display for making calls, so long as it doesn't make the external speakers sound crap or too quiet when playing music or video.
- I definitely think they will improve the fingerprint scanner. My S10+ is hit and miss and seems like it's in beta. I am sure this will be improved.
- UFS 3.0 ... I agree it might not be worth the excitement but nice to have.

I hope they stick to the more subtle curves on the edges and corners. As much as I like the look of the curves on my S10+ they aren't as comfortable/practical as the Note 9.
I hope we still have a MicroSD card slot and they add wireless power share. I also want to see more attention paid to low light photography and an increase in optical zoom.
Regardless, as a Note Nutter I will be buying a Note 10. I don't want to break the chain of Notes owned since 2011
The Following User Says Thank You to apprentice For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift apprentice Ad-Free
23rd June 2019, 06:55 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Navi Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 454

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apprentice

- I wish the pinhole was at the side. Sticking it in the middle is distracting and also wastes the space either side.
- I like the camera design on the rear, it looks more natural when you are taking landscape oriented shots.
- No Bixby? No problem. Look I have tried very hard to like Bixby, I have defended it many times but in all honesty it sucks. The button is a pain as I constantly accidentally press it when gripping the phone.
- I think the processor speed regardless of which version will be absolutely more than enough. I don't get hyped up about speed anymore, I haven't had performance issues with Samsung flagships in a very long time. The latest version is nice but I am not too fussed.
- Superfast wireless charging would be nice but it's not dealbreaking.
- I do want a headphone jack! I do not see the point in removing it just to be like all the others. If they do remove it I hope they ship with some decent wireless buds.
- A GPU upgrade is a long time coming.
- I like the idea of Sound on Display for making calls, so long as it doesn't make the external speakers sound crap or too quiet when playing music or video.
- I definitely think they will improve the fingerprint scanner. My S10+ is hit and miss and seems like it's in beta. I am sure this will be improved.
- UFS 3.0 ... I agree it might not be worth the excitement but nice to have.

I hope they stick to the more subtle curves on the edges and corners. As much as I like the look of the curves on my S10+ they aren't as comfortable/practical as the Note 9.
I hope we still have a MicroSD card slot and they add wireless power share. I also want to see more attention paid to low light photography and an increase in optical zoom.
Regardless, as a Note Nutter I will be buying a Note 10. I don't want to break the chain of Notes owned since 2011

Quite liked how you wrote.

Unfortunately, we will probably see Type C AKG earphones bundled with, and not wireless buds as per this tweet:
https://twitter.com/mweinbachXDA/sta...431039488?s=19

We are already seeing massive low light improvements in the S10's after the updates :
https://www.xda-developers.com/samsu...eview-updates/
Note 10 should make it even better.

Sammy will probably not pay much attention to more optical zoom capabilities for now, but with 3 variable apertures being rumored, we might see sharper images in moderate lighting conditions due to the addition of f/1.8
https://mobile.twitter.com/UniverseI...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
The Following User Says Thank You to Virgo_Guy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Virgo_Guy Ad-Free
26th June 2019, 12:34 PM |#4  
Flag NORWICH, England

More
Maybe they will offer the earbuds on pre-orders (fingers crossed) But whilst I don't use the headphone jack very much I really hate this band wagon jumping that OEM's started to do when Apple removed it unnecessarily because (cough) they were brave.

The rumour mill does suggest that the Note 10 might have a 5x Optical Zoom, though it might be more destined to coincide with the next year's A-Series launches, considered Samsung's test-bed models of late. I also read that their newly developed 64 megapixel ISOCELL Bright GW1 sensor is not going to make it to the Note 10.

Which leads me on to this:

What's sad is that the Galaxy Note series was always considered Samsung's top jewel in the crown. If a new innovation was being pushed out you would find it on the latest Note. Now it seems that all the excitement is taken away once the S - Series phones are released (and in some cases the Galaxy A-Series) so owning a Note doesn't give you the bragging rights you once enjoyed. A good example is that I used to love the larger screen size offered by a Galaxy Note but now my S10+ is the same size as the Note 9. Camera innovations are often re-ported from the S to the Note, along with new bio-metrics and screen technology. So aside from the S-Pen, what do we really get for all that extra cash?

I upgrade each year all the same, because I have always considered the best Android phone each and every year is the Samsung Galaxy Note. But seriously, if the boundaries between the Galaxy S and the Note becoming more and more blurred my passion for this device will probable dwindle.

26th June 2019, 01:12 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1,074

Donate to Me
More
the bixby button was my flash light button ...

now i have to go buy a rape whistle.
26th June 2019, 04:17 PM |#6  
Flag NORWICH, England

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bober10113

That hopefully will never come in handy!
27th June 2019, 01:50 AM |#7  
Flag Spring Hill, FL
Thanks Meter: 772

More
Quote:

or maybe a chasity belt.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
27th June 2019, 02:14 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1,074

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeybastard

or maybe a chasity belt.

do they cover the back side as well?
27th June 2019, 02:15 AM |#9  
Flag Spring Hill, FL
Thanks Meter: 772

More
Quote:

do they cover the back side as well?

Yes, and they are barbed.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Limeybastard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Limeybastard Ad-Free
27th June 2019, 06:55 AM |#10  
a new article appeared on gsmarena where it leaks new note 10 cases and it's clearly showing that it will not have a headphone jack. personally I don't see a reason to buy it, even though I have wireless headphones I also use the wired ones at work and for the moment I can't part myself from a very useful feature.
The Following User Says Thank You to avatar_ro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift avatar_ro Ad-Free
27th June 2019, 06:11 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
To be honest, the Note 10 seems too similar to the S10 5G. I do prefer the centered front camera and the S-Pen is nice, but is it worth losing a headphone jack and likely having a smaller battery? Also, we see a rumored A90 without a notch or punch, but with high end specs.

Samsung has created too many models. They likely could have saved money and cut costs by combining the 5G and Note models. They could differentiate them more by using different aspect ratios. Not everyone likes the 19:9 or 19.5:9 aspect ratios. Phones are getting tall and unwieldy and a bezel-less 18:9 or 18.5:9 phone would be welcome.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)