Charging speed

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
To power up, you consume Red Bull. But your phone just needs its adaptive fast charger. Rate this thread to express how quickly the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 can charge. A higher rating indicates that it charges extremely fast.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Proday

Sep 19, 2010
Can any1 tell me how much time he need to fully charge note10 (not plus). From 10-15% to 100% i need more than a hour and 20min with stock charger, and just 3min more with charger from s8. Friend fully charge n10+ in about hour with stock charger and he have 800mAh bigger battery.

I have exynos n10View attachment 4818513View attachment 4818514

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lor_s

Nov 30, 2009
Can any1 tell me how much time he need to fully charge note10 (not plus). From 10-15% to 100% i need more than a hour and 20min with stock charger, and just 3min more with charger from s8. Friend fully charge n10+ in about hour with stock charger and he have 800mAh bigger battery.
I have exynos n10View attachment 4818513View attachment 4818514

I confirm your conclusions. I have NOTE 10+ and the charging time is also about 1 hour. At the same time, my wife has a NOTE 10 model, and her phone charges in about 1 hour 20 minutes. This really looks a little strange because:
1. The Note 10+ battery has a capacity greater than Note 10.
2. Both phones have the same EP-TA800 charger!
It seems strange, but it is.

Proday

Sep 19, 2010
@iOr_s tnx for sharing. And yeah...and I'm pissed because of that! Bouth selling as fast charge capable but for note 10 that doesn't woark!! :(

Someone should tell this to samsung mobile division! I don't know on which address to write :(

lor_s

Nov 30, 2009
@iOr_s tnx for sharing. And yeah...and I'm pissed because of that! Bouth selling as fast charge capable but for note 10 that doesn't woark!! :(

Someone should tell this to samsung mobile division! I don't know on which address to write :(

Note 10 has fast charging! Please go to Setting ... - Fast cable charging and unmark it. After that charging time will be changed for both models. In this case Note 10 charges in 3 hours instead of 1 hour 20 minutes. So Note 10 has fast charging mode as Samsung declared it.
Another thing is that fast charging is realized in Note 10 plus much more efficiently, include super fast charging of 45 watts.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Proday

Sep 19, 2010
@iOr_s yeah it have, but not fast as note10+, that's the point! Note+ can utilize 25w charger that came in box, note10 not (about the same charging speed with old 15w and new 25w chargers). ;)

GEMINI365I

Feb 27, 2009
www.urbanradiousa.com
Ok, so with my new 45w USB C to C wall charger from 0 to 100 takes an hour, flat! no frills. no lies.

Galaxy Note 10+. 45watt Super Fast Wall Charger, directly from Samsung with the $150 credit. I would suggest getting a few of these to carry around with you wherever you go. Now you know how long it takes to go from 0 to 100.

Last edited:
Reactions: Proday

lor_s

Nov 30, 2009
Ok, so with my new 45w USB C to C wall charger from 0 to 100 takes an hour, flat! no frills. no lies.

Galaxy Note 10+. 45watt Super Fast Wall Charger, directly from Samsung with the $150 credit. I would suggest getting a few of these to carry around with you wherever you go. Now you know how long it takes to go from 0 to 100.

Yes, great, congrats!
But that cannot help our friend @Proday. Note 10 does not support 45W fast charging.
By the way, the charging time for Note 10 Plus using the EP-TA800 adapter is also about 1 hour.
And on the side, it is much easier to carry the compact EP-TA800 with you wherever you go, than 45W fast charger :)

Proday

Sep 19, 2010
@iOr_s yeah, that is eaven better if you (and my neighbor here) have same charging time with 25w as user with 45w [emoji849][emoji56]

lor_s

Nov 30, 2009
@iOr_s yeah, that is eaven better if you (and my neighbor here) have same charging time with 25w as user with 45w [emoji849][emoji56]

In fact, there is a slight time difference. It is approximately 15 minutes ).
On the one hand, it makes up 25-30% (!!!) of the total charging time. But on the other hand, it's only about 15 minutes :)
And for me personally this is not so important. And for this reason I have not bought a 45W charger yet :cool:

Reactions: Proday

zhudm66

Apr 6, 2009
Singapore
Hi, since we are talking abt charging, I have one on Wireless.

The included Note 10+ power adaptor (EP-TA800) cannot FAST Wireless Charge when connected to my 2 older Wireless charger stands (EP-NG930, EP-PG950) [only Standard, slow Wireless Charging]... BUT if I swap out the 25W adaptor with an older unit (EP-TA20UWE), I CAN Fast Wireless Charge with both above-said charger stands.

My question: Is this normal per Samsung's current support for only USB PD & dropping of AFC charging standard (read this somewhere but not fully across the technical implications of this)? i.e.- I will need a new wireless charging stand in order to FAST wireless charge with provided 25W adaptor?

Bit of a bummer if true since that's like Samsung abandoning our older accessories. Appreciate any inputs u might have. Tks.

Reactions: MASTERGRAD

zhudm66

Apr 6, 2009
Singapore
Hi, since we are talking abt charging, I have one on Wireless.

The included Note 10+ power adaptor (EP-TA800) cannot FAST Wireless Charge when connected to my 2 older Wireless charger stands (EP-NG930, EP-PG950) [only Standard, slow Wireless Charging]... BUT if I swap out the 25W adaptor with an older unit (EP-TA20UWE), I CAN Fast Wireless Charge with both above-said charger stands.

My question: Is this normal per Samsung's current support for only USB PD & dropping of AFC charging standard (read this somewhere but not fully across the technical implications of this)? i.e.- I will need a new wireless charging stand in order to FAST wireless charge with provided 25W adaptor?

Bit of a bummer if true since that's like Samsung abandoning our older accessories. Appreciate any inputs u might have. Tks.

Got a response from Samsung today. They confirmed that the included 25W adapter will not enable Fast Wireless Charging on older Samsung stands for reasons associated with power & voltage regulation. That means if Fast Wireless charging is important to you, you'll have to pony up and get one of the new Samsung stands.

Sent from my d2s using XDA Labs

Proday

Sep 19, 2010
Of course that you need to pay for new! But it is eaven worse when you pay for something that doesn't work (25w on note10)!

On which address you wrote to samsung @zhudm66

Gesendet von meinem SM-N970F mit Tapatalk

zhudm66

Apr 6, 2009
Singapore
Of course that you need to pay for new! But it is eaven worse when you pay for something that doesn't work (25w on note10)!

Sorry to hear that! Which brings me to the point of being more transparent about adoption of new standards (and what legacy ones are dropped).. right? Fast Wireless charging on older stands not supported... okay, maybe not such a big deal but you'd think they'd be a little more upfront about it instead of giving us the big run around.

To answer yr Q- I contacted them via Live Chat on Samsung Members app, then they called me back.

Last edited:

Tidbits

Mar 5, 2011
Pearl City
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Got a response from Samsung today. They confirmed that the included 25W adapter will not enable Fast Wireless Charging on older Samsung stands for reasons associated with power & voltage regulation. That means if Fast Wireless charging is important to you, you'll have to pony up and get one of the new Samsung stands.

I have 2 dual stands wireless chargers from Samsung. 1 is 10W and the other is 15 W. They BOTH show fast charging for me. They both came with their own power adaptors out of the box. The 10W comes with the adaptive fast charging, and the 15W came with the same 25W charger that the Note 7 was able use. Did you lose your adaptor?

MASTERGRAD

Jul 21, 2010
To power up, you consume Red Bull. But your phone just needs its adaptive fast charger. Rate this thread to express how quickly the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 can charge. A higher rating indicates that it charges extremely fast.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
Charges my plus in one hr and 10 mins from 10 to full, and beats all my past devices.

junejo46726

Feb 1, 2015
Sukkur
Update one ui 2.1

after updating to one ui 2.1 i have noticed my note10 plus take more time to charge then before this update (tried between 40%to 85%) but bettery time incteased from 4.3min per 1% to 4.8min...
anyone else with same situation

interate

Oct 10, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
after updating to one ui 2.1 i have noticed my note10 plus take more time to charge then before this update (tried between 40%to 85%) but bettery time incteased from 4.3min per 1% to 4.8min...

me too, and super fast charging indicator does not appear anymore. just showing as fast charging. now it takes about 1hour 15mins to full charge my phone. i used Ampere application and it showed that my phone is charging at maximum rate of 1700mA only. by right it should be getting around 2400mA++

Reactions: junejo46726

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Horrible battery life for the note 10 , need to charge the device twice a day, not acceptable

Sorry to hear that! Which brings me to the point of being more transparent about adoption of new standards (and what legacy ones are dropped).. right? Fast Wireless charging on older stands not supported... okay, maybe not such a big deal but you'd think they'd be a little more upfront about it instead of giving us the big run around.

To answer yr Q- I contacted them via Live Chat on Samsung Members app, then they called me back.

In fact, there is a slight time difference. It is approximately 15 minutes ).
    On the one hand, it makes up 25-30% (!!!) of the total charging time. But on the other hand, it's only about 15 minutes :)
    And for me personally this is not so important. And for this reason I have not bought a 45W charger yet :cool:

me too, and super fast charging indicator does not appear anymore. just showing as fast charging. now it takes about 1hour 15mins to full charge my phone. i used Ampere application and it showed that my phone is charging at maximum rate of 1700mA only. by right it should be getting around 2400mA++