FORUMS

[App] sMouse : Use your Note 10 S Pen as an air mouse

63 posts
Thanks Meter: 43

By bakachu, Member on 20th October 2019, 03:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

I'm happy to present what I think is the first Air Mouse app for the Note 10: sMouse.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sthetic.smouse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZI6yBJ3u1c

sMouse is a virtual cursor for your Note 10 that you can control with the S Pen.

sMouse uses the Gyro embedded in the S Pen to detect movement and move the cursor.

To navigate: Hold down the button on the S Pen while keeping the mouse still. This engages 'Warp mode', where you can re-position the cursor, or go back or home.
To scroll: Hold down the button on the S Pen and quickly flick the S Pen up or down to start Scrolling.

Permissions:
The app needs two permissions to operate, these are:
* Overlay permission: This allows the app to draw a virtual cursor over your screen
* Accessibility Service permission: The app needs to be granted the Accessibility Service's 'Gesture' permission so that it can perform clicks, navigate Back and to Home on your device.

Current limitations:
* The S Pen Gyro only works well when the S Pen is held horizontally. If you point the S Pen down (vertically), the gyro can not detect movement, and your cursor won't move.
* The virtual cursor can not move/draw into the system bar at the top of the phone. This is an Android OS security thing where Android will not let apps draw in this space.

This app is just a bit of fun that I made after playing with the S Pen SDK to see what the S Pen could do, and to my pleasant surprise it has a functioning gyro sensor that is readable from the SDK. I've made a good attempt to make this as usable as possible, however it is limited by the hardware in the S Pen.

Thats it. The app is free, no paid versions or advertisements. If you like it please leave a nice review, and maybe checkout my stuff

Hope you enjoy!
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to bakachu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bakachu Ad-Free
24th October 2019, 12:46 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Very useful app that you have created. It is very useful. Brilliant work.
24th October 2019, 02:33 AM |#3  
ironic that i spoke to someone weeks ago about having an app made like this, wish i was quicker, well done looking forward to test it.
14th November 2019, 03:45 PM |#4  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 1,216

Donate to Me
More
This is great. Seems to work well so far.

This would be a great addition to Dex Desktop while working on a TV. I haven't tested it yet but it seems like a fit made in heaven.
26th November 2019, 05:50 AM |#5  
Flag Odessa
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I will try! Great work! Thanks!
30th December 2019, 04:58 PM |#6  
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Great app and work. Anyone could post a new video showing all the functions?

It could be used like a regular mouse ... Pointing, moving, right and left click ... Except toolbar?

Enviado desde mi Mi MIX 2 mediante Tapatalk
1st January 2020, 10:40 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Looks interesting
30th January 2020, 03:08 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
thanks for your great work, can you please provide us a link for the apk file, for those of us who can't access the play store?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)