What is SideSqueeze?
SideSqueeze is an app that brings extended functionality to your Galaxy device, helping you to do more. It is compatible only with (most) Samsung Galaxy devices from 2017 onwards, although some people have reported varying degrees of success with Pixel devices.
Your privacy is valued. This app does not contain ads, nor does it collect or harvest your data.
It does not have the ability to access the internet, regardless of whether or not special permissions are enabled, as can be verified in the manifest.
With the introduction of version 2.1, SideSqueeze has grown beyond just squeezing and pressing! The primary feature of SideSqueeze is still detecting both squeeze and press gestures via the analysis of barometric sensor pressure data, but now there's more... This new update brings many improvements and bug fixes to the pressure engine, as well as a brand new module called "Plus" that provides additional functionality, such as: fingerprint unlock vibration (for both front and back fingerprint scanners), face/iris unlock vibration, customizable fingerprint unlock actions (start the camera when you unlock with a certain finger, etc), power button long-press, various volume button combinations, S Pen button press remap, S Pen button double-press remap, S Pen button long-press, S Pen Note10 global air override (wave your pen at any time to perform home/back/recents/etc).
Tip: If you are not interested in squeezing/pressing and would like to use this app just for the Plus module features listed above, simply switch off both squeeze and press detection. This will completely suspend the analysis engine, and leave the Plus module functionality intact.
IMPORTANT! For the Plus module to work (as well as certain actions such as: immersive status/nav toggles, rotation toggle), a command has to be run from a computer via Android Developer Bridge (adb). Instructions can be found from within the app on the Help tab. This step only needs to be performed once.
What can it do?
- Squeeze your device to go home!
- Double Squeeze to start a voice assistant!
- Triple Squeeze to perform a Tasker task!
- Bring back force pressing your screen to go home! (while screen on)
- Make power button long-press start the camera!
- Vibrate when you unlock your device with a fingerprint, or face!
- Choose a finger that will automatically start the camera instantly after unlocking via that finger!
- Remap S Pen button press, double-press, and long-press!
- Use S Pen air actions anywhere, and assign them anything! Wave down to go home, wave up for recents, and more! Assign waving up, down, left, right, clockwise, and counter-clockwise!
- Press both volume buttons together to do something!
- Press volume up and power to do something!
- Press volume down and power to do something while the screen is off!
- Control the camera with your thumb: Volume roll down-to-up to start the camera, press volume down to take a picture, then volume roll up-to-down to close the camera!
Features (not all available in trial mode)
- 7 detectable squeeze types (single, double, triple, quadruple, long, long double-squeeze, and inertial)
- 3 detectable press types (single, long, and 2-finger)
- NEW! Plus module adds up to 15 more things depending upon your device (Fingerprint Vibration, Fingerprint Unlock Actions, Face/Iris Unlock Vibration, Power Button Long Press, Volume Up + Power Button, Volume Down + Power Button, Volume Button Roll (down-to-up and up-to-down), Dual Volume Button Press, Double Press, and Triple Press, S Pen Button Press, S Pen Button Double Press, S Pen Button Long Press, S Pen Global Air Overrides)
- NEW! The graphical analyzer tool visually plots your pressure wave, allowing you to precisely adjust the engine to your unique needs
- Independently selectable criteria allow you to assign multiple actions to any trigger type (if lockscreen open, if homescreen open, if camera open, if S Pen detached, if within 5-seconds of power on, if the phone is ringing, if in-call, or if screen is off)
- App picker to launch any app
- Tasker integration to launch any task
- Quick Settings tile to toggle detection engine
- Wide selection of common actions, such as flashlight toggling, status bar toggling, etc
- Adjustable pressure thresholds
- Calibration assistant to customize SideSqueeze to your device's unique characteristics
See the in-app Help section for answers to commonly asked questions.
Where do I get it?