FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][I317/t0lteatt][lollipop/5.0.2][UNOFFICIAL]CyanogenMod 12(1/10/2015)

1,138 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,458

By AzraelsKiss, Senior Member on 15th December 2014, 10:25 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th December 2014, 08:51 PM |#31  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertag

I have the i317m from Rogers also and no issue here.

What ROM are you on currently?
Any custom kernel installed?
What version of recovery are you using?

Try this:

-Wipe cache, then Dalvik
-Wipe Data
-Flash ROM
-Reboot recovery only (No phone reboot, just select reboot recovery from the menu)
-Flash ROM again (Did it work this time ?)

So I figured it out. My phone is a i317m that was originally telus. It is the 3g version but the baseband is in LTE format. The path for both the system and data files are different than your normal LTE phones aka t0lte or whatever. So most old and all t03g Roms have the old path /mm...etc. While all the new Roms except those for the 3g note have the new paths. I just had to change the paths for the LTE Roms to one that matches my phone and everything was fine. Thanks anyway.
20th December 2014, 10:15 PM |#32  
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzraelsKiss

In the CM12 for the i605 thread, fkfmfz posted a gps fix. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=107 I tried it, and it does seem to help fix the gps issues, but for 2 hours on idle, my battery level did not drop, so I'm afraid it might be messing with the battery sensor somehow... Or maybe it's just the perfect fix for lollipop... Hmmm...

Have a good one!

Saw that as well. I've taken the liberty of cleaning up his/her ZIP to remove some KK-gapps and facelock related stuff from it, focusing strictly on minimal set of files to fix the GPS issue. I'm attaching the cleaned up files here. hwonly is the minimum required to get GPS signal. hw+config also includes gps config files which may or may not improve anything. Full credits go to @fkfmfz , I'm just a janitor.

This zip file rolls back a bunch of GPS/location related stuff to an earlier version. It should work in other lollipop ROMs as well, but I had no time to test it yet. The GPS signal does seem to drop occasionally, not sure the effects on long-term usage. Also, the location mode must be in high-accuracy, otherwise GPS Test does not pick up any satellites.

Lastly, PLEASE NOTE: the zip file doesn't do model verification before flashing, and I'm not sure where the gps libs files actually come from, so use with caution.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to miji2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift miji2 Ad-Free
20th December 2014, 10:22 PM |#33  
OP Senior Member
Flag Owenton, KY

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miji2

Saw that as well. I've taken the liberty of cleaning up his/her ZIP to remove some KK-gapps and facelock related stuff from it, focusing strictly on minimal set of files to fix the GPS issue. I'm attaching the cleaned up files here. hwonly is the minimum required to get GPS signal. hw+config also includes gps config files which may or may not improve anything. Full credits go to @fkfmfz , I'm just a janitor.

This zip file rolls back a bunch of GPS/location related stuff to an earlier version. It should work in other lollipop ROMs as well, but I had no time to test it yet. The GPS signal does seem to drop occasionally, not sure the effects on long-term usage. Also, the location mode must be in high-accuracy, otherwise GPS Test does not pick up any satellites.

Lastly, PLEASE NOTE: the zip file doesn't do model verification before flashing, and I'm not sure where the gps libs files actually come from, so use with caution.

Thank you... I was going to try to clean up the zip later, when I have time, but ya beat me to it.

Have a good one!
21st December 2014, 05:23 AM |#34  
OP Senior Member
Flag Owenton, KY

Donate to Me
More
Location Another new build
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95864024717067160

This build should fix the wifi crash/reboot issue and adds some custom battery icons. There may be other changes I'm forgetting, but you get the gist... Hope y'all like!

Have a good one!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AzraelsKiss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AzraelsKiss Ad-Free
21st December 2014, 06:41 AM |#35  
Flag Brooklyn NY
Thanks Meter: 24

Donate to Me
More
I flash on Tmobile Note 2 and so far so good. No problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to kingskidd268 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kingskidd268 Ad-Free
21st December 2014, 05:55 PM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
@miji2 thanks for the cleaned up GPS fix. I flashed the zip with he files only on my i317 and I have GPS again. I get a fix in a few seconds in GPS test with location settings as high accuracy AND device only.
21st December 2014, 09:21 PM |#37  
@farmercyst , that's interesting because for me to sat forever when it was in Device only .. so I gave up. Maybe I didn't wait long enough?
21st December 2014, 09:41 PM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
will heads up notifications eventually be added or am i just not seeing the settings?
21st December 2014, 10:52 PM |#39  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Screen Mirroring
Still in love with this ROM.

Battery life went a full day and a half with moderate usage. Looking at getting a larger battery for a real shot at three days of usage.

Testing the GPSfix today. We went to a Christmas party in a new addition and my g/f's apple maps lead us to an empty field. Maps on mine showed the exact destination, but the GPS was in limbo so we had to use it the old fashioned way.

EDIT: GPS Fix was sideloaded and confirmed restoral of satellite lock has returned. AWESOME WORK!!!

Any plans to assure screen mirroring functionality like the AOSP ROMs have on the Nexus Devices?
22nd December 2014, 12:18 AM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miji2

@farmercyst , that's interesting because for me to sat forever when it was in Device only .. so I gave up. Maybe I didn't wait long enough?

It will never cease to amaze me how differently hardware acts for devices that are supposed to be the same. I would try the GPS fix on another ROM but I don't have a compelling reason to try another one. GPS was the last thing holding me back from lollipop, without GPS, I would have no ingress and that is unacceptable lol.
22nd December 2014, 04:21 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
netflix
can we port the netflix fix zip from the G2 forum to work for our device? i habe seen some people on the nexus say it works for them too. i tried it and it didnt fix anything.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)