- Youtube (maybe others?) video rendering issues in Chrome. (Videos may not look right...Videos go black in fullscreen and may even cause the device to reboot.)
- Snapchat and other social networks/media sharing apps are having camera and media uploading issues.
- Bluetooth issues are possible on almost all custom Lollipop ROMs for t0lte based devices.
- Voice search or commands in Google Now do not work over bluetooth, including voice dialing. You may need to find a 3rd party app if you need these features over bluetooth.
- SELINUX defaults to enforced. If you use bluetooth devices, you will need to set SELINUX to permissive, because bluetooth will not work with SELINUX enforced at this time.
- Settings > Dirty Tweaks > General UI > Misc. Tweaks > Selinux Mode > Permissive
- Cellular dropouts are possible while connected to wifi. If they get to be too excessive, please try the following:
- Delete all APNs except for the appropriate one for your carrier (ATT Nextgenphone works best for me on at&t)
- With wifi off, tap on Network Operators under Cellular Networks (tap OK through the warning about the data connection being interrupted)
- Allow the system to search for available network operators (takes like a minute or less) then either select your carrier, or let the system automatically choose
- Once your cellular connection reconnects to your carrier, reboot your phone (sometimes it may take a couple of reboots)
- Your preferred network type should stay LTE and SIM status under About Phone should show LTE for the Cellular network type (unless you don't have LTE service)
- Download ROM here: Dirty Unicorns 5
- Download GAPPS here: DU TBO GAPPS or BaNkS GAPPS
- Reboot into recovery (The latest version of TWRP is recommended).
- Full wipe: Wipe cache, dalvik, wipe data/factory reset, clean to install new rom, format system. (If you insist on dirty flashing and end up having any issues, please do not report these issues. Do a clean flash first, and only report issues that exist after a clean flash.)
- Flash ROM downloaded above.
- Flash GAPPS downloaded above.
- Reboot into system.
- Let the system rest for a bit to connect to the cellular network and get everything squared away before initial setup.
- A few reboots will more than likely be necessary to work out all the kinks.
- Enjoy the lollipop sweetness.
btw... If you remove the keep awake permission from Google Play Service or other Google apps as per some suggestions to help improve battery life, you'll likely find that music will stutter after the screen turns off. Removing the keep awake permission from any essential Google app is not recommended.
I would like to thank the following who made this build possible:
sbrissen, DerTuefel1980 and all other contributors who were able to get the t0lte device tree updated for and running lollipop.
mr.nth.na.vn for his work-around to get sbrissen's i605 CM12 build to work correctly on t0lte and his continuing development for t0lte since.
Voyebanm for his posts and links which helped me to find the answers I needed.
fkfmfz for his gps fix that I have baked into the ROM and miji2 for cleaning up the fix.
ctludlow for the Chrome glitching fix. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=244 (No longer needed.)
wilson3q and rogersb11 for all that y'all do to keep t0lte development alive.
For more information about Dirty Unicorns, please visit the following links:
Dirty Unicorns Google+ Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/...28866939227235
Dirty Unicorns Source: https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns
Official t0lteatt Dirty Unicorns XDA forum by jmz: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2640856
Have a good one!