[ROM]Official[317/317M](7/08) [SaberKat 1.5][4.4.2 KITKAT TW]

Search This thread

hatgirl223

Nov 13, 2011
Arkansas
modem

It's running well !!
First impression with a few hours on the rom is...

Stable with stock kernel...(have not used Agni...as I don't see the need at this point)...

Leave the .prop alone for now unless I see issues...

I'm enjoying the network switch option in the Canadian rom..(ATT prop and APN changes will kill this and the dialer code features...(thanks a lot ATT...)

Transitions in developer settings set to "0"....combined with Nova launcher set to "faster than light"....will scare you because the screen changes are so fast....LOL

Camera is "FINALLY"....a thing of beauty...and takes phenomenal pictures...

I'm still playing and testing...but I'm very near to the...
"If it ain't broke don't fix it"...stage...because changes for my liking will make it worse...

A great build with "HUGE" potential...

I'm gonna say ...(which I rarely do..)
That I'm enjoying this TW rom more than any other I've tried...in it's bare form...because the rom just runs damn nice.....g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Which modem did you use for ATT?

fatjoejr2001

Oct 18, 2010
Brooklyn
Looking forward till next update where all build stuff or whatever is ironed out...this sounds very simple, yet very powerful. Looking forward to much future development...Great job rogers :thumbup:

Tap, tap says the wicked Note +₩● ?

Reactions: rogersb11

annewbie

Sep 7, 2010
Beta installed and it's running smooth as butter. Thank you very much.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
Which modem did you use for ATT?

MK6

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Just a quick update folks...
I've been testing a beta kernel for rogersb....

The test was to ensure that we could get SELINUX to a permissive state using a modified 4.4 kernel from another device...since we don't have our own official version to play with...

The kernels permissive state does persist through reboot...and is not only stable...but it speeds up the rom even more based on my tests...

A "HUGE "...WELL DONE !!!...to our own rogersb11 for taking this great rom another step up the rom ladder...

It's getting better by the hour....and I'd like to openly thank him.... for the opportunity to help...

Well done Brother....g

Last edited:

32dave

Apr 7, 2011
Woodstock
I am tethered right now The construction crew wiped out the internet for the whole street, so if some body else has done this mod then i apologize. With that said here is a SystemUI for NF1 it has Left signal,centre clock and speedometer no icons have been modded ( I figure you can choose your own) both Blueview v2 and DJunderground's Mod Killer Zone themes from the 7100/7105 thread work with no issues

Attachments

• SystemUI.apk
    3.2 MB · Views: 15

shamdawg

Dec 20, 2007
Rom looks great and runs much smoother then Jelly Bean. Only issue i'm having is that my phone is unable to switch over to lte. It sits on H+. When I try to do the network switch it won't switch over to lte. I'm on mk6. Anyone else having this problem?

karlkarloff

Jan 2, 2011
Boone, North Carolina
Rom looks great and runs much smoother then Jelly Bean. Only issue i'm having is that my phone is unable to switch over to lte. It sits on H+. When I try to do the network switch it won't switch over to lte. I'm on mk6. Anyone else having this problem?

I am having the same problem, getting ready to change the APN, figure that will fix the issue. Will update if it works.

Reactions: RichMD

smooth65

Jan 29, 2008
Is the stock modem included in this rom AT&T? If not, must I flash it? Thanks

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda premium

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Is the stock modem included in this rom AT&T? If not, must I flash it? Thanks

I am having the same problem, getting ready to change the APN, figure that will fix the issue. Will update if it works.

Don't need a modem. Also you have to switch to lte under mobile networks under type. It's set to like WD .. Something

Last edited:

sockey

Jun 19, 2010
Tulsa
Don't need a modem. Also you have to switch to lte under mobile networks under type. It's set to like WD .. Something

Can't seem to get this setting to stick. Each time I change it to LTE it is switched back to WCDMA/GSM when I go back and check.

smooth65

Jan 29, 2008
Try this. Untick data first. Make your adjustment and tick data on again. That is if you had not completed this step previously. Hope this works

sockey

Jun 19, 2010
Tulsa
if you change the apn settings to the att lte settings it should work.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Changing my apn did allow it to stick while the other suggestions did not. When I put in the new apn I was not able to set the apn type with a list like: default,fota,mas,supl,hipri,mms. It was either internet, MMS or both. Also, apn protocol was stuck at IPv4 and could not change it to IPv4/IPv6. But it is a lot better, so thanks for the help.

shamdawg

Dec 20, 2007
Yeah some of the settings are different from AT&T. LTE and mms seem to be working fine though. I'll let you know if I encounter any problems .

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Reactions: gregsarg and sockey

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Don't mess with the build prop. Locale must me set to CA. It shouldn't have the M in model number anyway and that's see you see. I'll push out the build with the permissive kernel sometime tonight just not sure when yet. Out with the lady, sorry guys lol

Reactions: gregsarg and 32dave

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android-KitKat.jpg

samsung_galaxy_note_2_receiving_kitkat_update_screenshot_sammobile.jpg

Galaxy-S4-GPE.jpg

Galaxy-S4-LTE-Android-4.4.2-KitKat.jpg

note3-kitkat-442.jpg

Welcome to SaberKat Android TouchWiz 4.4.2. This is a Semi-Stock ROM with a few speed tweaks and a slightly modified kernel to allow permmisive state. Includes several S5 apps and probably more to come but who knows what I'll do with this thing. The ROM includes Xposed, Wanam and SE Mode Switcher used to activate permissive kernel. Updates are planned including at some point possibly implementing my own custom kernel.

Download: SaberKat 1.5

Download: SaberKat 1.0

SuperSU download: SuperSU

If you are still on the old 4.1.2 bootloader then you will need to flash agni kernel for WiFi
    AGNI Download: AGNI Purestock Thread

AGNI External SD write fix. Should work with any kernel. Download: AGNI KK SD fix

New ATT 4.4.2 Modem: I317UCUCNE5_Modem.zip

New Canadian 4.4.2 Modem: I317MVLUDNF1 Modem.zip

HOW TO INSTALL

Download the zip
    WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
    Wipe System
    Wipe Cache/Dalvic Cache
    Flash the Rom
    Reboot
    Set up APN, save and select. Go back and turn on Flight Mode. Now turn off flight mode. Network switch now available but should be LTE on default. If not change it. Reboot to recovery (4 Way Reboot now standard) and flash SuperSU. Reboot and enjoy
    Enjoy

Thanks to these fine folks here for helping me: @eZdubzitmk4 for helping me acclimate to TouchWiz as almost all my experience has been with AOSP. @gregsarg for numerous tests and continued effort. Not to mention hours of mind numbing searching and countless valuable input. @Mr.Bola for the S5 apps

Notes:Unobtrusive calling only works when in app. Messaging quick reply go to message settings, notifications and enable pop up. That's all for now, have to check what all I've actually changed. ENJOY THE ROM

Disclaimer:/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
    */
    Wanted to give a little update here guys. I setup my PC to work on touchwiz again to update this BUT I actually read up on android again today and noticed we'll be getting 4.4.4 anytime now so as soon as it is released I will add my stuff from here and then start working on the update. Seems silly to not wait when it's just around the corner and I'd have even more to change to get the new base all caught up. I haven't forgotten about you guys I swear. Although it is really quiet here so easy to slip up lol. I can honestly say I haven't had a single issue on this ROM. Thanks for the patience guys, just wanted to let you know that the update is on my schedule now instead of just I'll get to it. I need a break from kernel and aosp anyway after my next update to CyanideMod and Shift

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Just thought I would give an update. Been really busy but started working on this again today. I will update sometime soon, just not sure exactly when yet. Working on several things when I have free time including a custom kernel built in from source

Not a comment for a week. Speaks for a solid rom with few issues ☺

Literally like an hour ago I thought this exact same thing. Been busy working on something special for this awesome community. Probably be posted in 7105 threads but may have a reference thread here. Be today or tomorrow so keep an eye out. I assure you it'll be more than worthwhile, even when it just begins??. Still plan to update this ROM as well

Update should be available by tomorrow guys. Just thought I'd let you know. Clean install required