HOW-TO Downgrade from 4.3 OFFICIAL MK6 to LJ2 4.1.1

Search This thread

perez6991

Sep 30, 2012
Santa Ana
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 9
For people wanting to unlock there Note 2 SGH-I317 but can't due to being on 4.3 MK6 (OTA) or you just hate KNOX and want to kill it here's a guide on how to do so.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR PHONE BLOWS UP, KILLS JUSTIN BIEBER OR BRICKS. DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

Ill try to make it as simple as possible with step by step instructions

STEP 1: Download the 4.1.1 LJ2 firmware from Sammobile and extract to Desktop or somewhere convenient (need and account)

STEP 2: Download Odin 3.07 or your preferred choice, open Odin

STEP 3: Put your Note 2 in Download Mode and plug into a RELIABLE usb port and a RELIABLE usb cable (preferably the white Samsung cable) and wait for it to show up in Odin (COM5 or something like that)

STEP 4: Click the PDA slot in Odin and locate the LJ2 4.1.1 firmware and wait for it to verify, it may look like the program freezes but its just verifying the md5 firmware.

BEFORE ANYTHING MAKE SURE IN THE OPTION AREA ONLY AUTO REBOOT AND F.RESET TIME ARE CHECKED!!!

STEP 5: Click START and wait. After a while Odin should say RESET in the BOX above the Option area

Did you notice that you note doesn't boot after a while?? This is because of left over 4.3 file not letting the system boot. Pull the battery and let the phone sit for a few seconds, pop the battery in and boot into stock recovery (HOLD VOL UP+HOME+POWER) and do a FACTORY RESET then reboot.

STEP 6: SUCESS!! If you did everything right your phone should boot into 4.1.1.

Click thanks if this helped you get unlocked and murder KNOX.

Last edited:

Jspex

Mar 2, 2012
Wait, what! ? You found a way to back step from the official 4.3 ota update? I'll be giving this a try after the 25th when I have the extra time.

Did you thank your Developer today?

Last edited:

gabrielvs85

Dec 14, 2011
:laugh: I try right now, and works 100 percent, i follow the steps and works great :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jspex

Jspex

Mar 2, 2012
Awesome guys, looks like we have a back step process now. Thank you guys for risking your devices to discover this for us :D

Milkman00

Jun 12, 2010
Tampa Bay, Florida
Awesome guys, looks like we have a back step process now. Thank you guys for risking your devices to discover this for us :D

Sort of.

We have a back step process BUT It DOES seem to void your knox warranty because even on 4.1.1 if I do the three finger salute, it says knox warranty = 1. So it does still blow the e-fuze.

I realize most people on here probably won't care about this, but in the interest of full disclosure I wanted to put it out there.

xuanphucn

May 6, 2011
Sort of.

We have a back step process BUT It DOES seem to void your knox warranty because even on 4.1.1 if I do the three finger salute, it says knox warranty = 1. So it does still blow the e-fuze.

I realize most people on here probably won't care about this, but in the interest of full disclosure I wanted to put it out there.

that means the bootloader wasnt downgraded. You are pretty much stuck anyways

traitimmapu

Jun 21, 2012
can someone confirm if it works with model i317m (rogers locked) running baseband version i317MVLUCMK5 (running 4.3)?

Milkman00

Jun 12, 2010
Tampa Bay, Florida
If you can give more detail I may be able to help you. What was it doing before, what is it doing now, what do you see on the screen, etc, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For people wanting to unlock there Note 2 SGH-I317 but can't due to being on 4.3 MK6 (OTA) or you just hate KNOX and want to kill it here's a guide on how to do so.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR PHONE BLOWS UP, KILLS JUSTIN BIEBER OR BRICKS. DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

Ill try to make it as simple as possible with step by step instructions

STEP 1: Download the 4.1.1 LJ2 firmware from Sammobile and extract to Desktop or somewhere convenient (need and account)

STEP 2: Download Odin 3.07 or your preferred choice, open Odin

STEP 3: Put your Note 2 in Download Mode and plug into a RELIABLE usb port and a RELIABLE usb cable (preferably the white Samsung cable) and wait for it to show up in Odin (COM5 or something like that)

STEP 4: Click the PDA slot in Odin and locate the LJ2 4.1.1 firmware and wait for it to verify, it may look like the program freezes but its just verifying the md5 firmware.

BEFORE ANYTHING MAKE SURE IN THE OPTION AREA ONLY AUTO REBOOT AND F.RESET TIME ARE CHECKED!!!

STEP 5: Click START and wait. After a while Odin should say RESET in the BOX above the Option area

Did you notice that you note doesn't boot after a while?? This is because of left over 4.3 file not letting the system boot. Pull the battery and let the phone sit for a few seconds, pop the battery in and boot into stock recovery (HOLD VOL UP+HOME+POWER) and do a FACTORY RESET then reboot.

STEP 6: SUCESS!! If you did everything right your phone should boot into 4.1.1.

Click thanks if this helped you get unlocked and murder KNOX.
    Thats what im waiting to see as well... will it take ota after knox flag set, and if so, will it reset flag upon ota to 4.3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Working on that now.

Not only the Knox flag, but it's got the MK6 bootloader already. Not sure if that's going to barf either.

EDIT: Flashed with ODIN to LJ2 from MA4, pulled battery, got into recovery, factory rest, booted fine.
    Rooted, now running triangle away then will try OTA.

EDIT 2: Interesting. System update found update. Size is only 302 mb. The 4.3 OTA was over 700. We'll see. Slow DL connection, 13 %. Going to be a little bit

EDIT 3: Wow. 302 mb update downloaded, restarted for install, it rebooted and I didn't catch to see if the install finished completely.
    Apparently it didn't. System was still at LJ2. Tried system update again, it said check in 24 hours. I set time again 24 hours, it found update again. The 302 mb update. Downloading again. I removed root and triangle away. We'll see what it does this time.

Edit 4: Update barfed. Got to 30% and received update failed message.
    Going to try to ODIN to MA4 then try it. Probably need to root and triangle away again.

Custom Binary Download: 1 count
    Current Binary: Custom
    System State: Custom

EDIT 5: ODIN'd to MA4, triangle away to Official, removed root and triangle away, verified with Root Checker. Verified MA4 is system, radio, kernel.
    Tried system update, said Software was up to date. (LOVE IT !!)
    Set clock ahead 24 hours, now it says downloading software update. Since it did the connection to the DM server in the background real quick, I can't see status except it says it's downloading.
    If it barfs again I'll grab a logcat and see if anything is in there.

EDIT 6: Flaming piece of ****. Update failed at 30% for the 4.3 OTA. Interesting. So bootloader was MK6 and Knox is tripped and can't OTA from LJ2 or MA4. At least I can't. I'm pretty sure I had everything cherry except the bootloader and tripped Knox for it to succeed.
    Rooting and checking logs to see what I can see.
    My device was already ruined, and I now have a Note 3. So I am doing this to help you guys. :)
    I followed this exact procedure and it unbricked my phone, and restored it to 4.1.1.

Sort of.