F2FS (Flash-Friendly File System) is a flash file system developed by a team of Samsung Electronics for the Linux operating system kernel.
In this tutorial i will guide you through process of how to convert /data, /cache, /system to F2FS file system, using latest TWRP recovery.
Tested on my At&t Note 2. Should work for others as well.
You will need:
1. F2FS compatible ROM. Mine is: W03 Slim V20
2. F2FS compatible kernel. Mine is: AGNi pureCM v2.8.1_R3
3. Latest TWRP ( 184.108.40.206 and up). Mine is openrecovery-twrp-220.127.116.11-t0lteatt.zip
1. Install Rom.
2. Install Kernel.
3. Make sure you on latest TWRP
4. After having fully working ROM, go to recovery and do backup.
5. Start your phone and copy backup folder to the PC.
6. Open that folder and rename:
data.ext4.win rename -> data.f2fs.win
data.ext4.win.md5 rename -> data.f2fs.win.md5
cache.ext4.win rename -> cache.f2fs.win
cache.ext4.win.md5 rename -> cache.f2fs.win.md5
system.ext4.win rename -> system.f2fs.win
system.ext4.win.md5 rename -> system.f2fs.win.md5
! Note: Do not touch EFS, BOOT.EMMC, RECOVERY and MODEM
7. Now rename your folder. For example: "F2FS"
Should look like this:
8. Upload it back in to your phone TWRP backup folder
9. Reboot in to Recovery.
10. Select restore and your new back up name. For example "F2FS".
11. Select to restore DATA, CACHE, SYSTEM
12. Restore process should automatically convert your partitions to the F2FS file system.
13. Reboot System
14. All Done. Check you file system with this program: Diskinfo
Try it and report it back.
You can manually format partitions in latest TWRP ( You will find this option under Wipe -> Advanced Wipe, then select only one partition and then press the Repair or Change File System button), but that will wipe data and restoring will restore your old file system.
Please Note: * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards and other issues