Flashable zip to Change H+ to 4G and 4G to LTE

Search This thread

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
Can anyone provide a flashable zip? I know how to do it manual but I`d rather have a flashable zip It was once posted in a thread but I dont remember. for it to show 4G instead of H+ and LTE instead of 4G

gridlock489

Jul 17, 2012
Sacramento
This is easy to do, but the only way I know how to do it requires the SystemUI.apk to be replaced. This would remove any themes you have applied to the status bar. Theoretically you can use any icon you want to, but Touchwiz only has a few icons included (so you can make your own or switch to generic Android icons). If you are okay with these things, I can make a flashable zip file for you.

I dont mean to be rude but, whats the point?

You're in the wrong forum to make posts like that. XDA is for people trying to tweak their devices.

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
Its called theming I know how to do it and if someone posted it here than someone can get it. It has been asked a few times

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

UrbanLagoon

Dec 13, 2012
Yeah this would be pretty cool. If you look over in the thread by miscom for the international port. In the second post he uploaded a flashable zip for this to work.

A lot of bloatware removed.
Screen on time after normal charge: 7-8 hours always.

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
Just my .02 no point...

I totally understand the point for the OP's request - personally, we recently got LTE in the area I live in - it was big deal to me - seeing the 4G LTE show up in the status bar was always very satisfying for me - I had waited so long to get it - the other symbols, while meaning the same thing - just don't have the same sort of "panache".... it may sound silly to you - but I get it. Unfortunately, I personally would not want to lose theming just to have the 4G lte show up the way the OP requested - better to have it baked into what ever theme you are using or if you know how, to manually do it -

I really just wanted to respond to the lack of tolerance I saw in response to the op request - each of us has a right to appreciate whatever special little tweak might be possible on our phones and it really should not be discouraged - it is what XDA is all about. Every theme or ap or rom is not for everyone - each chooses what is most important to them - so if you don't happen to agree with what one person likes - so what? you wouldn't have to flash it would you?

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
I'm running clean ROM att I don't care for atts 4g icon so I used the stock is rather still see what I got now than att but would be better if it said lte

PuffinNugz

Aug 3, 2010
Indy
I understand wanting to see the LTE symbol. However, H+ is still technically 3G, so if you change that to 4G, you're just lying to yourself.

Reactions: twanskys204

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
Yea but the reason asked is cause the flash able zip I did have had it like that

royalh

Feb 25, 2006
Portland
Can anyone provide a flashable zip? I know how to do it manual but I`d rather have a flashable zip It was once posted in a thread but I dont remember. for it to show 4G instead of H+ and LTE instead of 4G

Try the Generic systemui.apk that tiffany provided in this thread below. She has the CR ATT and the CR generic one linked:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2053075

Sent from my Giant i317 Pocket Monster!

Last edited:

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
I think the generic is what I already have installed it shows h+ .. anyone have the Verizon ones?

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
Did that before about a week ago and it caused me an issue or NO notification bad so I had to move the original back. And plus on mobile for awhile not easy

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
Just tried it again loading the systemui from the Verizon file of clean ROM does nothing but NOT SHOW the top bar at all and FC. AND YES PERMISSIONS ARE CORRECT

kojobaafi

Mar 22, 2012
Just tried it again loading the systemui from the Verizon file of clean ROM does nothing but NOT SHOW the top bar at all and FC. AND YES PERMISSIONS ARE CORRECT

In the newest Clean Rom you can actually opt to have the Verizon version of the lte symbols in Aroma installer. I'm on Rogers and I'm using it myself with no problems.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just my .02 no point...

I totally understand the point for the OP's request - personally, we recently got LTE in the area I live in - it was big deal to me - seeing the 4G LTE show up in the status bar was always very satisfying for me - I had waited so long to get it - the other symbols, while meaning the same thing - just don't have the same sort of "panache".... it may sound silly to you - but I get it. Unfortunately, I personally would not want to lose theming just to have the 4G lte show up the way the OP requested - better to have it baked into what ever theme you are using or if you know how, to manually do it -

I really just wanted to respond to the lack of tolerance I saw in response to the op request - each of us has a right to appreciate whatever special little tweak might be possible on our phones and it really should not be discouraged - it is what XDA is all about. Every theme or ap or rom is not for everyone - each chooses what is most important to them - so if you don't happen to agree with what one person likes - so what? you wouldn't have to flash it would you?
    I understand wanting to see the LTE symbol. However, H+ is still technically 3G, so if you change that to 4G, you're just lying to yourself.