[ATT/TMO/SPR + more] [Aroma De-Bloater] v1.00 Updated 11.17.2012

Search This thread

hogrules

Nov 13, 2011
Am I missing something?

Forgive me if this sounds dumb but how do you load / flash this thru CWM

originallyly had a custom rom and recovery. I then installed root injected FACTORY Stock T889UVALJ1 Odin Flashable Image. I was able to reset the counter with the paid version of Triangle Away (free version would not do it). The counter says "NO" and device status says "Normal"

It took a few delete data/factory reset & delete cache partition and a few reboots but I got there. Now before I re-download my apps and games, I would like to remove some bloatware.

I downloaded the zip , put in on my sd card and booted into CWM ( Android system recovery <3e> )

There is no option to install zip from sd card. Options are as follows

reboot system now
apply update from ADB
apply update from external storage
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
apply update from partition

I tried update from external and got errors

E: failed to verify whole-file sigverificationignature vrificayion failed

I stopped there. Any Ideas? What am I doing wrong?

Oh and thanks for the stock rooted rom and stock CWM

technut

May 6, 2007
TAMPA,FL
Forgive me if this sounds dumb but how do you load / flash this thru CWM

originallyly had a custom rom and recovery. I then installed root injected FACTORY Stock T889UVALJ1 Odin Flashable Image. I was able to reset the counter with the paid version of Triangle Away (free version would not do it). The counter says "NO" and device status says "Normal"

It took a few delete data/factory reset & delete cache partition and a few reboots but I got there. Now before I re-download my apps and games, I would like to remove some bloatware.

I downloaded the zip , put in on my sd card and booted into CWM ( Android system recovery <3e> )

There is no option to install zip from sd card. Options are as follows

reboot system now
apply update from ADB
apply update from external storage
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
apply update from partition

I tried update from external and got errors

E: failed to verify whole-file sigverificationignature vrificayion failed

I stopped there. Any Ideas? What am I doing wrong?

Oh and thanks for the stock rooted rom and stock CWM

Your not using CWM at this point now.Stock recovery is back on your note.If you want to flash this you will need to re-flash CWM or TWRP.

aexp08

Jan 7, 2013
wont work

im rooted and downloaded goomanager. and i downloaded tthe debloater. but everytime i try to search for the .zip in goomanager it wont find anything :( please help

ae69ae

Dec 10, 2009
Miami, Fl
I need a Bloater Option

Hello, great app--removes all the junk very easily.

I'm having a few issues.
1) My Yahoo News Feed on the lock screen no longer works--so I would like to have that back lol. (I debloated the yahoo news app)
2) My Voicemail app is useless (I don't know what I uninstalled, I download an APK but I'm still unable to get voicemails)

Is there a way to just re-add all the junk back so I can make a few changes to my "debloater"

Thank you in advance.
I also wouldn't mind re-installing my stock room again I'm just looking for a quick way to fix this.

**I'm Using Google Voice until a solution is found :)

Last edited:

mrRobinson

Dec 20, 2010
Hello, great app--removes all the junk very easily.

I'm having a few issues.
1) My Yahoo News Feed on the lock screen no longer works--so I would like to have that back lol. (I debloated the yahoo news app)
2) My Voicemail app is useless (I don't know what I uninstalled, I download an APK but I'm still unable to get voicemails)

Is there a way to just re-add all the junk back so I can make a few changes to my "debloater"

Thank you in advance.
I also wouldn't mind re-installing my stock room again I'm just looking for a quick way to fix this.

**I'm Using Google Voice until a solution is found :)

Yea I didn't save the bloat, and sorry. Just reflash stock.

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
About to give this a go here. Can't you put apps you want in the PreloadInstaller.apk and it will add them on boot?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

TT_Vert

Sep 11, 2010
I hsve stock deodexed here. Which ones do you need?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

I need the accuweather widget which is on the main screen and also the calendar widget. I'm unsure what the calendar widget name as I didn't choose to delete anything that had calendar in the name w/ this zip.

Thanks much!

Dave

TT_Vert

Sep 11, 2010
I did find the 3 accuweather apks in the stock rom I downloaded and I put them in /system/apps. I then set pemissions and tried to run the apks but they wouldn't work. Did I do something wrong? Is there another way to get these back? Also, anyone know what the agenda widget is called so I can get that back also?

Thanks
Dave

Baenwort

Mar 31, 2008
Is there a list anywhere of which applications this removes? I'm not planning on using CWM or TWRP so I will have to do this manually with titanium backup but it would be handy to have a list that people have already used and not had any problems with.

Reactions: zen0s

gill_za

Oct 26, 2009
Selecting full de-bloat option removed some of the S-pen functionality: responsible for grabbing screencaptures of areas selected with the pen.
Anyone knows what application/service is responsible for that? I suspect the samsung services.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mrRobinson Note II De-Bloater
    This is a fancy little Aroma Installer you can flash in CWM or TWRP and choose all the bloatware you want to remove from your system.
    For any Galaxy Note II variant!

There are a few main selections.
    Minimal de-bloat will remove everything that is recommended to remove.
    Full de-bloat will remove everything that anyone would want to remove without breaking the system.
    Individual sections for carrier, ATT, Sprint, Tmobile, More will be added...
    Customize de-bloat lets you pick inter-matching between all the sections.

Most of you should choose "Custom". This will show you the lists with Recommended all being selected already and the deeper de-bloat apps being unselected. You can modify as you see fit.
    Please take note, you can "flash" this in CWM and it will do nothing until you make your selections and then tell it to. So you can safely flash it, go to custom and peruse around at all the apps it can remove. If you want to do nothing simply bring up the menu and quit the installer.

HOW TO USE:
    *Note, this will wipe cache and dalvik-cache for you so you don't have to.

1. Boot into recovery, from power off [hold vol.up + Home + power] until phone vibrates then release
    2. Select Custom to modify selections of what is removed
    3. click "de-bloat" button
    4. thats it

Aroma info
    *scrolling and/or touch can be off at times. No matter where you are volume keys can be used to scroll around, the back and menu keys function as expected and home or power buttons can be used to select.

Download: mrRobinson_Note_II_De_Bloater.v1.00.zip

Feedback: Please let me know if you would like more apps added to the minimal or full list. As long as they don't cause unnecessary FC's I'll add them.

Changelog in Post #2
    Any updates for 4.3? I really like using this debloater for every update for my families' phones.

Well now is the time to do it while I have all the 4.3 images apart. Check back over next few days.
    Is this tool updated to work with the apps that are included with 4.3? Your stock injected 4.3 rooted works perfectly.... except all the bloat and software. Thanks.

Not yet... Been busy. This weekend.
    Working on re-bloat option... restoring apps you removed. Might even be able to add "disable" option first so you can safely test what you want to remove.
    Hey Mr. Rob, any updates on the debloater?

Btw, I flashed your latest T-Mobile stock, rooted ROM using Odin after a bad flash of Jedi. Restoring a backup would not work in TWRP. It would just hang. That's why I went back and used Odin to flash your stock ROM. I was under the impression it would restore the phone back to stock, but rooted. My settings were still there, as well as my wallpaper, etc. Does your rooted, stock ROM not flash some parts so that people running a stock ROM don't lose their data and settings?

Just been busy still. Busy time of year. The root66 does not touch the data partition, that's why settings are still there.