found this thread and saw your activities getting t0lte ril to work.
I have the i9305 which is quite similar to t0lte and tried to get ril to work since the beginning of O. All I tried, which was similar or equal to your commits on github, didn't succeed. Maybe I did something wrong or mixed up things, but anyways after spending a lot of time I gave up. Since on week ago, where ripee pmed me I restarted activities. But still the same, no ril. Have you ever got a log from someone where you can seen the lines about mdm?
My best modem "result" in log was or is:
E kickstart-qcks: '/dev/mdm' was not found
I kickstart-qcks: EFSRAW1=/dev/block/modem/m9kefs1
I kickstart-qcks: EFSRAW2=/dev/block/modem/m9kefs2
I kickstart-qcks: EFSRAW3=/dev/block/modem/m9kefs3
I kickstart-qcks: Header1=efs1.mbn
I kickstart-qcks: Header1=efs2.mbn
I kickstart-qcks: Header1=efs3.mbn
I kickstart-qcks: Testing if port "/dev/mdm" exists
E kickstart-qcks: Couldn't find "/dev/mdm", 1 of 10
Previously some months ago, I also checked the device folders and after a couple of tries I got mdm copied to the dev folder but still: no ril, no simcard is detected.
In shamu source I found similar entries for m9k modem
, but implementing some rootdir lines didn't helped. Also with that effort, maybe I did something wrong or mixed up things. I am no developer, I cannot code.
Anyways and long story short: In my opinion it is kernel related (not only defconfig), and/or bloobs related (ks, qcks, qmuxd, maybe more) and they need a hexedit.
This are just my experiences with i9305 and maybe this helps you to get (our) modem to work. If you have an idea or can modify the kernel as well as bloobs, I am willing to assist anytime. I can include the changes in my sources, my local folders or on github and build a rom for i9305 to see whether it changed something or solved problems.