[REQ] Mod for NFC enabled at lock screen.

Search This thread

yocasta

Jan 20, 2009
I tried installing the deodex LIH S3 Screen off NFC mod and it does NOT work on the Deodex PALJC Note 2 rom. on start up NFC has stopped working and it keeps doing that over and over (had to hit ok to that 3 times in the process of rebooting into recovery to restore my backup)

this is a KILLER important feature for me anyone have a PALJC deodex compatible screen off NFC mod ?

Did you set right the permissions, once you copy the apk to system/app the permissions must be rw-r-r.

Tapatalkteando desde mi móvil.

nerys71

May 13, 2008
yep. total borks NFC. I was using the ZIP so no need to change permissions (I did verify them)

NFC constantly crashes (seems the OS constantly tries to restart it)

works perfectly on both my LJ7 Deodex S3s

Interesting that there is a pretty big SIZE difference between the two files !! the modded S3 NFC file is 500k while the stock Note II NFC file is 339k

Last edited:

nerys71

May 13, 2008
Specifically which file do you use? there is a lot of them. (ie attach here please) I am not using omega I am using stock LJC deodex (could be the difference ??)

floyd0815

@nerys71

They all should work since they all are the same -> VersionCode=16 since ICS I think.
But I have made them for the NoteII (Wanam 1.5 - LJA) because maybe Sammy doesn't like version codes and change stuff without counting up... ;)

PS: Your attached Nfc.apk is also VersionCode=16.

NOTE: I only tested my lockscreen-version -> works.

Attachments

• NFC-Lockscreen-Odexed+Deodexed.zip
    457.7 KB · Views: 70
  • NFC-ScreenOFF-Odexed+Deodexed.zip
    457.7 KB · Views: 66
  • NFC-Stock-Odexed+Deodexed.zip
    463.1 KB · Views: 45

Delano.888

Nov 29, 2009
Arnhem
They all should work since they all are the same -> VersionCode=16 since ICS I think.
But I have made them for the NoteII (Wanam 1.5 - LJA) because maybe Sammy doesn't like version codes and change stuff without counting up... ;)

But this doesn't work with stock rom right?

gabster21

Sep 7, 2010
Dubai
I'm willing to try any of these mods on stock LJ3, how do I make a backup and restore/undo the changes in case anything goes wrong?

Someone suggested making a backup of the system partition.. does this mean backing up the entire /system folder and restoring it if needed?

gabster21

Sep 7, 2010
Dubai
I'm willing to try any of these mods on stock LJ3, how do I make a backup and restore/undo the changes in case anything goes wrong?

Someone suggested making a backup of the system partition.. does this mean backing up the entire /system folder and restoring it if needed?
Can I just extract the modified NFC.apk file from the zip and copy it to the /system/app folder (backed up the original)? What is the META-INF folder in the zip file.. can anyone explain?

Edit: Also made a backup of the NFC Service with TB, if I restore this will it overwrite the modified NFC?

Last edited:

nerys71

May 13, 2008

Hey Thanks this works on the Note II

BUT it does not work screen off ??? it works from the lock screen (I installed the screen off one) but not screen off.

did you maybe goof the file and both are lock screen mod ??

nerys71

May 13, 2008
what about a screen off for sprint note II I got the one from a couple posts ago and it works but only from the lock screen (yes I got the file for screen off)

yocasta

Jan 20, 2009
I think that this mod not work with the new base DLK7

Can anyone make new mod??

You can try asking any dev in s3 forum who can tweak our apk. I tried with no results. Good luck and remember to share if they pay attention to you. :thumbup:

Tapatalkteando desde mi móvil.

Top Liked Posts