FORUMS

(Error) RPMB: INVALID RPMB DATA in download mode, bootloop

25 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By ginga133, Junior Member on 30th January 2017, 06:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
After upgrading my bootloader, I have been experiencing a bootloop, with the following messages in download mode:
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: GT-N7100
CURRENT BINARY: Custom
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 1
AP SWREV: A2
RPMB: INVALID RPMB DATA

I have tried installing the latest firmware + pit which flashes with no errors in odin, but does not fix the problem. I've tried downgrading the firmware to stock 4.1.1, but fails in odin. I have a chinese motherboard, and the phone was working well prior to upgrading the bootloader, with stock 4.4.2. Does anyone know of a fix to this ?
3rd February 2017, 05:33 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginga133

After upgrading my bootloader, I have been experiencing a bootloop, with the following messages in download mode:
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: GT-N7100
CURRENT BINARY: Custom
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 1
AP SWREV: A2
RPMB: INVALID RPMB DATA

I have tried installing the latest firmware + pit which flashes with no errors in odin, but does not fix the problem. I've tried downgrading the firmware to stock 4.1.1, but fails in odin. I have a chinese motherboard, and the phone was working well prior to upgrading the bootloader, with stock 4.4.2. Does anyone know of a fix to this ?

maybe your problem cannot be solved this way
there is a similar issue in gsmhosting
but unfortunately it is hardware discussion
i hope you can get help in xda
Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to xcorona For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xcorona Ad-Free
3rd February 2017, 05:39 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcorona

maybe your problem cannot be solved this way
there is a similar issue in gsmhosting
but unfortunately it is hardware discussion
i hope you can get help in xda
Regards

I have come to the same conclusion, but thought maybe someone would have a work around without having to jtag or something. Thanks for the input though.
3rd February 2017, 06:44 PM |#4  

More
maybe trying to downgrade your phone boot-loader it is not safe
so you can brick your phone totally by this step ( especially with this Chinese product )
I advise you to read much about bootloader downgrading issues
Best Luck

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

@ginga133
BTW, did you try ( nand erase ) option in ODIN?? maybe it is dangerous
SINCE you have nothing (data or other....) to loose , could you try this?
but it should be done (ticked ) within installing the right firmware ( the stock one ) for your device
as for me (original main board ) I used 3 times in my phone, 2 of them it get stuck at Samsung Logo
then I powered Off the phone , and went into recovery ( I hope you can ) delete cash & data.... and reboot
then it every thing ran OK
I hope it will be OK for your Phone too
Regards
3rd February 2017, 08:29 PM |#5  

More
@ginga133
before you make (nand erase all) please check these:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2402823
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...7-gs3-t1747066
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2610757
here i assume that you can get downloading mode
at last kindly report your results
Best Regards
4th February 2017, 06:42 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

maybe trying to downgrade your phone boot-loader it is not safe
so you can brick your phone totally by this step ( especially with this Chinese product )
I advise you to read much about bootloader downgrading issues
Best Luck

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

@ginga133
BTW, did you try ( nand erase ) option in ODIN?? maybe it is dangerous
SINCE you have nothing (data or other....) to loose , could you try this?
but it should be done (ticked ) within installing the right firmware ( the stock one ) for your device
as for me (original main board ) I used 3 times in my phone, 2 of them it get stuck at Samsung Logo
then I powered Off the phone , and went into recovery ( I hope you can ) delete cash & data.... and reboot
then it every thing ran OK
I hope it will be OK for your Phone too
Regards

I have tried the NAND erase all option with Re-partition ticked, after selecting a pit file with firmware, the phone flashes with no problems in Odin, but still experiencing the same problem (bootloop). I am not too sure what is causing the RPMB error. Thanks again.
4th February 2017, 08:17 PM |#7  

More
Quote:

I have tried the NAND erase all option with Re-partition ticked, after selecting a pit file with firmware, the phone flashes with no problems in Odin, but still experiencing the same problem (bootloop). I am not too sure what is causing the RPMB error. Thanks again.

you are brave guy to do (nand erase all)
but your phone does not facing bootloop - he stuck on Samsung logo ( or black screen)
anyway did you try to pull the battery out and put it again and try recovery, at last it solved my (nand erase) problem
please keep in your mind some of these Chinese boards are not stable and nor modding friendly
so you should look for the firmware that came with this board ( ask the seller / manufacturer ), then you can install via odin
in this case (nand erase all ) as i think ( cannot confirm) you can get ride of this inappropriate bootloader
at last i don't want to be sticky, so this will be my last reply Unless you requested the assistance
Best Regards & Good luck
5th February 2017, 04:50 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

you are brave guy to do (nand erase all)
but your phone does not facing bootloop - he stuck on Samsung logo ( or black screen)
anyway did you try to pull the battery out and put it again and try recovery, at last it solved my (nand erase) problem
please keep in your mind some of these Chinese boards are not stable and nor modding friendly
so you should look for the firmware that came with this board ( ask the seller / manufacturer ), then you can install via odin
in this case (nand erase all ) as i think ( cannot confirm) you can get ride of this inappropriate bootloader
at last i don't want to be sticky, so this will be my last reply Unless you requested the assistance
Best Regards & Good luck

By selecting Nand erase all option, you can downgrade the bootloader ? I have tried flashing the firmware that came with the motherboard, but I have not tried to select the Nand erase all option when trying to downgrade firmware. I'll give it a go and will report back.
5th February 2017, 05:46 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
I have tried to flash the appropriate files for the the original firmware that came with the board, but I am receiving an error in download mode: SW REV. Invalid magic string. In odin, i receive the NAND write fail error, so I assume it isn't possible to downgrade the bootloader with having the Nand erase all option checked.
The Following User Says Thank You to ginga133 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ginga133 Ad-Free
5th February 2017, 08:57 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

I have tried to flash the appropriate files for the the original firmware that came with the board, but I am receiving an error in download mode: SW REV. Invalid magic string. In odin, i receive the NAND write fail error, so I assume it isn't possible to downgrade the bootloader with having the Nand erase all option checked.

First off all ; thanks for reporting results ( although it is not assured )
I think it (your phone issue) moves to JTAG repair
But As I told you I cannot confirm ( nand erase all ) can \ nor cannot downgrade boot-loader
especially with this Chinese main board

some people claimed that KK boat-loader (with Knox trigger on) can be down-gradable to JB
BTW did you try heimdall , i don't advise you to enter into this (USB ports maze ) unless you have much free time
and I think your efs including emie had been destroyed from long time since you get (INVALID RPMB DATA )
so if you have a backup of your EFS there will be little hope via PC , and you must be able to log into recovery in order to Depleted all the possibilities
otherwise (i think ) you need flash box (JTAG, or other)
Regards
6th February 2017, 03:00 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

First off all ; thanks for reporting results ( although it is not assured )
I think it (your phone issue) moves to JTAG repair
But As I told you I cannot confirm ( nand erase all ) can \ nor cannot downgrade boot-loader
especially with this Chinese main board

some people claimed that KK boat-loader (with Knox trigger on) can be down-gradable to JB
BTW did you try heimdall , i don't advise you to enter into this (USB ports maze ) unless you have much free time
and I think your efs including emie had been destroyed from long time since you get (INVALID RPMB DATA )
so if you have a backup of your EFS there will be little hope via PC , and you must be able to log into recovery in order to Depleted all the possibilities
otherwise (i think ) you need flash box (JTAG, or other)
Regards

Thanks for the info.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)