Note 2 stuck on logo after flashing nougat rom... please help

Search This thread

Abbas bhai

Dec 21, 2014
Hi guys i have a problem with my note gt n7100 that it had stuck on boot logo after flashing nougat rom...
I tried many roms like REMIX and COSMIC OS...ROMS all Roms stuck on boot logo....:confused: any body can guide me.....

With the solution it will be much appricated .... thanks in advance for any help .... plz guys... help me out ...:crying:....
I want to install the nougat rom on my device:(

dssheeley1

Oct 7, 2009
Rock Hill,NY
Hi guys i have a problem with my note gt n7100 that it had stuck on boot logo after flashing nougat rom...
I tried many roms like REMIX and COSMIC OS...ROMS all Roms stuck on boot logo....:confused: any body can guide me.....

With the solution it will be much appricated .... thanks in advance for any help .... plz guys... help me out ...:crying:....
I want to install the nougat rom on my device:(

check your kernel or try another one to see if it boots fully.

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
What recovery is on the phone? Phone is running the latest bootloader and modem? Are you wiping the system before installing the ROM?

Abbas bhai

Dec 21, 2014
What recovery is on the phone? Phone is running the latest bootloader and modem? Are you wiping the system before installing the ROM?

First thanks brother for ur rply...:eek:
Im using twrp 3.0.2.0 recovery...
Im not sure about the bootloder or modem...:confused:...
And yes im wiping the system before installing the Rom..:)

Abbas bhai

Dec 21, 2014
Tried other nougat roms?

Yea tried other Roms of nougat but no luck...:(
Im stuck in tw based roms as 6.0.1 and 7.1 aosp are not booting in my phone..:crying:
Please can u help me with the procedure to get the roms to work on my device:p im currently using eclipse v9 rom... my baseband is N7100XXUNFL1..
and currently on twrp...recovery 3.0.2.0..:confused:
Plz... help me out... bro....:confused: and thanks in advance... :rolleyes:

MigoMujahid

Aug 31, 2015
New York
how much time does it get stucked in boot logo?
most nogut roms don't show the "Optimizing Apps" dialogue, so they take more time showing only boot animation.
also there is another thing, do you try to flash superSU after flashing the rom?, SuperSU works only on a permissive kernel, and the nogut rom you are trying to flash might have an Enforcing kernel, that's why you get bootlooped.

Abbas bhai

Dec 21, 2014
Assalam brother... jazakallah for ur reply☺ brother after flashing nougat rom my phone stucks for more than half an hour and it gets heated.. and im not flashing any super su zip i followed all the instuctions but dont know what is causing my phone to does not boot up properly...? i also installed previous marshmellow roms all these r showing same problem..? im got stucked on TW based roms ... can u help me out with this problem .. brother...?... thanks in advance...

MigoMujahid

Aug 31, 2015
New York
Assalam brother... jazakallah for ur reply☺ brother after flashing nougat rom my phone stucks for more than half an hour and it gets heated.. and im not flashing any super su zip i followed all the instuctions but dont know what is causing my phone to does not boot up properly...? i also installed previous marshmellow roms all these r showing same problem..? im got stucked on TW based roms ... can u help me out with this problem .. brother...?... thanks in advance...
wa alaykom elsalam brother
ok lets start with basic questions, do you wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik cache, and preload) before flashing the nogut rom?
all above mentioned must be wiped first.

MigoMujahid

Aug 31, 2015
New York
Yes brother i wipe all the above partitons u listed before installing the rom...:good:
something is wrong indeed, what is the file system of the system partition and data partition?
is it ext4 or f2fs?
you can find that in the advanced wipe menu in TWRP, there is an option at the bottom says "repair or change partition" or something like that..

Abbas bhai

Dec 21, 2014
something is wrong indeed, what is the file system of the system partition and data partition?
is it ext4 or f2fs?
you can find that in the advanced wipe menu in TWRP, there is an option at the bottom says "repair or change partition" or something like that..

Assalam brother...:eek: Yea as u said .. I checked my file system in recovery it shows.. "ext4" for both data.. and system.. partitons.. now what i have to do brother...:)

MigoMujahid

Aug 31, 2015
New York
Assalam brother...:eek: Yea as u said .. I checked my file system in recovery it shows.. "ext4" for both data.. and system.. partitons.. now what i have to do brother...:)
OK, one last try, download the MOST LATEST stock rom from SamMobile and flash it, maybe the problem is that you have an old bootloader.
download the stock rom and flash it on your phone using Odin, then after that try flashing twrp again with Odin and flash any nogut rom with it.

Abbas bhai

Dec 21, 2014
OK, one last try, download the MOST LATEST stock rom from SamMobile and flash it, maybe the problem is that you have an old bootloader.
download the stock rom and flash it on your phone using Odin, then after that try flashing twrp again with Odin and flash any nogut rom with it.

Ok brother.. :good: thats fine but...:confused: which is the latest stock rom and of which country i should flash... can u tell me.. because im previously had flashed N7100XXUNFLI stock rom for india..

MigoMujahid

Aug 31, 2015
New York
Ok brother.. :good: thats fine but...:confused: which is the latest stock rom and of which country i should flash... can u tell me.. because im previously had flashed N7100XXUNFLI stock rom for india..
this one is too old bro, it's from 2014, the latest released firmware (2017) is in Taiwan which is this one:
https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/126555/N7100ZSSFQA2_N7100OZSFQA2_BRI/
if you are rooted, i suggest you backup your efs partition first using the tool I'm attaching...just in case.
after that flash the rom and see if you carrier will work, if it didn't then probably you will need the modem from the Indian firmware.

Reactions: Abbas bhai

Abbas bhai

Dec 21, 2014
this one is too old bro, it's from 2014, the latest released firmware (2017) is in Taiwan which is this one:
https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/126555/N7100ZSSFQA2_N7100OZSFQA2_BRI/
if you are rooted, i suggest you backup your efs partition first using the tool I'm attaching...just in case.
after that flash the rom and see if you carrier will work, if it didn't then probably you will need the modem from the Indian firmware.

Ok thanks ... bro..:highfive: i will report the result as soon as possible after flashing the rom..:) once again thanks.. for ur help..:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is no need to reflash with a pit file if the phone is working properly. To flash a custom ROM, use Odin to flash the tar version of TWRP. From there, you can flash any custom ROM that supports the phone and TWRP.
    No problem..bro..:good: all thanks to u .. bro i have scucessfully.. downloaded the rom..:highfive: iam goin to flash the rom using mobile odin .. is it ok or should try pc odin ... :confused: can u suggest me which nougat rom i have to flash after flashing stock rom...:) remix rom or.. cosmic rom whch is gud to go... u tell me..:good:
    i prefer PC Odin, it's much safer in such cases, plus mobile Odin can't flash all the files in the software package such as pit, anyway I didn't use cosmic OS before as it's not available for my phone, but i had a good experience with Resurrection Remix.
    Thanks bro.. For ur suggestion..:) but i flashed the stockrom using mobile odin in a hurry..:D and it booted sucessfully.. My network are also working properly..:victory: as u told it cant flash PIT file is there any problem i get afterwards.. Or i had to reflash the rom.. Using pc odin.. What do u say.. Bro.. :rolleyes: if its ok .. Then i go-ahead to flash custom rom... Waiting for ur reply.. Bro..:angel:
    as @audit13 said, it's OK, go ahead and try flashing custom rom :eek: :good:
    as@audit13 said, it's OK, go ahead and try flashing custom rom :eek: :good:

As u said bro i will try and update the result bro..:laugh: As soon as possible..:highfive: and sorry for late reply..

Assalam alikum Yes bro ...:victory: its done the nougat ROM is on my phone ..:eek: thanks for giving ur precious time to guide me to flash the ROM ..jazakallah for all ur help.. Bro..:p