[ROM][7.1.2 r24] LineageOS for N7100 [Unofficial]

Search This thread

ntvampire

Dec 6, 2008
OK I really like this ROM but.....
Every time my screen goes off because I havnt touched it longer than the screen out time and then I press the home button to turn it on again, the foreground app minimises and the home opens.
Aa VERY VERY VERY ANNOYING
Why don't you use "caffeine" tile to this? To temporary change offscreen time

Last edited:
Reactions: reis1996
Re: Battery Drain.

A month or so back, I read on the Google product forums that there was an issue in 7.0 which caused Android System/AndroidOS to drain battery excessively. This was supposed to be fixed in the 7.1.1 update but some users are still experiencing this problem. Changing "keep wifi on during sleep" setting from always to never and/or resetting app preferences under battery optimisation seems to have resolved the issue for many users. Those experiencing excessive battery drain, specifically concerning AndroidOS/Android System, can give these a try and see if it works for you. Personally, I've never experienced any excessive battery drain with this ROM and I've been using it as daily driver since early December.

cristobalite1983

Jan 3, 2016
Samsung Galaxy A50
i dont know how to read this
You see the little icons on the top right corner, click on them to see other settings that you can use to access the functions of wakelock detector (screen wakelock, kernel partial wakelock, etc). This wil show you the apps and wakelocks running in the background especially when screen is off.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

ashokram343

May 29, 2013
You see the little icons on the top right corner, click on them to see other settings that you can use to access the functions of wakelock detector (screen wakelock, kernel partial wakelock, etc). This wil show you the apps and wakelocks running in the background especially when screen is off.

hey I have used wake lock detector I will post the screen shots by night go through it once

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

AICP kernel doesn't help for fixing the power drain issue
so we are using aicp kernel in this ROM....?

fishysmell

Aug 25, 2016
No, I just wanted to mention that installing AICP on top of 20170130 LinageOS image doesn't improve the power draining problem.

ashokram343

May 29, 2013
aicp was a different ROM so are we using it in this ROM I mean any combination of that rom

Alekbrt

Aug 10, 2016
My battery drain seems to have spiked considerably in the last few days.

Im testing lineageos which is around 22% to see what exactly is going on. L speed optimizations dont work so dont waste your time on that.

Im interested to hear whats up with wakelock somebody posted and I will also check on wifi settings performance after changing it to never.

Reactions: ashokram343

reis1996

Re: Battery Drain.

A month or so back, I read on the Google product forums that there was an issue in 7.0 which caused Android System/AndroidOS to drain battery excessively. This was supposed to be fixed in the 7.1.1 update but some users are still experiencing this problem. Changing "keep wifi on during sleep" setting from always to never and/or resetting app preferences under battery optimisation seems to have resolved the issue for many users. Those experiencing excessive battery drain, specifically concerning AndroidOS/Android System, can give these a try and see if it works for you. Personally, I've never experienced any excessive battery drain with this ROM and I've been using it as daily driver since early December.
WiFi still scans on roaming when wifi is off doesn't seem to get disabled. I still get WiFi network names not available in the area when I switch on my WiFi. Ones that I have never seen before

cristobalite1983

Jan 3, 2016
Samsung Galaxy A50
I agree that this particular build does drain. I have even changed the CPU voltage to min of 200 and maximum of 1200 and no changes @ all. Screen on time is max @ 2.30mins. To me, that's pretty low.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Oh, there's a new app that freezes everything from system app to installed apps. Its called Airfrozen. Works even better than greenify. It immediately freezes the app that was recently closed amongst other features. Check it out on playstore.

Last edited:

ashokram343

May 29, 2013
I agree that this particular build does drain. I have even changed the CPU voltage to min of 200 and maximum of 1200 and no changes @ all. Screen on time is max @ 2.30mins. To me, that's pretty low.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Oh, there's a new app that freezes everything from system app to installed apps. Its called Airfrozen. Works even better than greenify. It immediately freezes the app that was recently closed amongst other features. Check it out on playstore.

yes @cristobalite1983 it's true screen on time was two and half hours that's bad am using this as daily driver I need to carry power bank everytime with me that's bad.....[emoji30] [emoji31]

reis1996

Won't this cause more battery drain as greenify just kills the app but this keeps apps frozen and then unfeezes them? Just asking don't really know

cristobalite1983

Jan 3, 2016
Samsung Galaxy A50
yes @cristobalite1983 it's true screen on time was two and half hours that's bad am using this as daily driver I need to carry power bank everytime with me that's bad.....[emoji30] [emoji31]

Well, let's hope @Tilak brings out a new build with no more battery drain issues. My screen is very hot now while typing this so have to make it quick[emoji31] however, I am reluctant to downgrade to a previous build that had smartassV2 as that build is not as smooth and stable as this one. Its just pains m that it will not be added to the list of governors anymore.

Reactions: ashokram343

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS for N7100

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is not an official version of the LineageOS ROM for the Note II, I have been maintaining the Note II device sources for quite some time under Paranoid Android when they were supporting Legacy devices. Since PA is no longer supporting legacy devices i decided to base my ROM on CM sources from CM 13.0 (MM 6.0) onward.

Now I present to you the LineageOS ROM based on Android 7.1(Nougat) for the Note II / N7100. This project is still in early stages of development, but I can say that this ROM boots and works and can be used as a Daily driver. Some might not agree but i will leave it to you individuals to make your decision on how you want to use this ROM.

I will do my best to keep the ROM updated most of the time, but at times there might be some delays and that will be primarily because I am busy with my official work that i do for my living and or mostly spending time with my family.

Now lets get to see what works and what does not work. This list is subjected to change in the course of time and i will try to keep it updated.

Working:
    - Audio
    - OpenGL (CPU rendering)
    - MALI blobs (GPU rendering)
    - HWComposer and MALI R3P0 drivers
    - Brightness Settings
    - Ambient Display
    - Rotation
    - Camera
    - WiFi
    - Bluetooth
    - NFC (Android Beam)
    - Sensors (that are working)
    - Acceleration Sensor​
    - Light Sensor​
    - Proximity Sensor​
    - Gyroscope Sensor​
    - Pressure Sensor​
    - Sound Sensor​
    - Vibration
    - Volume keys
    - Home Button wake
    - RIL
    - GPS - working very well now
    - Signal Icon
    - Soft Keyboard
    - Pin lock
    - External SD Card
    - Torch
    - Video recording
    - Video Playback (Gallery and other 3rd party apps)
    - Youtube App, Youtube mobile from chrome dev browser only works
    - Status Bar Battery customization (working partially)
    - PIE
    - Accidental Touch
    - Pocket Detection

Not working
    You tell me if there is any thing that is not working

DO NOT POST BUG REPORTS WITHOUT LOGCAT OR STEPS TO REPRODUCE THE BUG

ROM Download Link
    ROM: [url]http://tilak.sergix44.ovh/n7100/[/URL]
    ROM: [url]https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=119410[/URL]

Gapps Download Link
    Gapps: [url]http://opengapps.org/[/URL]

Changelogs
    View LineageOS Gerrit Page: [url]https://review.lineageos.org/[/URL]

NEW INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

- Download the latest build
    - Download Gapps
    - Take a nandroid backup
    - Recommended - Full wipe and factory reset
    - Flash ROM using latest TWRP 3.x Recovery
    - Flash Gapps
    - Reboot.
    - Enjoy!

UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS

- Download the latest build
    - Take a nandroid backup
    - Flash ROM using TWRP 3.x recovery
    - Flash Gapps
    - Wipe cache
    - Wipe dalvik cache
    - Reboot
    - Enjoy!

Note II G+ Community: [url]https://plus.google.com/communities/112507607742650442080[/URL]
    Device Tree: [url]https://github.com/tilaksidduram/android_device_samsung_n7100[/URL]
    Kernel Sources: [url]https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412[/URL]

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][7.1.1] LineageOS for N7100 [Unofficial], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    tilaksidduram
    Source Code: [url]https://github.com/lineageos[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-10-25
    Last Updated 2016-10-25
    I think being official brings your ROM to the spotlight which brings more developers trying to help fix the remaining issues. It also helps the developer by providing re-based nightly builds from LineageOS server donors (He doesn't need to re-build everything by himself every time upstream LineageOS commits new changes).

Also, It's easier for users to grab ROMs from the official LineageOS Downloads section rather than a random thread on XDA-Developers, which increases the user base of the ROM (more testers, more developers ... etc) and increases the authenticity of the source (verified signature et al).
    This ROM will be made official, I cannot give an ETA yet. I have other priorities to finish up first and when I get some free time I throw up an update. Lately have been busy with both personal and professional work.

Agree with your statement of making the ROM official. This ROM is already working great with little issue still seen here and there. Samsung left us 4 years back and we are still able to work with great dev we have in our community to keep this ROM alive. Hold on for a few more days u will all seeing this ROM being official.
    Friends, it's going to take some time to get Android O / Lineage 15 on our Note 2. I have already started to work on it and pretty much have my device tree updated but there is still more work to do. The main thing that is not working is the kernel and it needs to be upgraded. The version that we are currently using is 3.0.101. Starting from Android O the minimum supported kernel version is 3.8. Galaxy S3 maintainer Simon Shield is already trying to Port kernel 3.8 to our exynos devices, but it needs lot of work to get it to work. Will keep you all updated on the progress as we go on trying to get this device to rum Android Oreo.

Will release a new Lineage 14.1 update some time this week with the September security update.
    New update has been released.

Changelogs for 1/30/2017

* Updated to latest Lineage sources
    * Baked in SU back into the ROM. This is done due to popular demand. Ran a poll and it resulted in asking to bake SU into the ROM. This is also temporary, once the SU add-on scripts are ready in the sources then I will remove SU from the ROM and user will need to flash the SU add-on zip to get root access.
    * Updated location tile with advance settings.
    * GPS is till not working. Still figuring out the cause of the failure.
    * System stability fixes and many more fixes to various app.
    * Added new and updated recorder app that can record both audio and screen captures.
    Folks I have been quite busy with my primary work at office and have been travelling over the weekend. I have not had time to update the source that regularly and role out an update. I might get some time in the next two days so look forward for an update.

At the same time my build box had a bad hard disk and my server failed to boot as I was running on a Raid 0. I had to replace the hard disk and had to reimage the OS and start fresh which I have already started the progress.