FORUMS

[21.09.20] N986B I N985F/DS I Dr.Ketan ROM

33,787 posts
Thanks Meter: 68,494

By dr.ketan, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 27th August 2020, 01:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
N986B Dr.Ketan ROM DeKnoxed

ROM Features Q

ROM Features varies with version of ROM. For more details, read changelog post. Link available in post #3 for changelog of all versions.
Must read changelog for a version you are going to install, it will have latest information about features, changes, known bug list/fix and Installation guide of respective version.

Credit and Thanks :
@Chainfire - Respected elite developer for supersu and his unbelievable contribution to XDA/Android community. @wanam - Respected elite developer for his awesome contribution and references to his works.
@topjohnwu for Magisk
@xperiacle the amazing developer for reference to his work and tools. @amarullz for aroma installer. @gharrington for 3minit battery and QuickLaunch.
ROM Control source and all credit and thanks goes to @daxgirl and @Wuby986 for their open source project for RomControl.
@AbrahamGC for some ideas samsungvn htcmania & 4PDA for tips and some stock apks. @geiti94 for TWRP @Arteush for bluetooth fix (losing BT pair on reboot) on Android Q @Winb33 for custom font pack

XDA:DevDB Information
N986B I Dr.Ketan ROM , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

Contributors
dr.ketan, Dr.Ketan
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stock Samsung

Version Information

Created 2020-08-27
Last Updated 2020-09-21
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to dr.ketan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2020, 01:22 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Gujarat

Donate to Me
More
Installation and Download

Important :

- This will void warranty.
- As of now you will lose Samsung Pay and Samsung Pass forever if you root once, even unrooting won't help. (hope in future we can get it working on tripped knox device)
- OTA won't work once you root device.

Installation :

Read ChangeLog post for Installation instructions (link on post #3)

PS : Who can handle consequences of dirty flashing, they never need to ask this question in forum. If you dirty install then handle it yourself .

Download : https://drketanrom.com/

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dr.ketan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2020, 01:22 PM |#3  
Flag Gujarat

Donate to Me
More
ChangeLog

- Q01 - 27.08.2020 - Initial release
- Q02 - Only Test release
- Q03 - 11.09.2020
- Q04 - 21.09.2020

Quote:

How to report bugs/Issue?
To report issue, you needs to provide following informations, else it will be ignored. Also if your query is already mentioned on OP/ChangeLogg post, it will be ignored.
1.ROM build number.
2.Dirty/Clean Install. - If you have dirty installed, Then first clean install and report if issue persists.
3.Bug/Issue appears right after installing or later?
4.How to reproduce error.
5.Is there any same reports there on thread on your searching?
6.Is there any mention about same bug on OP or changeLog post?
7.Logs - Attach logs here/Upload to other places where it can be downloaded without registration and doesn't have ad (we recommend dropbox/Gdrive) and post link.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dr.ketan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2020, 01:23 PM |#4  
Flag Gujarat

Donate to Me
More
Bootloader & Modem..
27th August 2020, 01:23 PM |#5  
Flag Gujarat

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
27th August 2020, 01:27 PM |#6  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 141

Donate to Me
More
Wow! That was fast! Nice work!!
27th August 2020, 01:31 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Hey Ketan !!! I received my note 20 3 days ago but i didn't open it until you release your ROM. I will try it tonight. Thanks very much for your work !!!!
27th August 2020, 01:35 PM |#8  
Flag Gujarat

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talderon

Wow! That was fast! Nice work!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayou94

Hey Ketan !!! I received my note 20 3 days ago but i didn't open it until you release your ROM. I will try it tonight. Thanks very much for your work !!!!

Thnk you guys for love & support you always shower!
Let me complete instructions and my website for download link.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr.ketan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2020, 01:38 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
When a new version of the Rom comes out, can you just flash it over the old one?
27th August 2020, 01:41 PM |#10  
Flag Gujarat

Donate to Me
More
ChangeLog Q01 For N986B

- Based on N986BXXU1ATH3 1Aug security patch
ROM features are same as mention on Post #1

Some Important things to note -
  • This ROM is tested only on N986B If any N985 users want to test, can try on your own risk. Report outcome and I may try to fix.
  • TWRP is Included in ROM itself. Credit & Thanks to Geiti for TWRP
  • This is first version and needs to flash using Odin, subsequent version may have different scenario. Read Installation guide below for details
  • This is first release, There may be more fix/features there in subsequest releases.

Recommended Installation Steps

Requirement :
- Rooted N986B based on Aug security patch
- It is must to have root using Full AP Magisk + Patched kernel shown on this thread. If you have rooted with only patched kernel then you must first root with full AP magisk patch file + Patched kernel as shown on linked thread.
- Odin 3.14.4 or above

Installation :

- Backup your data, this procedure will erase all data including Int storage.
- Download N986B_DrKetan_ROM_Q0*.zip and extract to PC
- Boot device to download mode (Switch Off device - Keep holding Vol Up + Down & connect to PC with USB)
- Open Odin - Disable Auto Reboot in Option
- Click AP tab and navigate to file you have downloaded & extracted N986B_DrKetan_ROM_Q0*.tar.md5
- Click Start and when it completes, disconnect mobile and keep holding Vol down+Side Key for 7 sec, as soon as device screen goes off, use combo key to reboot to recovery
- Now you will have TWRP - Select Wipe - click FORMAT DATA - You need to type "yes" to continue
- When finish, Reboot to system

ROM specific Instructions.
  • Once device boot to android, straightway do following things before setting up device further
  • Check Magisk Manager is installed. If there, Open it and complete environment setup (Device must be connected to internet) - Reboot. In case Magisk Manager not installed, get latest stable from magisk gut hub and install manually and follow as said.
  • Open Magisk, settings - enable magisk hide. Also recommended to turn of supersu notification while setting up.
  • Open ROM Tool - It will ask to Apply Essential Fix, Complete it and Reboot.
Now you can set up your device as per your desire. Enjoy!

Tips, Add On & Fix

- Stuck while flashing something (Bootloop), How can I reboot to download
There is a golden rule that always works when you stuck anywhere (bootloop). Follow this -
1.Plugin device to PC
2.Keep holding power + vol down
3.As soon as screen goes blank, keep holding vol up + vol down (here you needs to be quick)
And you are in download mode.

- EdXposed You can directly install from Magisk download repositories

- Unable to login to samsung ac : I have observed recently in one condition, restoring a backup that includes samsung acc. I have encountered this once and fixed by installing Samsung Members and logged in with that. By using this app, it showing "your session is expired login again" after this it was worked. Another possibility is, few users have reported some version of custom kernel was causing issue with samsung acc.

- Read ROM Tool - Update & Fix if any new available.

Download and other instructions available in post #2

This is a customized ROM and for end users only, ROM or any part of ROM/mods not allowed to redistribute,modify or to use as base to prepare new ROM/ part of other ROM.

Quote:

How to report bugs/Issue?
To report issue, you needs to provide following informations, else it will be ignored. Also if your query is already mentioned on OP/ChangeLogg post, it will be ignored.
1.ROM build number.
2.Dirty/Clean Install. - If you have dirty installed, Then first clean install and report if issue persists.
3.Bug/Issue appears right after installing or later?
4.How to reproduce error.
5.Is there any same reports there on thread on your searching?
6.Is there any mention about same bug on OP or changeLog post?
7.Logs - Attach logs here/Upload to other places where it can be downloaded without registration and doesn't have ad (we recommend dropbox/Gdrive) and post link.

Thanks for keeping patience.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dr.ketan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2020, 01:48 PM |#11  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Wow already
Love your rom on note9
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)