2018 Battery Thread

482 posts
Thanks Meter: 86

By perosredo, Senior Member on 5th February 2018, 02:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th May 2018, 04:57 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Still using the original one, it still holding charge pretty well after 3.5 years of work (last 3 day, normal use)

6th May 2018, 01:48 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Here's my anecdotal response.

I've used Anker batteries twice in my Note 3.

The first one started to fail, and was clearly bulging after about a year, so I disposed of it at a location allowed for battery disposal because I could literally see the OEM samsung case bulging from it expanding. It was never dropped, or exposed to extreme temperatures, and always in the samsung window case, or the otterbox defender (which may have increased the heat level without me knowing, but that's just speculative so take that with many grains of salt).

Having used Anker batteries many times before, I assumed the first replacement could have been a knockoff, or just from a bad batch, so I replaced it with another Anker of the type. Both were purchased on Amazon. I have had absolutely no issues with the second one, though I do feel the phone get warm when updating my ROM, etc, but that's to be expected. Aside from that the battery life has been very good, with a year and a half of use on it, and I never get concerned about daily use, out side of plugging it into a charger when doing gps/music for a long distance. Even without being plugged in, it stays pretty solid.

Full disclosure for my usage: I'm a light user during the day, aside from calendar, weather, 2 email addresses set to push, and 2 email addresses set to 15 minutes, a few texts, dropbox, drive, onenote, and google all on manual sync, and few phone calls. I'm also on lineage 7.1, rooted, xposed, and bloatware removed or blocked.

TLDR, my current Anker replacement works very well for my needs, but the first one did begin to fail to the point of it looking like it might go into a full failure at a dangerous level, so I can't be sure if it was a knockoff, a bad batch, or just bad luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to bladebarrier For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bladebarrier Ad-Free
7th May 2018, 04:31 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I am using 6400mahs battery from ali express..gives two days easily
12th May 2018, 02:45 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Trying Powerbear
Ordered a Powerbear last night directly from their site last night as that ended up being cheaper than Amazon. Hopefully this will allow my 2013 Note 3 to function a day with medium use.
The Following User Says Thank You to bryan4242 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bryan4242 Ad-Free
4th June 2018, 01:28 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Update: The Powerbear battery is working well. It came with instructions to fully charge and drain the battery a number of times to allow the system to calibrate things correctly. After following that process, I'm now easily seeing a day of battery life with medium use.
The Following User Says Thank You to bryan4242 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bryan4242 Ad-Free
9th June 2018, 07:09 AM |#16  
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 0

More
im still using my note 3 rooted on kitkat with the original battery 3200mah last all day at least
28th August 2018, 09:10 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 264

More
I'm using a new original battery that i got around 6 months ago. I get 5-6 hours screen on time.
15th September 2018, 06:20 AM |#18  
Flag San Francisco Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 0

More
OEM Samsung (if you need NFC)
I have always had the best performance with Samsung-branded OEM batteries. Some after-market batteries do NOT have the NFC antenna, so no NFC services . . .

One caveat though, watch out for used Samsung-branded batteries that are re-labeled to look like new. I had an instance that the battery I received was used and the case dented. The silver-black Samsung label had the corner near the bottom of the battery slightly folded back and crinkled. Also the electrical contacts showed signs of heavy use (wear and scratch marks). Luckily, the Amazon merchant replaced it with a genuine new Samsung battery in the original plastic case.

The prices seem to be getting better but eventually Samsung (or their OEM partner) will stop production (or maybe already has stopped), then the prices will be stratospheric . . . YMMV as always.
16th September 2018, 07:43 PM |#19  
Flag Pahang
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Trusted brand..sun global 3650mah capacity
But with no nfc
23rd September 2018, 09:17 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Im looking N9005 Battery +6400Mah with all resistance and good rated by users what do suggest;
19th October 2018, 07:26 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan4242

Ordered a Powerbear last night directly from their site last night as that ended up being cheaper than Amazon. Hopefully this will allow my 2013 Note 3 to function a day with medium use.

I ordered off PowerBear too to try it out. Thanks for the tip. Worked out cheaper than Amazon.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
batteries, battery

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)