FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

View Poll Results: Will you buy the Rock Smart UI Transparency Case ?

Yes

13 Vote(s)
52.00%
No

12 Vote(s)
48.00%

Rick Smart UI Transparent Flip Case Cover

137 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By N1T15H, Senior Member on 1st September 2014, 08:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello All,

I have seen lately a 'new' type of case from Rock Smart UI flip cover case for our Note 3.

The case features a transparent front cover with some kind of s-view, judging from the photos.

I made a search and did not see anyone talk about this case specifically for Note 3.

Has anyone purchased this case ? I wanted to have an idea whether the smart UI it is advertising is true or not, and the overall user experience.

Look no further, here follows the link to the product: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rock-Smart-U...item418571721b

Thank you guys for your input.
Nitish

PS: Please read ROCK Smart UI in thread title

1st September 2014, 02:20 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I'm extremely interested in this case and will patiently await first-hand accounts and reviews!
1st September 2014, 08:10 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mare d'Albert

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubmasterflex

I'm extremely interested in this case and will patiently await first-hand accounts and reviews!

I have purchased the case a couple of days back, and I am waiting delivery. Will take some time (normally at least 2-3 weeks) to be delivered from where I host (Mauritius).

Thought maybe someone else may have been through it and willing to share the experience.
1st September 2014, 08:20 PM |#4  
Flag Queensbury
Thanks Meter: 298

Donate to Me
More
I'm also intrigued and will be purchasing it, since it's pretty inexpensive. This reminds me of a classier HTC M8 Flip cover case.
3rd September 2014, 09:55 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mare d'Albert

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Murray

I'm also intrigued and will be purchasing it, since it's pretty inexpensive. This reminds me of a classier HTC M8 Flip cover case.

How is the Rock Smart UI case implementation on HTC M8 ? Does it work as they claim it does for note 3 ?
3rd September 2014, 05:25 PM |#6  
Flag Queensbury
Thanks Meter: 298

Donate to Me
More
Not sure Its made for the M8, it simply reminds me of the flip case that you get with it.
I have yet to receive this case as its shipped from China. I will let you know when I get it though
4th September 2014, 07:51 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 182

More
Quote:

Not sure Its made for the M8, it simply reminds me of the flip case that you get with it.
I have yet to receive this case as its shipped from China. I will let you know when I get it though

I dunno, looks pretty gimmicky to me.

I gotta say if there's anyone interested in this but has never used the S-View case.... its more of a burden.
I like my setup of a tempered glass protector with case more than S-View, since S-View makes the experience a whole lot slower and the extra flaps gets in the way and add extra unnecessary bulk to the unit.

But if S-View is a must, check out this guy:
http://store.androidandme.com/seidio...4A22A17430.htm
4th September 2014, 08:02 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:

Actually Rock does manufacture a "similar" pixelized notification case:

http://www.rockphone.cn/pdetail.aspx?ID=201408051350465

Rock Case Images

5th September 2014, 11:02 PM |#9  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 457

More
Those look... potentially sweet! I followed a few links from the one posted, and came across this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/301288759905 which I ordered. I decided to go for that one mainly because in the pics in the actual ad (although not in the ones at the top), it appears to have built-in port covers (micro usb 3 & headphone), which is huge and should be included in many more cases. I'm currently using a super cheap, clear TPU case from ebay that I picked up due to it having that same feature. I know from experience how easily the micro usb ports can get f-ed up (not to mention the cables, my entire fairly large collection of genuine OEM cables is completely useless; I had never seen the correct voltage on my Note 8 until a started using one of the two "premium" cables that I ordered from monoprice for less than $10).

Anyways, I primarily use wireless charging with my N3, but sometimes juice up very quickly via (non OEM) micro usb 3 cable during the day. In my situation, using a case with built in port covers (vs. highly lose-able unattached micro usb 2 port covers, which are pretty much the only alternative available and inferior across the board) works extremely well for my use-case. I like to keep the port covered / protected since I don't need it for wifi charging and I don't want to end up with some problem with the port so that I can't mount it in ODIN for ex., but it's not at all inconvenient for charging via cable. Just flip the cover back (which involves sort of detaching it, because the cover part of the small flap that covers the port does insert into the port which means that it is actually a legit protective port cover, and actually superior to the built-in cover on the S5 which afaik just covers the port rather than inserting into the port at all, and breaks of pretty easily rendering to completely useless. Before finding this particular tpu skin, which I sometimes attach into a wallet case via velcro (usually whenever I go out so that I have my essential cards and phone without making sure that I had put multiple different items in my pocket... I'd order 25 packs of the micro usb 2 covers, eventually lose every one of them and order a new pack. Using this case instead has been infinitely more convenient.

Back to your regularly-scheduled topic following that advertisement from the "Cases with attached port covers are crazy useful, and it seems weird that none of the bigger case companies include that super cheap / easy mod as pretty much standard", which exists for real, but consists of only one vocal member... Has anyone who ordered one of these received it yet? If so. thoughts? Also, all cases like this need an app to work, yes? Has anyone checked that out? Any negative impact (re: battery, etc.)? Oh yeah, regarding my assumption that this one does have port covers, which, ya know, I think has some sort of value, possibly is really only based on the pics inside the sellers ad. They also list it being "dustproof" but don't specifically mention the port covers and also they don't appear to be in the picture gallery at the top of the page, but it looks like those are the same pictures that a number of different similar cases from different sellers for the ones that have a option to choose the color (black, blue, gold), so really I'm just hoping that this case is what I expect, though it was cheap enough and otherwise interesting enough to potentially just check it out, but not really end up using it. Hopefully it'll turn out that my assumptions are correct, but currently ???. Actually, I probably should have asked the seller, and suppose I will now, but I still don't regret just throwing down the order so it'll come sooner rather than waiting /increasing the delay by waiting for them respond.

The deliver range is 9/19 - 10/10, so I post some feedback when it arrives.
7th September 2014, 10:13 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
i love this one
7th September 2014, 10:47 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mare d'Albert

More
I purchased the case too, from ebay ... sadly I see the item has not been shipped upto now ...
sent the seller a message, haven't had any reply since a couple of days.

hope this is not a bump ! coz I really want to have the case ...

Anyone else has received his case for a review ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)