FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Zerolemon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 10000mah

504 posts
Thanks Meter: 159
 
By AndrOmega, Senior Member on 18th July 2014, 12:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
i do not understand why original post for this wonderful extended battery was deleted
please feel free to post here infos and pics about zerolemon for note 3
The Following User Says Thank You to AndrOmega For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndrOmega Ad-Free
18th July 2014, 03:35 PM |#2  
jomaxwel's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
Donate to Me
More
This makes the phone ridiculously huge. What is the point? I guess to each their own but totally not for me. I would much rather carry a external power supply than install this on my phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th July 2014, 04:07 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,380
 
More
I don't use one either but I'm curious as to why it was deleted. Does anyone know why?
18th July 2014, 04:50 PM |#4  
d12unk13astard's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bakersucks
Thanks Meter: 754
 
More
Only the mod that deleted it does, this one too will get deleted im sure lol

Too bad because those other two threads had great information and reviews from the community about the mostly pros and cons of this battery.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
18th July 2014, 07:09 PM |#5  
01010001's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Near Seattle
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by jomaxwel

This makes the phone ridiculously huge. What is the point? I guess to each their own but totally not for me. I would much rather carry a external power supply than install this on my phone.

Call me crazy but I actually prefer the extra heft. It feels less like a fragile toy in my hand and more like a military tool. The battery life is just insane, I never have to worry about it anymore whereas before I had to constantly worry about it.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 01010001 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 01010001 Ad-Free
19th July 2014, 03:54 AM |#6  
sm00k's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jomaxwel

This makes the phone ridiculously huge. What is the point? I guess to each their own but totally not for me. I would much rather carry a external power supply than install this on my phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

There few reasons as for why.
For me, I enjoy superior battery life - tweaked my bricked Note manages two days of constant screen on times - mostly with google maps in navigation mode and either some movie on other window or audiobook/music in background. That's when I don't feel like experimenting and am not running above mentioned apps with Lapse it and some or the other loger of multiple sensors build into this device.
I also enjoy fact that ZeroLemon made case for this battery a really sturdy thing - and clip-on-belt screen protector/stand is also a welcome addition.
As for external power suplies - I have two Anker Pro 14mAh powerbanks, of which one is always in my bag. I usually tinker with software on my phone and as a result of that ended few times with empty battery around noon. And because of nice coincidence, both ZL battery case and said powerbank are almost same size...so I ducttape them both for some Back to the future III feelings.

Now, it's not for everyone. Most people don't really need as much battery life as I use <that's 2x 14mAh in Anker plus 4mAh of emergency little pack and ZL 10k backpack for phone itself...that's actually more than my Alienware laptop is equipped with!> but it's nice to have option. Plus, I was using original Note with Mugen battery and can't really use my phone without decent powerpak in it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sm00k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sm00k Ad-Free
19th July 2014, 07:12 AM |#7  
d12unk13astard's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bakersucks
Thanks Meter: 754
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm00k

There few reasons as for why.
For me, I enjoy superior battery life - tweaked my bricked Note manages two days of constant screen on times - mostly with google maps in navigation mode and either some movie on other window or audiobook/music in background. That's when I don't feel like experimenting and am not running above mentioned apps with Lapse it and some or the other loger of multiple sensors build into this device.
I also enjoy fact that ZeroLemon made case for this battery a really sturdy thing - and clip-on-belt screen protector/stand is also a welcome addition.
As for external power suplies - I have two Anker Pro 14mAh powerbanks, of which one is always in my bag. I usually tinker with software on my phone and as a result of that ended few times with empty battery around noon. And because of nice coincidence, both ZL battery case and said powerbank are almost same size...so I ducttape them both for some Back to the future III feelings.

Now, it's not for everyone. Most people don't really need as much battery life as I use <that's 2x 14mAh in Anker plus 4mAh of emergency little pack and ZL 10k backpack for phone itself...that's actually more than my Alienware laptop is equipped with!> but it's nice to have option. Plus, I was using original Note with Mugen battery and can't really use my phone without decent powerpak in it.

I like your style! I have a 10k mah external anker battery pack but didnt think about backpacking it to the phone, i can imagine it to be very 1980's like lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d12unk13astard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift d12unk13astard Ad-Free
19th July 2014, 09:25 AM |#8  
haza12d's Avatar
Senior Member
Gotham
Thanks Meter: 81
 
More
I just got mine this week and I love it. I'm already used to the weight. I love not having to charge my phone every day.

Anyone running Jasmine 2.0? If you are, how long does your battery last?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to haza12d For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift haza12d Ad-Free
19th July 2014, 09:01 PM |#9  
Thumbs up
I ordered the ZL 10000mah battery and ZeroShock case for my new NoteIII days ago. I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival so I can enjoy the added weight to the phone. I love the size, but it's simply to light for me and my hands. I have the ZL battery/case combo on my SIII and love it. I tried several batteries before the ZL battery and would never bother ordering anything else again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ed Murray For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ed Murray Ad-Free
20th July 2014, 12:49 AM |#10  
Curb71's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Murray

I ordered the ZL 10000mah battery and ZeroShock case for my new NoteIII days ago. I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival so I can enjoy the added weight to the phone. I love the size, but it's simply to light for me and my hands. I have the ZL battery/case combo on my SIII and love it. I tried several batteries before the ZL battery and would never bother ordering anything else again.

you can get wireless charging to work with this case? or am I reading your auto-sig wrong?
The Following User Says Thank You to Curb71 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Curb71 Ad-Free
20th July 2014, 06:01 AM |#11  
Yes, but when you use an extended battery and large case like Zerolemon's, you cannot use the typical receiver pads made for the NoteIII or SIII or whatever.
I purchased a DigiYes *universal receiver pad (wide side down, narrow side up plug) from amazon. It has a 2-3" ribbon cable attached to the pad to plug into your phones micro-usb port. You then wrap it under the bottom of the phone, then slide your case over it. Even with the TPU shell and battery door of the case on top of the receiver, I still connect to my charger pad (Lugu Lake Wireless Pad) without a hitch.

DigiYes Receiver Pad - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Lugu Lake Charger Pad -http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can no longer use the usb port for data transfer, sync, etc...

It was worth it in my case, as I became used to wireless charging and never connect my phone to any other source unless it's a bluetooth connection. Also, I never need to charge my phone frantically because of the huge battery capacity.

Hope this helps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ed Murray For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ed Murray Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes