FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DRIVER][N9005][KK/LP] Qualcomm Adreno 300/330 drivers

1,071 posts
Thanks Meter: 472

Post Reply Email Thread
KitKat (AND NOT LOLLIPOP):
These are based on the hammerhead/deb/flo/mako developer drivers from HERE.

Version: OpenGL ES 3.0 [email protected] [email protected] JHICKS_AU_LINUX_ANDROID_KK_3.5.04.04.02.003.389+PA TCH[ES]_msm8974_KK_3.5__release_ENGG ([email protected])

What I did:
I copied the deb-flo-mako firmware folder ingredients into the hammerhead ones to have all firmwares updated which are included in the stock system folder, too and moved the firmware folder from /vendor to /etc. I modified the updater script, too to be sure it finds the right system drive and mounts it nicely.

Download: HERE
CHANGELOG

Lollipop (AND NOT KITKAT):

EDIT: Link taken down for now due to HW+ problems @ video playback!

New Lollipop driver v95 from Moto G extracted by SeannyM: OFFLINE for now!

Version: OpenGL ES 3.0 [email protected] [email protected] ([email protected])
AnTuTu before: ~41200ish and after ~42600ish

HOWTO:
Flash via Mobile Odin or TWRP/CWM.

WARNING:
NO GUARANTEE THAT IT WON'T KILL YOUR PHONE!!! Mine still works and that better than ever, but if it does, your fault! ^^
MAKE A BACKUP IF YOU FEAR A DEAD PHONE!
KNOX 0x1!!!!

My intention is/was to fix several bugs in their drivers to get Dolphin Emulator run nicely.
It became way better already, but is still badly distorted on KitKat.
The added Lollipop driver fixes most hiccups. Looks really nice now.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to emuandco For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift emuandco Ad-Free

23rd August 2014, 11:37 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 513

More
What is this?
23rd August 2014, 11:52 AM |#3  
Flag Hasselt
Thanks Meter: 133

More
I can try it, but still have my thoughts about it, because of the port-ism of it. Will try when the green light for this has been lit. Still why don't we massively contact the dolphin developer?
23rd August 2014, 11:58 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Steinfeld

More
sonicadvance1 from the Dolphin dev team recommended to always update the Adreno drivers, because they are buggy as hell in OpenGL ES 3 matters. He filed a dozen bug reports over at Qualcomm's and some even were fixed by now. Some bigger ones causing the bad distortion are still there, but it starts to progress well. These are NO Dolphin bugs, these are evil misbehaviors in the drivers against the OpenGL ES 3 standards causing flipped framebuffers and way more funny things. The drivers work and are 100% compatible to the Adreno we use.

Video from sonicadvance1 explaining the steps to do.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emuandco For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift emuandco Ad-Free
23rd August 2014, 12:41 PM |#5  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 49

More
So how do we install it? By manually move the files over to the system file or is it a flashable zip file? O.o

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Ok my bad its a flashable zip files sorry for the noob questions
23rd August 2014, 01:19 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Steinfeld

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxFadzil92

So how do we install it? By manually move the files over to the system file or is it a flashable zip file? O.o

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Ok my bad its a flashable zip files sorry for the noob questions

Flashable ZIP file. Use Mobile Odin OTA/ZIP File mode or a custom recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to emuandco For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift emuandco Ad-Free
King ov Hell
23rd August 2014, 02:17 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I can decide for flashing ? Will this help for performance and battery too ? or is it only driver ?
23rd August 2014, 02:51 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 120

More
This thread gets my attention. Any mirror?

Thanks
23rd August 2014, 03:42 PM |#9  
Flag vlissingen
Thanks Meter: 247

More
it worked for me thnx

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by King ov Hell

I can decide for flashing ? Will this help for performance and battery too ? or is it only driver ?

it's got nothing to do with battery................read!!!
23rd August 2014, 08:47 PM |#10  
Flag Velenje
Thanks Meter: 215

Donate to Me
More
How i know which driver i use now because i wont replace drivers if is same does i can use this on any rom?
24th August 2014, 01:31 AM |#11  
Boston
Thanks Meter: 363

More
flashed and works fine, n900t
mokee open source rom 4.4.4

gonna test some stuff now

ok so some quick testing done and... no difference in game performance in fpse, espxe and reicast. same games, same speed issues and glitches.
example. silent hill 1 on fpse or espxe, bar in the beginning of the game, especially fight with a bat. same framedrops.
so not sure if there is any benefit.
thanks anyway.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)