[ROM][HLTE/CHN/KOR/TMO][9.0] LineageOS 16.0 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

K214

Apr 10, 2020
Hello everyone,

I flashed the latest version of Lineage OS 16 on my note 3 n9005. everything was perfect until it started randomly rebooting. I have two more issues. In this rom like the stock rom we cannot use s pen? for example by pressing its button, it shows several options. and also, is there any way to change the power button for taking screenshot?
I tried to read the whole forum about these problems before posting here but unfortunately, I couldn't find the answers. I will really appreciate it if someone helps me. thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Essen, Germany
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 6
Hello everyone,

I flashed the latest version of Lineage OS 16 on my note 3 n9005. everything was perfect until it started randomly rebooting. I have two more issues. In this rom like the stock rom we cannot use s pen? for example by pressing its button, it shows several options. and also, is there any way to change the power button for taking screenshot?
I tried to read the whole forum about these problems before posting here but unfortunately, I couldn't find the answers. I will really appreciate it if someone helps me. thanks in advance.
1. Report better with information about your current firmware version. You can find it after installing Phone Info app on playstore and navigating to firmware tab in that app. You will need to provide bootloader and baseband information. To check whether it is old or not, use this post:
https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3...-remix-n-v5-8-3-vanilla-t3615227/post74012537

If it is old, update it from files on this post:
https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3/general/bootloader-baseband-bl-cp-samsung-t3582504/post82849541

Using procedure explained in this post:
https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3/general/bootloader-baseband-bl-cp-samsung-t3582504/post71676276

Also, report your method of flashing (which TWRP version, magisk, kernel, mods and etc). Any answer having "latest", "best" and etc instead of version number will be disregarded.

2. No. Spen is not normally usable on AOSP ROMs. Those are different than TouchWiz ROMs (google about them to know more about the differences)

3. You could have found answers (especially for spen) if you also google'd it, as it is a basic insufficiency of AOSP ROMs.

Reactions: K214

K214

Apr 10, 2020
1. Report better with information about your current firmware version. You can find it after installing Phone Info app on playstore and navigating to firmware tab in that app. You will need to provide bootloader and baseband information. To check whether it is old or not, use this post:
https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3...-remix-n-v5-8-3-vanilla-t3615227/post74012537

If it is old, update it from files on this post:
https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3/general/bootloader-baseband-bl-cp-samsung-t3582504/post82849541

Using procedure explained in this post:
https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3/general/bootloader-baseband-bl-cp-samsung-t3582504/post71676276

Also, report your method of flashing (which TWRP version, magisk, kernel, mods and etc). Any answer having "latest", "best" and etc instead of version number will be disregarded.

2. No. Spen is not normally usable on AOSP ROMs. Those are different than TouchWiz ROMs (google about them to know more about the differences)

3. You could have found answers (especially for spen) if you also google'd it, as it is a basic insufficiency of AOSP ROMs.

First of all, thank you so much for the information you provided for me and sorry if it took so long to reply. As you said, my answer was incomplete. I should have provided some information about my phone or the method that I used. Anyway, I did as you told me. I used odin for updating the bootloader and baseband, because their versions were old but unfortunately it is rebooting again. About the method of flashing the Lineage OS 16, I used TWRP 3.3.1-0.

I guess I answered everything. If there is any question, please let me know. Thanks in advance...

Last edited:

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Essen, Germany
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 6
First of all, thank you so much for the information you provided for me and sorry if it took so long to reply. As you said, my answer was incomplete. I should have provided some information about my phone or the method that I used. Anyway, I did as you told me. I used odin for updating the bootloader and baseband, because their versions were old but unfortunately it is rebooting again. About the method of flashing the Lineage OS 16, I used TWRP 3.3.1-0.

I guess I answered everything. If there is any question, please let me know. Thanks in advance...
You haven't provided any answer. You told me that you updated, but wr don't even know whether you were successful or not. 75% of users have unsuccessful flash (even though it shows success) because they don't follow steps correctly.

Anyways, since we don't have any information about your device, we can't help you

K214

Apr 10, 2020
You haven't provided any answer. You told me that you updated, but we don't even know whether you were successful or not. 75% of users have unsuccessful flash (even though it shows success) because they don't follow steps correctly.

Anyways, since we don't have any information about your device, we can't help you

Dear friend, I don't know where you got this statistical analysis of being successful! Although I am new in this forum, I've done this kind of stuff before. I followed every step and I did as you told me about BL and CP. I checked the previous versions of bootloader and baseband. They were ...QD5 and ...PB1 respectively. after flashing with Odin, they are ...RL1 and ...QB1 now. How did I check? by using the phone INFO app. If you don't satisfy, I can take a screenshot and send it here.

kasatepi

Feb 25, 2020
I have 2 Problems

Hi,
i have 2 Problems with this version
1.) Bluetooth-Problem : Car-System-Calling : i connect my note3 with my car. No Problem. I can receive and make phonecalls. BUT it dont works with the car-Speaker !!! Whenn i make a call or receive a call i can only make it with my phone. The Sound dont gets aut of my Car !!!

2.) When i make Pictures when my phone is connected with my PC , the pictures get a black Border !
When i disconnect my phone from the PC , no problem

####################################
After installing Lineage17 both problems disappeared

Last edited:

Chinaboy5216

Aug 27, 2008
Foshan, China
Hi,
i have 2 Problems with this version
1.) Bluetooth-Problem : Car-System-Calling : i connect my note3 with my car. No Problem. I can receive and make phonecalls. BUT it dont works with the car-Speaker !!! Whenn i make a call or receive a call i can only make it with my phone. The Sound dont gets aut of my Car !!!

2.) When i make Pictures when my phone is connected with my PC , the pictures get a black Border !
When i disconnect my phone from the PC , no problem

logs?

The ROM works nicely 😄

I did a clean install, then used SmartPack Kernel Manager to switch the CPU governor to "conservative" to compensate battery consumption, and I'm getting about a day's worth of juice.

Videos run smoothly, voice quality is unaltered during calls.

EDIT: the below described quirk only happened with the LOLZkernel, which I had forgotten I had installed. After reinstalling the stock kernel, network tethering works again.

> Only network tethering isn't possible anymore, in comparison to LineageOS 14.1; I used to connect my Note 3 (9005) to the computer to share my mobile connection, and that option is still present, but impossible to activate.

All in all, a solid daily driver.

Last edited:

ahmed1052

May 8, 2020
I install with mini gapps pie. The sim does not go, so neither calls nor data. It gets pretty hot when loading and downloading apps but it's very, very fluid ... the most. 100% pixel interface. I have installed my 100 apps on the cloud drive via WiFi and they work well with the ones I have tried with screen overlay ... good keyboards. File manager good.

The camera does not detect sd or sd ext, but files can be moved between sd and sd ext. The gallery is fast mega to upload and I have about 5 thousand photos and a hundred videos ....

Does not work: Slide finger on sup bar for brightness, Change side clock, Dark mode, change icons, sim for calls and data, The brightness very high to the minimum, some togles do not respond and the night mode I do not see it ....
.... Thanks for the work and wanting to have a final version! I hope it helps the devs.

Still missing, .. to this rom and PIE will improve the Android experience .... Thanks!

Health2

Enviado desde mi SM-N9005 mediante Tapatalk
Weird , everything you mentioned worked on my SM-N9005.
(I also flashed micro Gapps)
You can try backup your data, do TWRP factory reset (Wipe data and Cache and Dilvac/ART cache) then reflash the ROM again and restore the data , this probably happen when there's still remains of old custom ROM files and permissions
I hope this helps!

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is... still valid?
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
  • Boots
  • RIL
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth/BT Calling
  • NFC (except TMO which have broken nfc blobs)
  • Camera
  • Video Recording
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • Etc
What's not working :
  • Miracast/WiFi direct ( google killed it on PIE )
  • Tell me

How to install?
  • Download The ROM & GApps
  • Wipe: System, Data, Dalvik, Cache
  • Flash ROM + GApps
  • Reboot & Enjoy

ROM Downloads:

My builds:

@haggertk Builds:

GApps Downloads:
OpenGapps: Click Here!
Note: Nano is recommended.

Credits :
LineageOS team
All Devs and Contributors

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
jprimero15
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest Firmware
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Stable

Created 2019-07-25
Last Updated 2019-08-04
I need help with my SM-N9005 (hlte) device
There's a problem with audio when playing a track in the background every touch on the screen glitches the sound for 5 second (for every touch) this case for the Speaker
When using the headphones this problem doesn't happen but .. after playing a track and playing another one or repeating the same one the sound become multiplied and creepy
Notes :
1- this error doesn't happen on stock frimware and the Samung Experience ports
2- this error happened on every version of LineageOS and other roms (CyanogenMod - Parandroid - Droid On Time - Resurrection Remix - PixysOS - Xtended )
So Please help me because I don't want to downgrade to android 5 again :(

Top Liked Posts