I'm pleased to announce the first (unofficial) CM 13 ROM for the Galaxy Note 3... This ROM is almost pure CyanogenMod 13, with a few minor tweaks/additions, and is fast, stable, and perfect for use as a daily driver.
CyanogenMod is continuing to update their CM13 sources (usually several times a day), and as they do, there will undoubtedly be additional features added, bringing it up to speed with what's available in CM12.1. In the meantime, however, I've included a few of my personal favorite mods/extra settings, and will be adding a few more when time permits. I'm not going to go crazy with extra features, because @Temasek has a fantastic CM13 build for the Note 3 as well, that will eventually include all sorts of extras. I will, however, be working on implementing a few of my own original mods/creations. If there's anything in particular that you'd like to see added, let me know!
Also, in case you missed the announcement, @Sheradrax will be the primary person watching over/maintaining this thread. I will be around as much as I possibly can, but my time is very limited for at least the next few weeks, so please try to direct and questions/issues/comments to him if possible. Thanks again, Sheradrax.
*** FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK ***
*** I am not responsible for any loss of data ***
*** damage to devices, or any other consequences ***
*** that arise as a result of flashing this ROM. ***
- Any Note 3 model with a Snapdragon Processor.
- Custom recovery (I recommend TWRP).
- MAKE A BACKUP.
- Download the ROM zip and the GApps zip to your device.
- Boot to recovery, and do a full wipe (minus your internal and external SD, which are optional). If coming from a previous build, dirty flashing will work, though clean flashing is always recommended.
- Flash the ROM, then flash the GApps.
Current Changelog: 01-28-2016
- Rebased using 01/25/16 sources.
- Added logo to updater-script.
- Fixed issue with first task being invisible in recents.
- Fixed issues with recents foreground task clearing.
- Added settings for power menu animations.
- Added numerous settings for Activity/system animations. (Hey, I like animations).
- Enabled CM Screencast app (screen recording).
- Added option to include screen record in power menu.
- Added option to show 2 columns in Settings Dashboard in portrait mode.
- Probably a few other minor things I've forgotten.
- Rebased with 1/5/16 sources.
- Fixed network mode switching.
- Moved all my additions to a new Settings category.
- Added boot animation preview/changer.
- Replaced recents clear all icon with FAB and added positioning options.
- Added volume steps options for each stream.
- Added option to show system info (CPU frequency, temp, battery voltage, temp, connected network) on recents, in place of the search widget.
- Enabled install from unknown sources by default.
- Disabled verify apps over usb by default.
- Re-added network traffic options (in Settings > Status Bar).
- Fixed incoming calls (again).
- Built with 12/17 CM sources (lots of changes!) and @Temasek's kernel source as of 12/17.
- Enabled developer settings by default.
- SuperSU is no longer built in.
- Network traffic and night mode options are gone (I just haven't gotten around to re-adding them, since I had to start over).
- Several minor behind the scenes tweaks/fixes.
- Built with latest CM sources (as of 11-28/11-29).
- Added StatusBar network traffic, ListView animations/Interpolators, Toast animations.
- Fixed advanced reboot menu settings not sticking.
- Fixed capacitive key backlight settings (again).
- Added support for addition Note 3 variants (thanks to @ jcadduono).
- Fixed remounting and writing to /system.
- Added missing Trebuchet permission.
- Enable stylus gestures (not fully tested).
- More changes to support theme/night mode (still far from complete).
- Various minor behind the scenes tweaks/optimizations.
- Rebuilt with latest sources.
- Added stlport.
- Added SamsungDoze.
- Fixed RIL. SIM card is now detected and should work.
- Changed updater script to allow installation on Canadian and Sprint variants.
- Miscellaneous minor code changes.
- Rebuilt with latest sources.
- Fixed capacitive key backlight settings.
- Minor code changes/tweaks.
- Video recording, CM File Manager, and capacitive key backlight settings all work now.
- Now includes updated Messages app, battery mode settings, per-app profiles, advanced reboot menu, and a few more new settings/options.
- Initial release.
- In-call audio [I[does not work[/I] on the latest posted build. I'm doing all that I can to find the cause and to get it fixed, but in the meantime, if you rely on calls made via your carrier (Hangouts calls still work fine), please use the 1/9 release.
- CyanogenMod and their contributors for the bulk of the source code.
- @Temasek for his kernel source.
- @Lyokacanthrope, @Temasek, and @sparx for the RIL/SIM fixes.
- @Sheradrax and @booogermonkey for helping with testing.
- @Chainfire for SuperSU.
- @BaNkS & Open GApps for the gapps, and @[email protected] for supplying the Open GApps link.
- @daveyannihilation, @sparx, @surge1223, @dwitherell, and the whole Alliance ROM team for support.
Thanks for reading.
Unofficial CyanogenMod 13.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Source Code: https://github.com/AdmireTheDistance
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
Based On: CyanogenMod 13.0
Current Stable Version: 1.0.h
Stable Release Date: 2016-01-28
Last Updated 2016-02-04