[ROOT GUIDE] KNOX 0x0 NOTE 3 LTE (SM-N9005) LOLLIPOP DB 5.0 KNOX 0x0 [ROOT GUIDE]

Search This thread

xTPTBx

Oct 30, 2012
Doha
t.me
Hello Everybody.

I have finally successfully rooted Note 3 N9005 on Android 5.0 Dev Base (DB) only, without tripping knox. The Dev base (DB) is made or compiled by Alexander on OB6 (the latest firmware). It has Multi-CSC feature and hence you will not have to worry about the CSC feature being a reason for holding you back from Rooting Note 3 N9005.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you mess up any of the steps and neither am I responsible for anyone bricking their phone. I have personally tested this step 3 times over to confirm its validity.

UPDATE: We have finally been able to root all LOLLIPOP without dev base. The new guide is on its way. All your data can remain, you will be able to root without having to worry about losing your DATA.

UPDATE: Here is the link to my ROM, you can replace this rom with Alexander's Dev Base in the Instruction Steps and all will be fine.
:: MEGA DOWNLOAD ::

:: DROPBOX DOWNLOAD ::

UPDATE: Added updated Links for Alexander DevBase, Bootloader and CP File.

NOTE: KNOX apps have been disabled by default by Alexander himself. Thank you Alexander.

NOTE: Moderators please move this thread to the right section. Also, please note, I will be giving credits to the original Devs for the rom and the root methods which I used common sense and made them work. All these changes will be released in the final Guide. In a few hours the whole guide with the complete step-by-step procedure will be uploaded here.

NOTE: I have written this guide on my own and have not copied anything from anywhere except the rooting process provided by W0lfDroid. If required, I will remove it and replace it with the link to the page to make it easier. But, in my opinion my steps are simpler :D

Things you will need.

Precautionary step: Make a backup of your PIT File just in case. You might need it though I had no need for it and its simply taking up a few KBs of Space on my PC :D

1). Official Stock 4.4.2 Firmware. (Grab it via Sammobile).
2). N9005XXUGBOEA_DevBase_alexndr.zip (Grab it HERE).
3). ODin v3.09. (Grab it HERE).
4). Mobile ODin Pro. (Buy it and support Chainfire).
5). SuperSU 2.46 APK. (Grab it from Google Playstore).
6). Towel Root APK v3 Offline. (Grab it HERE)
6). Device drivers. (My suggestion would be to just install Kies 2 and Kies 3).
7). ADB should be set up and accessible via CMD.
8). Root Kernel
9). Stock Kernel: NF4, NG1, NG2, NH1, NI4, NJ1, NJ2, ZTFUNJ1, NK1
10). Bootloader File (OEA – Latest as of now).
11). CP File (OD3 – Latest as of now).

Credits:
The Root Kernel and Stock Kernels are all credited to W0lfDroid.
SuperSU, Mobile ODIN Pro 4.20 are credited to Chainfire.
DevBase Rom, Bootloader File, CP File are credited to Alexander.
Towel Root is credited to Geohot.

Instructions:

Part 1: Downgrade 5.0 >> 4.4.2 (Skip this if you have 4.4.2 and move over to Part 2).

Procedure:

1). Run ODin v3.09 as Administrator.
2). Unzip the stock rom zip package that you downloaded for 4.4.2 and you will get a ".TAR.MD5" file. That is the one that you require.
3). Attach your phone in “Download Mode”. To enter this mode, turn off your phone. Press and hold POWER + MENU (Home Button) + Volume Down keys. Then a confirmation dialogue will pop up and ask you to continue to enter the mode by pressing the Volume UP key.
4). Click on AP and select the “.TAR.MD5” file extracted.
5). Make sure only "Autoreboot" and "F.Reset Time" are "checked".
6). Flash the Firmware by clicking "Start".
7). Once flashed, let your phone reboot. Should take about 10-15 mins.
NOTE: If your phone doesn't boot up after a considerable amount of time. Turn it off. Pull out the battery. Re-insert the battery and boot your phone into “Recovery Mode” by holding the Power + Menu (Home Button) + Volume UP keys. Wipe your data and cache partitions.
8). Setup your phone but better not connect it to Google/Samsung/Dropbox or any other accounts because you are going to get those wiped again.

Part 2: Rooting Note 3 on 4.4.2 (Skip this is you have a Rooted 4.4.2 phone and move over to Part 3).

Procedure:

Before starting this find your kernel version and build number, the last 3 letters/digits matter such as NG1 or NH1, etc.

Install SUPERSU 2.46 APK

1). Run Odin v3.09 and connect your phone in “Download Mode”
2). Click AP on the ODin screen and navigate and select the file Root Kernel.
3). “Auto-reboot” and “F.Reset Time” are selected and click “Start”.
4). Let it flash and reboot.
5). Install Towel Root v3 Offline APK.
6). Open the Towel Root APK now and tap “Make it rain”.
7). Install SuperSU from Playstore.
8). Update the SU Binary and Disable KNOX.
9). Reboot your phone.
10). Now flash the Stock Kernel, Follow the same steps 1 – 4 but just replace the Root Kernel with the Stock Kernel to allow you to have full functionality as Wi-Fi gets disabled with the root Kernel.

Part 3: Upgrading to Android 5.0 Lollipop Dev Base Alexander OEA.

Procedure:

1). Install Mobile ODIN Pro 4.20
2). Move the N9005XXUGBOEA_DevBase_alexndr.zip to your Internal SD Card.
3). Run Mobile ODIN Pro and choose the option OTA/Zip Update.
4). Select the N9005XXUGBOEA_DevBase_alexndr.zip file.
5). Uncheck (untick) the “Everroot” Option.
6). Flash Firmware. If it asks to verify the checksum let it, if it does not then don’t worry.
7). Let Mobile ODIN Pro do it’s thing.
8). The Aroma Installer will pop up. Leave every option as-is. The only extra options we have to select are “Wipe Data” and “Update Stock Recovery”.
9). Let it install.
10). Uncheck (untick) the “Reboot Device” option.
11). If your phone reboots, then let it start up and then DO NOT set up your phone, just hold the power button and turn it off.
12). Enter “Download Mode”.
13). Run ODin v3.09 and click on BL and select the OEA Bootloader File and click on CP and select the OD3 CP File.
14). Make sure Auto-reboot is not checked.
15). Now, hold down the power key and turn off your phone.
16). Boot into “Recovery Mode” by holding the POWER + MENU (HOME BUTTON) + VOLUME UP keys. You will see a msg at the bottom Applying Multi-csc which is essential to prevent your phone from entering boot-loop or crashing after the Samsung LOGO.
17). “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” and “Wipe Cache Partition”.
18). Reboot your phone and set it up. But DO NOT install any app, my opinion or suggestion is not to connect your google account just yet.
19). After the phone has booted, open play store and connect your GMAIL Account and install Root Checker from Playstore.
20). Do not open any app and do not install anything.
21). Turn off your phone and wait for 2 – 5 mins.
22). Turn it back on and open Root Checker and grant it SU permission.
23). Then open SuperSU, update the binary if asked and set it up as you like.
24). Have fun, you now have a Rooted Lollipop 5.0 Phone on the latest Build Number OEAwithout Tripping KNOX :)

Updated and Maintained as of 19th June 2015.

Consider buying me a couple of beers for my contribution

Last edited:

xTPTBx

Oct 30, 2012
Doha
t.me
Nice job! I was waiting for this to update my note 3 to use new kernels. Is it possible to compile the same thing for n900w8, NB7 ? http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/26653/N900W8VLUCNB7_N900W8OYACNB7_BMC/

Thanks a lot

We are trying to figure this out. If we can get this kind of rom for any phone then we will have better luck getting all lollipop phones rooted. Also I'm in the process of getting the official stock firmware installed on top of this to allow us to have official kernel installed to. But I might just flash the original kernel to avoid the hassle and check it out

patate331

Feb 24, 2013
Montreal
We are trying to figure this out. If we can get this kind of rom for any phone then we will have better luck getting all lollipop phones rooted. Also I'm in the process of getting the official stock firmware installed on top of this to allow us to have official kernel installed to. But I might just flash the original kernel to avoid the hassle and check it out

Nice! Sounds very good. If I understand everything about your developpement, we will be able to root it but not to flash custom rom without tripping. Is that right?

xTPTBx

Oct 30, 2012
Doha
t.me
Yes very true. I will add it.
Also please note that I have tripped my knox in the learning process and will not continue any new guides regarding knox 0x0.

I'm quite satisfied and will now move forward towards hardcore development of Custom ROMS or development of stock ROMS with addition to more development of apps.

Check for new updates regarding new development apps that I am working on. I hope these apps become a game changer :)

Last edited:
thnks a ton KINGMAK.
Hey is there a way to saferoot stock Lollipop ROM rather than using the dev based one? Will u post a guide on that regardless of the post u added recently that u wont write guides on knox 0x0, since ur Knox is tripped ;) I am eagerly waiting for that guide frnd.

Also, how to enable knox apps, container and all that on this dev based ROM? Is that possible?
If not, will I be able to use Knox apps, container in future? I suppose that a stock ROM should be flashed to get that. Is that? :confused:

xTPTBx

Oct 30, 2012
Doha
t.me
thnks a ton KINGMAK.
Hey is there a way to saferoot stock Lollipop ROM rather than using the dev based one? Will u post a guide on that regardless of the post u added recently that u wont write guides on knox 0x0, since ur Knox is tripped ;) I am eagerly waiting for that guide frnd.

Also, how to enable knox apps, container and all that on this dev based ROM? Is that possible?
If not, will I be able to use Knox apps, container in future? I suppose that a stock ROM should be flashed to get that. Is that? :confused:

Yes it is possible. The dev_base is not entirely different from the Stock ROM. You would need to use the same procedure but the only change that would be required is the flashing of the Stock Based ROM.

I can make a rom with KNOX apps enabled but the root in the system will always remove/disable the KNOX apps since knox tries to reset the root.

Since the very beginning of KNOX system, the security is lost when you root your device. KNOX cannot be used and I doubt anyone will ever try to make them work.

Sincerely,
KINGMAK

Yes it is possible. The dev_base is not entirely different from the Stock ROM. You would need to use the same procedure but the only change that would be required is the flashing of the Stock Based ROM.

I can make a rom with KNOX apps enabled but the root in the system will always remove/disable the KNOX apps since knox tries to reset the root.

Since the very beginning of KNOX system, the security is lost when you root your device. KNOX cannot be used and I doubt anyone will ever try to make them work.

Sincerely,
KINGMAK

So that means should I add Stock rom from sammy (BOB6.zip) in Mobile Odin pro as mentioned in step 4. of part 3 instead of N9005XXUGBOB6_DevBase_alexndr.zip file?

If so, do i need to flash BOB6's bootloader and modem again via desktop Odin? Plz clarify..

xTPTBx

Oct 30, 2012
Doha
t.me
So that means should I add Stock rom from sammy (BOB6.zip) in Mobile Odin pro as mentioned in step 4. of part 3 instead of N9005XXUGBOB6_DevBase_alexndr.zip file?

If so, do i need to flash BOB6's bootloader and modem again via desktop Odin? Plz clarify..

Well you can flash the stock rom zip package of OB6 and it might b necessary to flash the bootloader too since it has been reported that if people don't flash the OB6 bootloader they end up with bootloop issues.

Reactions: sword_fish89

arvin2212

Jan 30, 2009
Thank you. Followed your guide and managed to get Lollipop into my phone with root privileges. Flashed Xposed alpha via mobile odin and now my phone is stucked in a bootloop. Went to recovery to do a factory reset but it is still the same. What should I do to restore my phone?

Would it be fine following part 1 and 2 , although I am running the newest bootloader?

erevoz

Apr 28, 2014
if i already trip my knox 0x1 can it be changed to 0x0 with this method?sorry newbie question

arvin2212

Jan 30, 2009

xTPTBx

Oct 30, 2012
Doha
t.me
Thank you. Followed your guide and managed to get Lollipop into my phone with root privileges. Flashed Xposed alpha via mobile odin and now my phone is stucked in a bootloop. Went to recovery to do a factory reset but it is still the same. What should I do to restore my phone?

Would it be fine following part 1 and 2 , although I am running the newest bootloader?

Flash the CP and Bootloader files. Then wipe your data and cache partitions am all should be fine.

Well you can flash the stock rom zip package of OB6 and it might b necessary to flash the bootloader too since it has been reported that if people don't flash the OB6 bootloader they end up with bootloop issues.

Thnx for the reply KingMak. But i hav few mre doubts.
1. Suppose if i use stock rom bob6.tar.md5 in mobile odin, how do we get that Rom rooted?
Should i tick everroot option and add supersu zip file and then flash to do that?

2. Does dev base (by alexndr) zip package include root installer? Is everroot option unticked for this reason?

3. Can we saferoot(knox 0x0) note 3 sm 9005 using the same method for s4 as posted by xda member Tyxerakias? Plz have a look>> xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4/general/rooted-stock-lollipop-5-0-1-knox-0x0-t3061536

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Everybody.

I have finally successfully rooted Note 3 N9005 on Android 5.0 Dev Base (DB) only, without tripping knox. The Dev base (DB) is made or compiled by Alexander on OB6 (the latest firmware). It has Multi-CSC feature and hence you will not have to worry about the CSC feature being a reason for holding you back from Rooting Note 3 N9005.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you mess up any of the steps and neither am I responsible for anyone bricking their phone. I have personally tested this step 3 times over to confirm its validity.

UPDATE: We have finally been able to root all LOLLIPOP without dev base. The new guide is on its way. All your data can remain, you will be able to root without having to worry about losing your DATA.

UPDATE: Here is the link to my ROM, you can replace this rom with Alexander's Dev Base in the Instruction Steps and all will be fine.
    :: MEGA DOWNLOAD ::

:: DROPBOX DOWNLOAD ::

UPDATE: Added updated Links for Alexander DevBase, Bootloader and CP File.

NOTE: KNOX apps have been disabled by default by Alexander himself. Thank you Alexander.

NOTE: Moderators please move this thread to the right section. Also, please note, I will be giving credits to the original Devs for the rom and the root methods which I used common sense and made them work. All these changes will be released in the final Guide. In a few hours the whole guide with the complete step-by-step procedure will be uploaded here.

NOTE: I have written this guide on my own and have not copied anything from anywhere except the rooting process provided by W0lfDroid. If required, I will remove it and replace it with the link to the page to make it easier. But, in my opinion my steps are simpler :D

Things you will need.

Precautionary step: Make a backup of your PIT File just in case. You might need it though I had no need for it and its simply taking up a few KBs of Space on my PC :D

1). Official Stock 4.4.2 Firmware. (Grab it via Sammobile).
    2). N9005XXUGBOEA_DevBase_alexndr.zip (Grab it HERE).
    3). ODin v3.09. (Grab it HERE).
    4). Mobile ODin Pro. (Buy it and support Chainfire).
    5). SuperSU 2.46 APK. (Grab it from Google Playstore).
    6). Towel Root APK v3 Offline. (Grab it HERE)
    6). Device drivers. (My suggestion would be to just install Kies 2 and Kies 3).
    7). ADB should be set up and accessible via CMD.
    8). Root Kernel
    9). Stock Kernel: NF4, NG1, NG2, NH1, NI4, NJ1, NJ2, ZTFUNJ1, NK1
    10). Bootloader File (OEA – Latest as of now).
    11). CP File (OD3 – Latest as of now).

Credits:
    The Root Kernel and Stock Kernels are all credited to W0lfDroid.
    SuperSU, Mobile ODIN Pro 4.20 are credited to Chainfire.
    DevBase Rom, Bootloader File, CP File are credited to Alexander.
    Towel Root is credited to Geohot.

Instructions:

Part 1: Downgrade 5.0 >> 4.4.2 (Skip this if you have 4.4.2 and move over to Part 2).

Procedure:

1). Run ODin v3.09 as Administrator.
    2). Unzip the stock rom zip package that you downloaded for 4.4.2 and you will get a ".TAR.MD5" file. That is the one that you require.
    3). Attach your phone in “Download Mode”. To enter this mode, turn off your phone. Press and hold POWER + MENU (Home Button) + Volume Down keys. Then a confirmation dialogue will pop up and ask you to continue to enter the mode by pressing the Volume UP key.
    4). Click on AP and select the “.TAR.MD5” file extracted.
    5). Make sure only "Autoreboot" and "F.Reset Time" are "checked".
    6). Flash the Firmware by clicking "Start".
    7). Once flashed, let your phone reboot. Should take about 10-15 mins.
    NOTE: If your phone doesn't boot up after a considerable amount of time. Turn it off. Pull out the battery. Re-insert the battery and boot your phone into “Recovery Mode” by holding the Power + Menu (Home Button) + Volume UP keys. Wipe your data and cache partitions.
    8). Setup your phone but better not connect it to Google/Samsung/Dropbox or any other accounts because you are going to get those wiped again.

Part 2: Rooting Note 3 on 4.4.2 (Skip this is you have a Rooted 4.4.2 phone and move over to Part 3).

Procedure:

Before starting this find your kernel version and build number, the last 3 letters/digits matter such as NG1 or NH1, etc.

Install SUPERSU 2.46 APK

1). Run Odin v3.09 and connect your phone in “Download Mode”
    2). Click AP on the ODin screen and navigate and select the file Root Kernel.
    3). “Auto-reboot” and “F.Reset Time” are selected and click “Start”.
    4). Let it flash and reboot.
    5). Install Towel Root v3 Offline APK.
    6). Open the Towel Root APK now and tap “Make it rain”.
    7). Install SuperSU from Playstore.
    8). Update the SU Binary and Disable KNOX.
    9). Reboot your phone.
    10). Now flash the Stock Kernel, Follow the same steps 1 – 4 but just replace the Root Kernel with the Stock Kernel to allow you to have full functionality as Wi-Fi gets disabled with the root Kernel.

Part 3: Upgrading to Android 5.0 Lollipop Dev Base Alexander OEA.

Procedure:

1). Install Mobile ODIN Pro 4.20
    2). Move the N9005XXUGBOEA_DevBase_alexndr.zip to your Internal SD Card.
    3). Run Mobile ODIN Pro and choose the option OTA/Zip Update.
    4). Select the N9005XXUGBOEA_DevBase_alexndr.zip file.
    5). Uncheck (untick) the “Everroot” Option.
    6). Flash Firmware. If it asks to verify the checksum let it, if it does not then don’t worry.
    7). Let Mobile ODIN Pro do it’s thing.
    8). The Aroma Installer will pop up. Leave every option as-is. The only extra options we have to select are “Wipe Data” and “Update Stock Recovery”.
    9). Let it install.
    10). Uncheck (untick) the “Reboot Device” option.
    11). If your phone reboots, then let it start up and then DO NOT set up your phone, just hold the power button and turn it off.
    12). Enter “Download Mode”.
    13). Run ODin v3.09 and click on BL and select the OEA Bootloader File and click on CP and select the OD3 CP File.
    14). Make sure Auto-reboot is not checked.
    15). Now, hold down the power key and turn off your phone.
    16). Boot into “Recovery Mode” by holding the POWER + MENU (HOME BUTTON) + VOLUME UP keys. You will see a msg at the bottom Applying Multi-csc which is essential to prevent your phone from entering boot-loop or crashing after the Samsung LOGO.
    17). “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” and “Wipe Cache Partition”.
    18). Reboot your phone and set it up. But DO NOT install any app, my opinion or suggestion is not to connect your google account just yet.
    19). After the phone has booted, open play store and connect your GMAIL Account and install Root Checker from Playstore.
    20). Do not open any app and do not install anything.
    21). Turn off your phone and wait for 2 – 5 mins.
    22). Turn it back on and open Root Checker and grant it SU permission.
    23). Then open SuperSU, update the binary if asked and set it up as you like.
    24). Have fun, you now have a Rooted Lollipop 5.0 Phone on the latest Build Number OEAwithout Tripping KNOX :)

Updated and Maintained as of 19th June 2015.

Consider buying me a couple of beers for my contribution
    I think my team has been able to come up with the solution.
    Can you make a new rom based on N9005DXUGBOF1 ?

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

I can but I stopped working on Samsung mainly because of knox issues.

I work on Sony now.

I will check if I have some free time from my schedule to make the rom you are asking for, but no promises at the moment.
    A simple qstn..does ticking everroot option alone root the stock rom we add to MOP? I suppose supersu.zip should too be added to MoP prior flashing. Is dat KingMak?

Everroot only Preserves your ROOT, IT DOES NOT root your phone.

It only preserves it. In case you have a rom with Root enabled in it, then this option is unchecked because it can create issues with root while flashing and worse-case-scenario, you end up with a buggy root or no root at all.

PS: I have added my rom to the Guide.
    thnks a ton KINGMAK.

Sincerely,
    KINGMAK