FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROOT GUIDE] KNOX 0x0 NOTE 3 LTE (SM-N9005) LOLLIPOP DB 5.0 KNOX 0x0 [ROOT GUIDE]

179 posts
Thanks Meter: 258

By xTPTBx, Senior Member on 26th April 2015, 12:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd May 2015, 09:58 AM |#11  
Flag God's Own Country>>Venice of the East
Thanks Meter: 4

More
thnks a ton KINGMAK.
Hey is there a way to saferoot stock Lollipop ROM rather than using the dev based one? Will u post a guide on that regardless of the post u added recently that u wont write guides on knox 0x0, since ur Knox is tripped I am eagerly waiting for that guide frnd.

Also, how to enable knox apps, container and all that on this dev based ROM? Is that possible?
If not, will I be able to use Knox apps, container in future? I suppose that a stock ROM should be flashed to get that. Is that?

3rd May 2015, 10:19 AM |#12  
Quote:
Originally Posted by sword_fish89

thnks a ton KINGMAK.
Hey is there a way to saferoot stock Lollipop ROM rather than using the dev based one? Will u post a guide on that regardless of the post u added recently that u wont write guides on knox 0x0, since ur Knox is tripped I am eagerly waiting for that guide frnd.

Also, how to enable knox apps, container and all that on this dev based ROM? Is that possible?
If not, will I be able to use Knox apps, container in future? I suppose that a stock ROM should be flashed to get that. Is that?

Yes it is possible. The dev_base is not entirely different from the Stock ROM. You would need to use the same procedure but the only change that would be required is the flashing of the Stock Based ROM.

I can make a rom with KNOX apps enabled but the root in the system will always remove/disable the KNOX apps since knox tries to reset the root.

Since the very beginning of KNOX system, the security is lost when you root your device. KNOX cannot be used and I doubt anyone will ever try to make them work.

Sincerely,
KINGMAK
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xTPTBx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xTPTBx Ad-Free
3rd May 2015, 10:39 AM |#13  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXKINGMAKXxX

Yes it is possible. The dev_base is not entirely different from the Stock ROM. You would need to use the same procedure but the only change that would be required is the flashing of the Stock Based ROM.

I can make a rom with KNOX apps enabled but the root in the system will always remove/disable the KNOX apps since knox tries to reset the root.

Since the very beginning of KNOX system, the security is lost when you root your device. KNOX cannot be used and I doubt anyone will ever try to make them work.

Sincerely,
KINGMAK

So that means should I add Stock rom from sammy (BOB6.zip) in Mobile Odin pro as mentioned in step 4. of part 3 instead of N9005XXUGBOB6_DevBase_alexndr.zip file?

If so, do i need to flash BOB6's bootloader and modem again via desktop Odin? Plz clarify..
3rd May 2015, 12:29 PM |#14  
Quote:

So that means should I add Stock rom from sammy (BOB6.zip) in Mobile Odin pro as mentioned in step 4. of part 3 instead of N9005XXUGBOB6_DevBase_alexndr.zip file?

If so, do i need to flash BOB6's bootloader and modem again via desktop Odin? Plz clarify..

Well you can flash the stock rom zip package of OB6 and it might b necessary to flash the bootloader too since it has been reported that if people don't flash the OB6 bootloader they end up with bootloop issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to xTPTBx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xTPTBx Ad-Free
3rd May 2015, 01:37 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Thank you. Followed your guide and managed to get Lollipop into my phone with root privileges. Flashed Xposed alpha via mobile odin and now my phone is stucked in a bootloop. Went to recovery to do a factory reset but it is still the same. What should I do to restore my phone?

Would it be fine following part 1 and 2 , although I am running the newest bootloader?
3rd May 2015, 02:48 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
if i already trip my knox 0x1 can it be changed to 0x0 with this method?sorry newbie question
3rd May 2015, 03:05 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:

Well you can flash the stock rom zip package of OB6 and it might b necessary to flash the bootloader too since it has been reported that if people don't flash the OB6 bootloader they end up with bootloop issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erevoz

if i already trip my knox 0x1 can it be changed to 0x0 with this method?sorry newbie question

No. This is to preserve 0x0. It won't change 0x1 to 0x0.
3rd May 2015, 04:39 PM |#18  
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvin2212

Thank you. Followed your guide and managed to get Lollipop into my phone with root privileges. Flashed Xposed alpha via mobile odin and now my phone is stucked in a bootloop. Went to recovery to do a factory reset but it is still the same. What should I do to restore my phone?

Would it be fine following part 1 and 2 , although I am running the newest bootloader?

Flash the CP and Bootloader files. Then wipe your data and cache partitions am all should be fine.
3rd May 2015, 07:06 PM |#19  
Flag Gods Own Country!!
Thanks Meter: 297

Donate to Me
More
Once the whole setup is complete and i wanted to debloat the rom, can i just install thru mop the dev base rom? Is it necessary to do the bl and cp again?
3rd May 2015, 07:32 PM |#20  

More
Quote:

Thnx for the reply KingMak. But i hav few mre doubts.
1. Suppose if i use stock rom bob6.tar.md5 in mobile odin, how do we get that Rom rooted?
Should i tick everroot option and add supersu zip file and then flash to do that?

2. Does dev base (by alexndr) zip package include root installer? Is everroot option unticked for this reason?

3. Can we saferoot(knox 0x0) note 3 sm 9005 using the same method for s4 as posted by xda member Tyxerakias? Plz have a look>> forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4/general/rooted-stock-lollipop-5-0-1-knox-0x0-t3061536
3rd May 2015, 07:51 PM |#21  
Quote:

Thnx for the reply KingMak. But i hav few mre doubts.
1. Suppose if i use stock rom bob6.tar.md5 in mobile odin, how do we get that Rom rooted?
Should i tick everroot option and add supersu zip file and then flash to do that?

2. Does dev base (by alexndr) zip package include root installer? Is everroot option unticked for this reason?

3. Can we saferoot(knox 0x0) note 3 sm 9005 using the same method for s4 as posted by xda member Tyxerakias? Plz have a look>> forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4/general/rooted-stock-lollipop-5-0-1-knox-0x0-t3061536

Theoretically yes that method should work and I just tested it. It worked for me on my note 3. But I would avoid using that since the CSC files sometimes create issues later.

Also, you need to cook your ROM into a ZIP package, don't use tar.md5 packages.

Zip ROMS are used because you can inject root into them and when you flash them with MOP they don't trip knox, a second reason is that you then don't need to tick the everroot options.

With tar.md5 package you would need to use the everroot option as you dont have root injected into it already but as suggested in the thread you linked if you were to just check everroot and not the functions under it, you should be fine.

And yes the reason why I am suggesting you to cook your own ROM with root enabled or using Alexander dev base is because you will have root builtin so no chance of it messing up after flashing.
The Following User Says Thank You to xTPTBx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xTPTBx Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
5.0, lollipop, lte, note 3, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)