UPSM and Emergency mode N9005 Lollipop (update) Fixed Call issue

Search This thread

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
UPSM and Emergency mode N9005 Lollipop[ For Deodexed ROM only]

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Here attached UPSM for N9005 Lollipop based on NL8, I haven't test it as I don't have device. Report me if any issue.

Installation :
Flash attached UPSM_N9005 zip from CWM/TWRP.
I have added backup script and If anything go wrong, you can simply flash attached UPSM_N9005_restore.zip to revert.

Use :
There will be UPSM application in drawer to enable UPSM/Emergency mode. Alternatively you can add Toggle with sqlite. (I have added preactivated Toggle for N900 without needs of sQlite, if time permit will do it for N9005)

Bugs :
On activating UPSM/Emergency mode some app will FC like Shealth and play music but I believe if you port these app from S5/N4 then it should not cause FC (Will work later on it)
Though UPSM will work fine.

UPSM Manager(Optional) : Here is UPSM manager, you can use to add any app to use in UPSM. Just to remember if app doesn't seems in list even after reboot, then clear data of emergency manager service , Emergency launcher and Emergency provider.

Call Issue fixed. Credit @zamcum for fixing call issue.

Attachments

• UPSM_N9005_restore.zip
    190 KB · Views: 1,644
  • Screenshot_01-20-2015_14.37.47.png
    Screenshot_01-20-2015_14.37.47.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 21,637
  • Screenshot_01-20-2015_14.33.28.png
    Screenshot_01-20-2015_14.33.28.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 17,671
  • Screenshot_01-20-2015_14.36.04.png
    Screenshot_01-20-2015_14.36.04.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 17,632
  • UPSM_N9005.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 2,533
Last edited:

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
Thanks for the hard work @dr.ketan :). I enabled UPSM and calls are not working .... first time got fc on my magazines (no biggie). I called DaxGirl several times - it dials but I can't hear nothing and she doesn't hear me :(. Any solution for this ?
Also my nova got wiped (the widgets needed re-activating for some reason), no biggie as well.
Thanks,

Thomas

Last edited:
Reactions: damca

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
For some reason there is no building of ART after you push services.jar. I am rebuilding whole ART now and will report how it goes :)

Thomas

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

For some reason there is no building of ART after you push services.jar. I am rebuilding whole ART now and will report how it goes :)

Thomas

No go, ART rebuild - same result. Nova wiped, multiple FC on background running apps and no Calling (nothing heard on both sides) possible.

Thomas

Last edited:
Reactions: daxgirl

maxtinfort

Dec 13, 2011
Thanks for the hard work @dr.ketan :). I enabled UPSM and calls are not working .... first time got fc on my magazines (no biggie). I called DaxGirl several times - it dials but I can't hear nothing and she doesn't hear me :(. Any solution for this ?
Also my nova got wiped (the widgets needed re-activating for some reason), no biggie as well.
Thanks,

Thomas

When you restored with the file attached. .. is everything okay and no FCs?

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
When you restored with the file attached. .. is everything okay and no FCs?

Yes it's fine. Does the mod work for you? The restore script is partial. Restores the backed up jar but doesn't delete the useless apps left behind. Delete them by hand ....
Want to know if this works for anyone on 9005, so far no reports.

Thomas

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

damca

Mar 2, 2012
Thanks,

Thomas
I have same problems on 9005. After disable the UPSM and reactivating nova widgets and restart everything is ok without use restore script. Big thanks too dr.ketan.

Last edited:

damca

Mar 2, 2012
I try again and here is everything same (no hear sound of call and the men who I calling not hear me, the menu, home back button not function) and after exit from UPSM everything working good again without restart only I must reactivating widgets in nova launcher again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPSM and Emergency mode N9005 Lollipop[ For Deodexed ROM only]

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Here attached UPSM for N9005 Lollipop based on NL8, I haven't test it as I don't have device. Report me if any issue.

Installation :
    Flash attached UPSM_N9005 zip from CWM/TWRP.
    I have added backup script and If anything go wrong, you can simply flash attached UPSM_N9005_restore.zip to revert.

Use :
    There will be UPSM application in drawer to enable UPSM/Emergency mode. Alternatively you can add Toggle with sqlite. (I have added preactivated Toggle for N900 without needs of sQlite, if time permit will do it for N9005)

Bugs :
    On activating UPSM/Emergency mode some app will FC like Shealth and play music but I believe if you port these app from S5/N4 then it should not cause FC (Will work later on it)
    Though UPSM will work fine.

UPSM Manager(Optional) : Here is UPSM manager, you can use to add any app to use in UPSM. Just to remember if app doesn't seems in list even after reboot, then clear data of emergency manager service , Emergency launcher and Emergency provider.

Call Issue fixed. Credit @zamcum for fixing call issue.

You mean call sound not working only while UPSM is on?

Sent from my SM-N910G using xda premium

I think this bug is fixed
    Please can someone confirm whether you can hear and be heard with the version below?
    If all running well, it could be placed on the OP, and a big thanks to the DR ketan for another fabulous mod.

If you do not want to have a fc in some particular application, place it in the application list with UPSM manager

many thanks Doc
    Thank you for fix . Actually bug existing on SD version only. We N900 users don't have it. I will update to OP as soon getting confirmation.
    Regards

I have tested and call working fine on my N900
    Ok will check again today. Weired thing is no issue on n900