Battery Drain For KitKat 4.4.2

Search This thread

Camela

Aug 25, 2012
Same issue

BUMP

I have the same issue with battery drain after the kitkat update. "Android-system" is around 50% and phone is getting warm without been using it for a while.

Im wondering about that " recent NEE build (nordic countries)
- the battery drain is fixed !"

where to download this? i checked by KIES 3 but nothing there.

Thanks !

Camela

Aug 25, 2012
Thanks!! downloading

But i see now "about device" the basebandversion has the same name, "N9005XXUENC2 "
does it means I already have this firmware? :eek:

GenStone

Mar 2, 2014
Goulburn
I have n9005 running Singapore xsp 4.4.2 since release. I have excellent battery life better than 4.3 i'm an now getting 9+ hours of screen time. I have seen the android system quite a few times 3 or 4 but have always turned off removed battery and was fine afterwards. And have had the phone heat up for no reason once. Same thing turn off remove battery and was fine. I love the battery in this beast and am getting easy 2 hours more screen time then when on 4.3

cvxbznm

Jan 8, 2013
May anyone tell me why android system take up the biggest battery life

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396018594893.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396018594893.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 725
  • uploadfromtaptalk1396018655781.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396018655781.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 644

Camela

Aug 25, 2012
Flased the NNE firmware but the battery drain problem is still there.
The android-system is around 30-50%
Ir really hope that it will come an fix update for this very soon :confused:
this is horrible! :mad:

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

uvaman

Oct 28, 2010
Flased the NNE firmware but the battery drain problem is still there.
The android-system is around 30-50%
Ir really hope that it will come an fix update for this very soon :confused:
this is horrible! :mad:

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Factory reset plus clear dalvik and thats it

Stacman

Apr 10, 2010
I have the SM-N900T which had great battery life for the first week, until I took that damn KitKat update. The next two days I got 4 hours with little use. I did the factory reset, and it has now been on for 29 hours with 91% battery left. I still don't want KitKat because of the SD Card issue...

Griggs2121

May 21, 2012
I have really bad battery drain... I'm stock, not rooted, just upgraded to 4.4 a couple of weeks ago. I've done a factory reset and stopped a bunch of apps listed on the previous page, uninstalled skype and let my battery drain completely out. Still getting about 50% battery life as 4.3. Help plz

Last edited:

ah-see

Nov 13, 2011
I'm having the same issue with android system draining my battery:
Currently, android system is draining about 25-30% of my battery with screen time at about 20%.

Can anyone else confirm that the NEE rom for nordic countries fix this android system battery drain issue?

fookea

Mar 20, 2013
If I unbrand my phone can I flash any official build number without changing my CSC? For example I am on ORO right now and I could unbrand it. After so I can just flash NEE CSC without changing my CSC via root? I don't want to root just yet..

Camela

Aug 25, 2012
I'm having the same issue with android system draining my battery:
Currently, android system is draining about 25-30% of my battery with screen time at about 20%.

Can anyone else confirm that the NEE rom for nordic countries fix this android system battery drain issue?

I have the NEE firmware, but I'm noticed battery drain anyway.

try this, my battery seems to be better when do this:
charge to 100%
unplug charger and reboot device
when its 99%..charge to 100% and unplug charger again.

Skickat från min SM-N9005 via Tapatalk 2

roloj

Jan 15, 2009
Hi, I too have had terrible battery drain since kit kat and after Google problem saw a post saying to uninstall Skype.
I did this (and tweaked some other thkngs) and today my battery life was back to how it was before.
Before uninstalling Skype I didn't see any mention of Skype using up battery so wonder if it is an Android system thing.
Anyhow, I hope this helps someone.

hitlab1

Jun 19, 2013
So is there a fix for the 4.4 battery drain issue??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ah-see

Nov 13, 2011
So is there a fix for the 4.4 battery drain issue??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I've tried NEE with no luck and i'm currently on v12 of echoe's rom and nothing has changed. Battery still drains a lot with android system being at around 30%.

Keen to find out if anyone has solved this issue

eddhick

Nov 8, 2011
Also experiencing much worse battery life on 4.4.2 than on stock JB.

My phone no longer lasts a full day whereas before I would on average have 20-30% after a full day (roughly 9am - 11pm+) with no charge in between.

This is very annoying as the battery life was probably one of its best features! Tried the usual suggestions with not much luck, android system is always the biggest consumer and media is usually quite high up also.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Think it just needs a couple of battery cycles to even itself out.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I'm getting some decent battery life - about 20% more per day, for my average usage (ending the day around 65%), than stock (rooted). I'm running Omega v7.1.

As suggested, give it a few cycles.