FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you think this thread is useful ?

Yes

276 Vote(s)
95.17%
No

6 Vote(s)
2.07%
I don't know

8 Vote(s)
2.76%

Bootloader and Baseband ( BL and CP ) from Samsung firmware for SM-N9005

323 posts
Thanks Meter: 323

By Hereiwas, Senior Member on 1st April 2017, 08:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
BL and CP from the latest samsung firmware, for those of you who wanna try here they are! Here, SM-N9005, everything work fine, but if something goes wrong I take no responsibility. You take the risk, if you decide to use the files below! However, all the stuff, that you can find here, have been tested on my phone before to be posted

Turn off your phone, pull out battery, insert battery and by pressing and holding, vol-/power/home, go in download mode open Odin and connect to pc. Put BL in BL, CP in CP and press start Done. More detailed instructions for beginners, at the end of this post. And even if you're not a beginner, trust me.... take two minutes to read it

Download Odin 3.11.1

Download Phone INFO

Samsung Firmwares

Samsung firmware TGY build 21-10-2016 Country Hong Kong (PJ2) SM-N9005

CP_N9005ZSUGPJ2
BL_N9005ZSUGPJ2
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung firmware ZTM build 19-12-2016 Country Brazil (TIM) (PL3) SM-N9005

CP_N9005VJUGBOL1
BL_N9005VJSGBPL3
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung firmware ITV build 22-12-2016 Country Italy (PL6) SM-N9005

CP_N9005XXUGBOJ1
BL_N9005XXSGBPL6
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung firmware TMS build 27-12-2016 Country Slovakia (PL7) SM-N9005

CP_N9005XXUGBOJ1
BL_N9005XXSGBPL7
Samsung firmware VD2 build 05-01-17 Country Germany (QA1) SM-N9005

CP_N9005XXUGBOJ2
BL_N9005XXSGBQA1
Samsung firmware XSP build 12-01-17 Country Singapore (QA1) SM-N9005

CP_N9005DXUGBOK3
BL_N9005DXSGBQA1
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung firmware TNZ build 13-01-17 Country New Zeland (QA3) SM-N9005

CP_N9005XXUGBPD1
BL_N9005XXSGBQA3
Samsung firmware XSA build 13-01-17 Country Australia (QA3) SM-N9005

CP_N9005XXUGBPG1
BL_N9005XXSGBQA3
Samsung firmware NEE build 05-04-17 Country Nordic Countries (QD1) SM-N9005

CP_N9005XXUGPQB1
BL_N9005XXSGBQD1
Samsung firmware KSA build 25-04-17 Contry Saudi Arabia (QD5) SM-N9005

CP_N9005XXUGBPB1
BL_N9005XXSGBQD5
Samsung firmware HUI build 18-05-17 Country Italy (QE1) SM-N9005

CP_N9005XXUGBOA2
BL_N9005XXSGBQE1
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung firmware PHN build 31-08-18 Country Netherlands (RI1) SM-N9005

CP_N9005XXUGBOJ1
BL_N9005XXSGBRI1
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung firmware EGY build 04-12-2018 Country Egypt (RL1) SM-N9005 ( NEW! ADDED ON 18 / 03 / 19 ) Read HERE

CP_N9005XXUGBPB1
BL_N9005XXSGBRL1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below you can find some information that you should read carefully; or, however, before to post useless and repetitive questions.

Useful info thanks to @Eleo: Bootloader (a.k.a. BL) and baseband (a.k.a. modem, CP) can be flashed without changing your system (ROM, kernel, root type and etc.). They also can be flashed over and over no matter the sequence (i.e. you can flash old ones over new ones too). Bootloader contains files that run before startup (i.e. while bootanimation) with info about how to startup and find kernel. Baseband on the other hand, contains modem files for mobile data, wifi, gps, bluetooth and etc. Flashing bootloader and baseband doesnt change your csc, PIT, recovery, system.img or kernel.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks to @svbarbosa: My bootloader and modem are updated? HERE is how to check your BL and CP build date by reading the samsung firmware code. Once you get the build date, you can compare it with all the others ( build date ) already posted and determine if you need an update or not.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which BL and CP should I choose for my country? Read HERE and HERE
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can i flash a BL from a firmware, a CP from another one and vice versa? Yes, you can without any risk
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have installed the latest BL and CP does not necessarily mean that now you have found the best for your phone. You have to try and test them until you will find the ones that work better in YOUR device. Finding the right ones means to have, for example, a better signal and a lot of other things with the consequent increase of your battery life

Be sure that your phone's drivers are installed on your pc otherwise Odin will not recognize your device!
To check your BL and CP use Phone INFO ( from Play Store ) as shown in first picture below! Second, third and fourth image show the process in sequence.

IF YOU LIKE THIS THREAD PLEASE PRESS THANKS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PHONE INFO.jpg
Views:	34536
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	4100623   Click image for larger version

Name:	TT1.jpg
Views:	34154
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	4100625   Click image for larger version

Name:	TT2.jpg
Views:	34298
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	4100626   Click image for larger version

Name:	TT3.jpg
Views:	29496
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	4100627  
The Following 119 Users Say Thank You to Hereiwas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hereiwas Ad-Free

2nd April 2017, 02:46 PM |#2  
Flag Qaqortoq
Thanks Meter: 13,114

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hereiwas

BL and CP from the latest samsung firmware, for those of you who wanna try here they are here

Why did you open a new thread? There already was bootloaders and modems thread by jcadduono
The Following User Says Thank You to Eleo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eleo Ad-Free
2nd April 2017, 02:57 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Somewhere in a beautiful place full of amazing plants

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleo

Why did you open a new thread? There already was bootloaders and modems thread by jcadduno

deleted
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hereiwas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hereiwas Ad-Free
2nd April 2017, 03:00 PM |#4  
Flag Qaqortoq

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I put bl and cp in a post inside Phronesis thread because i' ve had always problems to find them when i was not able to extract . I know about Jcadduono

Hmm. Ok I see now.Good luck then

P.S. If openning new thread, you might give a download link for odin too for new users. And some technical guide to "how to check your present bootloader by phone info samsung" app and etc. OP should be rich
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eleo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eleo Ad-Free
2nd April 2017, 03:22 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Somewhere in a beautiful place full of amazing plants

More
Quote:

Hmm. Ok I see now. That is the problem with stuff you share. Not only bl and cp, zips and fixes too.
Good luck then

P.S. If openning new thread, you might give a download link for odin too for new users. And some technical guide to "how to check your present bootloader by phone info samsung" app and etc. OP should be rich

Eleo do me a favour please delete my post in your answer, I have no desire to continue to fight over these trifles Thanks man
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hereiwas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hereiwas Ad-Free
2nd April 2017, 03:26 PM |#6  
Flag Qaqortoq

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Eleo do me a favour please delete my post in your answer,

I just cut it. Otherwise it would look stupid
The Following User Says Thank You to Eleo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eleo Ad-Free
5th April 2017, 03:34 PM |#8  
Flag Belo Horizonte
Thanks Meter: 294

More
Thanks a lot, mate! Nice to see all organized!

It was reallky hard to find the newest ones! Will flash the ZTN!

Have a nice week!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sauliiin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sauliiin Ad-Free
7th April 2017, 01:23 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Newbyish question
I have been flashing roms to my Note 3 for some time now touch wood I have never totally killed it, a few bootloops and Samsung flash screens but all in all pretty cool.

I currently have DarkLord Reborn v3 about to go to v4 of this rom. If there is a better edge rom that people can suggesst even better but this one seems pretty ok.

I have tried getting the right BL and CP for my Note 3 but I am never really sure if I get the right ones as I dont quite know what im looking for in the name to be assured I have the right one.

Sam Mobile seems to have a couple of variations for my phone and I havent got a scooby doo which one is really for my phone.

My Phone is SM-N9005
Im in the UK
And I use the BTU thing ?

Can anyone point me to the exact ones I should have please

Thank you,
Carlton
7th April 2017, 01:38 PM |#10  
Flag Qaqortoq

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlton1972uk

I currently have DarkLord Reborn v3 about to go to v4 of this rom. If there is a better edge rom that people can suggesst even better but this one seems pretty ok.

You can use this tool and flash 2 3 or even 5 ROMs to your phone and switch between them with only one restart. That way you can see which you like more or less.

Saying one ROM/kernel/app/mod is better than other is not good since all the ROMs were built by devs for you for free. You are free to choose but not judge which is better or worse. You cab try and decode for yourself.

I hope I am clear
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlton1972uk

I have tried getting the right BL and CP for my Note 3 but I am never really sure if I get the right ones as I dont quite know what im looking for in the name to be assured I have the right one.

Sam Mobile seems to have a couple of variations for my phone and I havent got a scooby doo which one is really for my phone.

My Phone is SM-N9005
Im in the UK
And I use the BTU thing ?

Can anyone point me to the exact ones I should have please

Thank you,
Carlton

You can use the BL and CP on OP since they are for N9005. You can flash them on top of each other, even old one on top of new one. Just follow the steps on OP. That way you can test and see whether they are good for you. Mostly, for bootloader, the rule is newer the better. But that is not case for baseband (CP) since it also affects your gps status. Just flash them and see which is good for you
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eleo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eleo Ad-Free
7th April 2017, 01:59 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

You can use this tool and flash 2 3 or even 5 ROMs to your phone and switch between them with only one restart. That way you can see which you like more or less.

Saying one ROM/kernel/app/mod is better than other is not good since all the ROMs were built by devs for you for free. You are free to choose but not judge which is better or worse. You cab try and decode for yourself.

I hope I am clear

You can use the BL and CP on OP since they are for N9005. You can flash them on top of each other, even old one on top of new one. Just follow the steps on OP. That way you can test and see whether they are good for you. Mostly, for bootloader, the rule is newer the better. But that is not case for baseband (CP) since it also affects your gps status. Just flash them and see which is good for you

Thank you Eleo, I will look into this a little further, and I agree that all the ROMs I have used have all been brilliant in their own ways, so thank you again
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
baseband, firmware samsung, modem, note 3 direct bl and cp download, sm-n9005

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)