• Yes

Votes: 338 93.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • I don't know

Votes: 14 3.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread
BL and CP from the latest samsung firmware, for those of you who wanna try here they are! Here, SM-N9005, everything work fine, but if something goes wrong I take no responsibility. You take the risk, if you decide to use the files below! However, all the stuff, that you can find here, have been tested on my phone before to be posted

Turn off your phone, pull out battery, insert battery and by pressing and holding, vol-/power/home, go in download mode open Odin and connect to pc. Put BL in BL, CP in CP and press start Done. More detailed instructions for beginners, at the end of this post. And even if you're not a beginner, trust me.... take two minutes to read it ;)

Download Odin 3.11.1

Download Phone INFO

Samsung Firmwares

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung firmware EGY build 04-12-2018 Country Egypt (RL1) SM-N9005 ( NEW! ADDED ON 18 / 03 / 19 ) Read HERE

CP_N9005XXUGPQB1
BL_N9005XXSGBRL1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions & Answers
Below you can find some information that you should read carefully; or, however, before to post useless and repetitive questions.

Useful info thanks to @Eleo: Bootloader (a.k.a. BL) and baseband (a.k.a. modem, CP) can be flashed without changing your system (ROM, kernel, root type and etc.). They also can be flashed over and over no matter the sequence (i.e. you can flash old ones over new ones too). Bootloader contains files that run before startup (i.e. while bootanimation) with info about how to startup and find kernel. Baseband on the other hand, contains modem files for mobile data, wifi, gps, bluetooth and etc. Flashing bootloader and baseband doesnt change your csc, PIT, recovery, system.img or kernel.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks to @svbarbosa: My bootloader and modem are updated? HERE is how to check your BL and CP build date by reading the samsung firmware code. Once you get the build date, you can compare it with all the others ( build date ) already posted and determine if you need an update or not.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which BL and CP should I choose for my country? Read HERE and HERE
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can i flash a BL from a firmware, a CP from another one and vice versa? Yes, you can without any risk
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have installed the latest BL and CP does not necessarily mean that now you have found the best for your phone. You have to try and test them until you will find the ones that work better in YOUR device. Finding the right ones means to have, for example, a better signal and a lot of other things with the consequent increase of your battery life

Be sure that your phone's drivers are installed on your pc otherwise Odin will not recognize your device!
To check your BL and CP use Phone INFO ( from Play Store ) as shown in first picture below! Second, third and fourth image show the process in sequence.

IF YOU LIKE THIS THREAD PLEASE PRESS THANKS

Attachments

• TT1.jpg
    TT1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 41,634
  • TT2.jpg
    TT2.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 41,883
  • TT3.jpg
    TT3.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 36,086
Last edited:

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Essen, Germany
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 6
I put bl and cp in a post inside Phronesis thread because i' ve had always problems to find them when i was not able to extract . I know about Jcadduono
Hmm. Ok I see now.Good luck then;)

P.S. If openning new thread, you might give a download link for odin too for new users. And some technical guide to "how to check your present bootloader by phone info samsung" app and etc. OP should be rich
:eek:

Last edited:
Hmm. Ok I see now. That is the problem with stuff you share. Not only bl and cp, zips and fixes too.
Good luck then;)

P.S. If openning new thread, you might give a download link for odin too for new users. And some technical guide to "how to check your present bootloader by phone info samsung" app and etc. OP should be rich
:eek:
Eleo do me a favour please delete my post in your answer, I have no desire to continue to fight over these trifles Thanks man

carlton1972uk

Dec 25, 2015
Newbyish question

I have been flashing roms to my Note 3 for some time now :) touch wood I have never totally killed it, a few bootloops and Samsung flash screens but all in all pretty cool.

I currently have DarkLord Reborn v3 about to go to v4 of this rom. If there is a better edge rom that people can suggesst even better but this one seems pretty ok.

I have tried getting the right BL and CP for my Note 3 but I am never really sure if I get the right ones as I dont quite know what im looking for in the name to be assured I have the right one.

Sam Mobile seems to have a couple of variations for my phone and I havent got a scooby doo which one is really for my phone.

My Phone is SM-N9005
Im in the UK
And I use the BTU thing ? :)

Can anyone point me to the exact ones I should have please :)

Thank you,
Carlton

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Essen, Germany
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 6
I currently have DarkLord Reborn v3 about to go to v4 of this rom. If there is a better edge rom that people can suggesst even better but this one seems pretty ok.
You can use this tool and flash 2 3 or even 5 ROMs to your phone and switch between them with only one restart. That way you can see which you like more or less.

Saying one ROM/kernel/app/mod is better than other is not good since all the ROMs were built by devs for you for free. You are free to choose but not judge which is better or worse. You cab try and decode for yourself.

I hope I am clear
I have tried getting the right BL and CP for my Note 3 but I am never really sure if I get the right ones as I dont quite know what im looking for in the name to be assured I have the right one.

Sam Mobile seems to have a couple of variations for my phone and I havent got a scooby doo which one is really for my phone.

My Phone is SM-N9005
Im in the UK

Thank you,
Carlton
You can use the BL and CP on OP since they are for N9005. You can flash them on top of each other, even old one on top of new one. Just follow the steps on OP. That way you can test and see whether they are good for you. Mostly, for bootloader, the rule is newer the better. But that is not case for baseband (CP) since it also affects your gps status. Just flash them and see which is good for you

Last edited:

carlton1972uk

Dec 25, 2015
You can use this tool and flash 2 3 or even 5 ROMs to your phone and switch between them with only one restart. That way you can see which you like more or less.

Saying one ROM/kernel/app/mod is better than other is not good since all the ROMs were built by devs for you for free. You are free to choose but not judge which is better or worse. You cab try and decode for yourself.

I hope I am clear

You can use the BL and CP on OP since they are for N9005. You can flash them on top of each other, even old one on top of new one. Just follow the steps on OP. That way you can test and see whether they are good for you. Mostly, for bootloader, the rule is newer the better. But that is not case for baseband (CP) since it also affects your gps status. Just flash them and see which is good for you

Thank you Eleo, I will look into this a little further, and I agree that all the ROMs I have used have all been brilliant in their own ways, so thank you again :)

NMBNMB

Jan 1, 1970
XSG is only the firmware's region not the phone model! CP and BL in OP are for SM-N9005 ( Note3 ) only

XSG, TGY, ZTM, TMS, TNZ, XSA are all CSC for firmware specific for a region.
My question was/is, can I flash different region CP, BL to N9005 from another region. For e.g. Can I flash CP & BL from TGY to N9005 from XSG?

Reactions: AliAsifAliAsif

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Essen, Germany
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 6
XSG, TGY, ZTM, TMS, TNZ, XSA are all CSC for firmware specific for a region.
My question was/is, can I flash different region CP, BL to N9005 from another region. For e.g. Can I flash CP & BL from TGY to N9005 from XSG?
And without any harm as N9005 TGY has 16GB PIT and XSG has 32GB PIT
You are confusing firmware and PIT with bootloader (BL) and baseband (CP). Firmware contains bootloader, baseband, csc, recovery, system.img and kernel. Pit file is completely different file, it is rarely used and is for repartitioning of phone memory (as you said, for 16 and 32 GB separately). There are also custom PIT files (as for increasing /system or /data partitions for some reason). Bootloader and baseband alone do not contain PIT file, csc, recovery, system.img or kernel.

Baseband contains modem file for mobile data, wifi, gps, bluetooth and etc. Bootloader contains mbn files as primary bootloader (aboot.mbn), secondary bootloader (sbl.mbn) and etc. They only change modem and bootloader, but not csc, PIT, recovery, system.img or kernel.

I hope it is clear.

P.S. @Hereiwas you can copy this info to OP. It would help some users to not be confused

Last edited:

NMBNMB

Jan 1, 1970
You are confusing firmware and PIT with bootloader (BL) and baseband (CP). Firmware contains bootloader, baseband, csc, recovery, system.img and kernel. Pit file is completely different file, it is rarely used and is for repartitioning of phone memory (as you said, for 16 and 32 GB separately). There are also custom PIT files (as for increasing /system or /data partitions for some reason). Bootloader and baseband alone do not contain PIT file, csc, recovery, system.img or kernel.

Baseband contains modem file for mobile data, wifi, gps, bluetooth and etc. Bootloader contains mbn files as primary bootloader (aboot.mbn), secondary bootloader (sbl.mbn) and etc. They only change modem and bootloader, but not csc, PIT, recovery, system.img or kernel.

I hope it is clear.

Crystal clear.
Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BL and CP from the latest samsung firmware, for those of you who wanna try here they are! Here, SM-N9005, everything work fine, but if something goes wrong I take no responsibility. You take the risk, if you decide to use the files below! However, all the stuff, that you can find here, have been tested on my phone before to be posted

Turn off your phone, pull out battery, insert battery and by pressing and holding, vol-/power/home, go in download mode open Odin and connect to pc. Put BL in BL, CP in CP and press start Done. More detailed instructions for beginners, at the end of this post. And even if you're not a beginner, trust me.... take two minutes to read it ;)

Download Odin 3.11.1

Download Phone INFO

Samsung Firmwares

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Samsung firmware EGY build 04-12-2018 Country Egypt (RL1) SM-N9005 ( NEW! ADDED ON 18 / 03 / 19 ) Read HERE

CP_N9005XXUGPQB1
    BL_N9005XXSGBRL1
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions & Answers
    Below you can find some information that you should read carefully; or, however, before to post useless and repetitive questions.

Useful info thanks to @Eleo: Bootloader (a.k.a. BL) and baseband (a.k.a. modem, CP) can be flashed without changing your system (ROM, kernel, root type and etc.). They also can be flashed over and over no matter the sequence (i.e. you can flash old ones over new ones too). Bootloader contains files that run before startup (i.e. while bootanimation) with info about how to startup and find kernel. Baseband on the other hand, contains modem files for mobile data, wifi, gps, bluetooth and etc. Flashing bootloader and baseband doesnt change your csc, PIT, recovery, system.img or kernel.
    Thanks to @svbarbosa: My bootloader and modem are updated? HERE is how to check your BL and CP build date by reading the samsung firmware code. Once you get the build date, you can compare it with all the others ( build date ) already posted and determine if you need an update or not.
    Which BL and CP should I choose for my country? Read HERE and HERE
    Can i flash a BL from a firmware, a CP from another one and vice versa? Yes, you can without any risk
    Have installed the latest BL and CP does not necessarily mean that now you have found the best for your phone. You have to try and test them until you will find the ones that work better in YOUR device. Finding the right ones means to have, for example, a better signal and a lot of other things with the consequent increase of your battery life

Be sure that your phone's drivers are installed on your pc otherwise Odin will not recognize your device!
    To check your BL and CP use Phone INFO ( from Play Store ) as shown in first picture below! Second, third and fourth image show the process in sequence.

IF YOU LIKE THIS THREAD PLEASE PRESS THANKS
    The thread is reopened, for the moment none of the old links is working. It will be my pleasure to update the same when Samsung releases something new! I want to remind you that if you do not leave your appreciation for the work I share with you through a "thank you", I will close the thread again immediately! I REALLY HOPE, this time, that I was clear!
    P.s. As soon as I find some time, I put the modem and the bootloder you see in my signature online. I put them back online because they are the latest ones available from samsung
    (FOR "N9005" MODEL ONLY, ALSO KNOWN AS "hlte")
    Since all links in the topic are dead. I downloaded EGY (Egypt) and NEE (Nordic Countries) firmwares, extracted the bootloader (BL_RL1) and baseband (CP_QB1) from them, respectively. The baseband itself solved a very weird bug for me which was sound quality issues like crackling on lineage or AOSP roms in general. I've decided to share them with you in the attachments as they are the most stable ones with custom roms. They are odin flashable tar files, download and add them to BL and CP, then press start, and wait for odin to show "PASS!" in green color.
    Now, you all take from this thread and only few of you are able to say thank you! Now unfortunately I am tired, find what you need alone! Here the game is over

I hope I am clear

My Phone is SM-N9005
    Im in the UK

Thank you,
    Carlton