[Direct Download] Latest Bootloaders & Modems

Search This thread

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com
I can't keep my mirror up due to increasing need for more space with all the projects I'm working on, sorry guys.

DOWNLOAD

You can find Odin at:
https://build.nethunter.com/samsung-tools

I am no longer hosting firmware for the Note 3. fw.updato.com provides an alternative, and allows wget/curl. (with --referer="link to the download page"))
Example:
N900W8VLU2DPG1 - MTA clicked on at http://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model?q=N900W8
Code:
wget "http://fws01.updato.com/GALAXYNOTE3/SM-N900W8/BMC/SM-N900W8_1_20160729160241_v4dg1gvbce.zip" --referer="http://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model?record=3C39D6E6701111E69B2DFA163EE8F90B"

READ INSTRUCTIONS BELOW, OR IT WON'T STICK AFTER FLASHING!

Each zip file contains a _HOME.tar.md5 containing each flashable partition of your device. You can flash the entire tar.md5 for a complete factory restore, or you can extract individual partitions and re-tar them to make individual flashable partition files. There's a tool for tarring them here:
https://build.nethunter.com/samsung-tools/img2tar.zip

GETTING YOUR FIRMWARE TO STICK

When flashing bootloaders (BL) and modems (CP), you must cold boot your phone for the flash to succeed.
To perform a cold boot into Odin, follow these instructions carefully:
  1. Power down your phone
  2. Unplug any cables from your phone
  3. Pull the back cover off and remove the battery completely
  4. Place the battery back in your phone (there is no need to wait)
  5. Place 1 finger on volume down key, and 1 finger on home key
  6. While holding those keys down, place another finger on the power key
  7. Release the finger from the power key when you feel a vibrate
  8. Release your other fingers once you see the Odin warning screen
  9. You may plug your phone cable back into the phone now, or after the next step
  10. Press volume up key to enter Download mode

SOME ODIN OPTIONS EXPLAINED

Auto Reboot - Once the firmware finishes flashing, the phone will attempt to reboot into your current ROM
Re-Partition - Used to flash a PIT file over the current one. See more information below.
F. Reset Time - Enabled by default. Not entirely sure what it does yet.
Nand Erase All - May have different effects on other devices. On the Note 3, it wipes the just the userdata partition to zeros. (your ROM settings, apps, and internal storage)
Phone Bootloader Update - Doesn't seem necessary to select when flashing bootloaders from cold boot, so unsure of purpose.
Phone EFS Clear - Reformats your EFS partition. This deletes calibration data and some small caches, you will want to flash full stock ROM when using this so it can properly restore itself. It's safe to use, and won't wipe your IMEI.
I advise not touching the other options!

When flashing firmware, you can and should leave the default options selected. Confirm that it is just Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.

RE-PARTITIONING

Re-partitioning may be necessary in the rare scenario that updating to a newer firmware requires more storage than is available in the current layout.

It is possible to back up your PIT file (partition layout) for flashing in Odin later on or sharing with others that are having trouble flashing firmware that you were able to successfully flash.
PIT files are model specific!
Do not flash a PIT file for N9005 on an N900W8 for example. The partition layout will end up pointing to the wrong locations and you'll end up with a blank IMEI / EFS partition or worse.
If you want to back up your PIT file, you must have a rooted phone or be in TWRP which is an environment already running with root privileges.
Executing these commands will back up your PIT to a file (your-device-name.pit) on your internal storage:
su
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of="/sdcard/$(getprop ro.product.name).pit" bs=16 skip=1088 count=257

You can open the PIT file in a text editor and make sure it starts with v˜4 to be ensure validity.

Restoring a PIT file is as simple as using the PIT tab in Odin and putting it in the box there, then selecting the Re-Partition checkbox in Options tab. Re-Partitioning will not delete any data, however if your PIT file varies from your previous then partition locations may point to completely different places resulting in a no longer functioning modem or worse, a bricked phone.

WIPING YOUR DATA FOR RESALE

You can use the Nand Erase All option in Odin to make your Userdata partition unrecoverable. When the Userdata partition is nand secure erased, all data on it becomes zeros.
In order for Nand Erase option to work, you need to fill an Odin slot. Flashing your bootloader in the BL slot is usually a safe method.
Most ROMs (kernel boot images actually) can't recover from this and will not boot. In order to fix this you have to boot into a recovery.
  • In TWRP: Go to Wipe -> Format Data -> type "yes" -> Go
  • In stock recovery: Use the "factory data reset" option
Both of these perform identical procedures that restore a proper format and ext4 layout to your Userdata partition.
ROMs should now be able to boot.

You can confirm through TWRP that your userdata partition has indeed been secure erased by typing in adb or terminal:
hexdump /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata
It should display:
0000000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000

After a few minutes it should complete. The asterisk means that hexdump found that same last row of data (0000...) repeating.

CHANGES
  • 2016-02-26 - Add Nordic SM-N9005XX firmware N9005XXUGPOK2
  • 2016-01-12 - Add SM-N9005XX firmware N9005XXUGBOL3 and N9005XXUGBOJ2 (modem)
  • 2016-01-01 - Add Mexican SM-N900W8UB firmware N900W8UBU2DOL1 and N900W8UBU2DOK1 (modem)
  • 2016-01-01 - Add T-Mobile SM-N900T firmware N900TUVUFOL1
  • 2016-01-01 - Add Exynos SM-N900XX firmware N900XXUEBOL2
  • 2015-12-18 - Add Exynos SM-N900UB firmware N900UBUEBOK1
  • 2015-12-15 - Add Exynos SM-N900XX firmware N900XXUEBOK7 and N900XXUEBOK3 (modem)
  • 2015-12-15 - Add Exynos SM-N900ZS firmware N900ZSUEBOK3 and N900XXUEBOK3 (modem)
  • 2015-12-15 - Add SM-N9005DX firmware N9005DXUGBOK3
  • 2015-12-15 - Add SM-N9005XX firmware N9005XXUGBOK9 and N9005XXUGBOD3 (modem)
  • 2015-12-15 - Add SM-N9005ZS firmware N9005ZSUGOK2
  • 2015-12-15 - Add KT Corporation SM-N900K firmware N900KKKU0GOK3 & N900KKKUGOJ4 (modem) (thanks to Freyelis)
  • 2015-12-11 - Add SK Telecom SM-N900S firmware N900SKSU0GOK3 & N900SKSU0GOJ4 (modem)
  • 2015-12-11 - Add LG Uplus SM-N900L firmware N900LKLU0GOK3
  • 2015-12-02 - Add Sprint SM-N900P firmware N900PVPUEOK2

Last edited:

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com
Maybe I just wanna fit in with everybody else!!!!!!!!11

It just seems like a better idea to make all the latest modems and bootloaders for every variant easily available for people who don't want to wipe their custom ROMs or in case of emergencies.
Everything seems to be spread out among multiple threads, and some variants don't even have firmware threads.

Also this post gives me somewhere to send people to when I need it, regardless of what Note 3 variant they have!

Last edited:
There are numerous threads regarding Bootloader and Modems, but none as good as this :).

Thanks for the effort mate, while this is supposed to be for Note 3, some information inside has a lot of stuff inside worthy of forwarding people to, pretty much a lot of general Samsung stuff explained.

:good:

EDIT: just wanted to add one thing. Sammy tends to confuse us, and we tend to inherit that confusion to other users. I.e, CP and BL are not consistently the same, we have right now K6 as a BL, but the modem seems still to be K1.

We should have a way to identify the real internals through *OUR* naming conventions.

Last edited:

cyphex

May 15, 2005
Nicosia
guys
I am facing very low gsm signals after installing a custom rom
I cleaned flashed it wiping al that was needed
Anyway to check if i am using a wrong modem where i am located?

Reactions: darineraka

HazeMC

Aug 25, 2014
HIdalgo
5.1.1 BL and CP?

I using N900W8 (hltcan) on 5.1.1 and im facing some Camera issues, some memers suggested me to update my BL.

This is my BL and CP version; n900w8UBUCNH1

im trying to flash OK6 BL and CP but odin fails every time (FAILED! auth)
(Does OK6 is a newer version? maybe thats the problem)
I've already disabled Device manager, remote controls and reactivation lock.

This:
BL UBU2DOI2
CP UBU2DOE4

are a newer version than UBUCNH1? do they work on 5.1.1?

thanks in advance!

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com
I using N900W8 (hltcan) on 5.1.1 and im facing some Camera issues, some memers suggested me to update my BL.

This is my BL and CP version; n900w8UBUCNH1

im trying to flash OK6 BL and CP but odin fails every time (FAILED! auth)
(Does OK6 is a newer version? maybe thats the problem)
I've already disabled Device manager, remote controls and reactivation lock.

This:
BL UBU2DOI2
CP UBU2DOE4

are a newer version than UBUCNH1? do they work on 5.1.1?

thanks in advance!
yes those are the ones you should flash if you want to update. for N900W8, CNxx is KitKat (4.4), 2DOxx is Lollipop (5.0)
OK6 is for international/N9005XX models only, which is why it failed auth, and good thing it does or you'd have bricked your phone!
your camera issues are more likely related to incompatible kernel and proprietary .so files (they need to match up)

these are a few possible paths that commands can take to the hardware, sorted by most common to least common AFAIK:
1. android -> translation layer & extra functions libraries (proprietary .so files) -> kernel -> hardware
2. android -> kernel -> hardware
3. android -> translation layer & extra functions libraries (proprietary .so files) -> kernel -> firmware -> hardware
4. android -> kernel -> firmware -> hardware

see the firmware stage of communication. sometimes this firmware is included as part of the kernel, and the respective kernel drivers will flash the firmware for you if it needs updating. sometimes, very rarely, the firmware will be part of the modem or bootloader binaries instead of flashed from kernel. this is a situation where updating bootloader/modem could potentially help.

this is only from reading lots of samsung kernel sources, so some of it is only assumed. i can't know everything. :)
if anyone wants to share more accurate information than what i can provide, we would all be thankful!

Last edited:

sajmon1983

Jun 11, 2011
Whats the lastest bootloader and modem for sm-n9005
im using cm13
now i have
CP_N9005XXUGPOF3.tar.md5
BL_N9005XXUGPOF3.tar.md5

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com
Whats the lastest bootloader and modem for sm-n9005
im using cm13
now i have
CP_N9005XXUGPOF3.tar.md5
BL_N9005XXUGPOF3.tar.md5

For N9005XX, OK6 is the latest bootloader, OJ1 is the latest modem. XXUGP series is specific to Nordic regions like Finland, Sweden, etc. only as far as I can tell.
There's probably no difference in bootloader and modem code between the XXUGB and XXUGP series.
In any case, OI2 is the latest bootloader and modem for the N9005XXUGP Nordic firmware. I will add it to the mirror soon. (it's added now)

Last edited:

wilflare

Sep 28, 2013
is there any reason to update to the latest bootloader/modem?
(I use XSP firmware. haven't been able to find or make my own BL or CP files)

Reactions: al.islam.333
For N9005XX, OK6 is the latest bootloader, OJ1 is the latest modem. XXUGP series is specific to Nordic regions like Finland, Sweden, etc. only as far as I can tell.
There's probably no difference in bootloader and modem code between the XXUGB and XXUGP series.
In any case, OI2 is the latest bootloader and modem for the N9005XXUGP Nordic firmware. I will add it to the mirror soon. (it's added now)

I cant find the link for the differences, but apparently they do actually differ, if i'm not wrong, it has something to do with a different development tree. People have reported issues flashing non-nordic roms after the nordic ones itself, but only when the values change.

HazeMC

Aug 25, 2014
HIdalgo
yes those are the ones you should flash if you want to update. for N900W8, CNxx is KitKat (4.4), 2DOxx is Lollipop (5.0)
OK6 is for international/N9005XX models only, which is why it failed auth, and good thing it does or you'd have bricked your phone!
your camera issues are more likely related to incompatible kernel and proprietary .so files (they need to match up)

these are a few possible paths that commands can take to the hardware, sorted by most common to least common AFAIK:
1. android -> translation layer & extra functions libraries (proprietary .so files) -> kernel -> hardware
2. android -> kernel -> hardware
3. android -> translation layer & extra functions libraries (proprietary .so files) -> kernel -> firmware -> hardware
4. android -> kernel -> firmware -> hardware

see the firmware stage of communication. sometimes this firmware is included as part of the kernel, and the respective kernel drivers will flash the firmware for you if it needs updating. sometimes, very rarely, the firmware will be part of the modem or bootloader binaries instead of flashed from kernel. this is a situation where updating bootloader/modem could potentially help.

this is only from reading lots of samsung kernel sources, so some of it is only assumed. i can't know everything. :)
if anyone wants to share more accurate information than what i can provide, we would all be thankful!

Thanks for a very complete response!

I've realised that the front camera has the same issue recording video, so as far i understand you response, i will try to update the kernel, or try a different rom.

Thanks mate.

jorioux

Oct 27, 2011
Montreal
I flashed AP_N900W8VLU2DOH1_KERNEL.tar.md5 using Odin, on my N900W8, and when it reboot it get stuck and wont boot into the ROM. What is wrong?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can't keep my mirror up due to increasing need for more space with all the projects I'm working on, sorry guys.

DOWNLOAD

You can find Odin at:
    https://build.nethunter.com/samsung-tools

I am no longer hosting firmware for the Note 3. fw.updato.com provides an alternative, and allows wget/curl. (with --referer="link to the download page"))
    Example:
    N900W8VLU2DPG1 - MTA clicked on at http://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model?q=N900W8
    Code:
    wget "http://fws01.updato.com/GALAXYNOTE3/SM-N900W8/BMC/SM-N900W8_1_20160729160241_v4dg1gvbce.zip" --referer="http://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model?record=3C39D6E6701111E69B2DFA163EE8F90B"

READ INSTRUCTIONS BELOW, OR IT WON'T STICK AFTER FLASHING!

Each zip file contains a _HOME.tar.md5 containing each flashable partition of your device. You can flash the entire tar.md5 for a complete factory restore, or you can extract individual partitions and re-tar them to make individual flashable partition files. There's a tool for tarring them here:
    https://build.nethunter.com/samsung-tools/img2tar.zip

GETTING YOUR FIRMWARE TO STICK

When flashing bootloaders (BL) and modems (CP), you must cold boot your phone for the flash to succeed.
    To perform a cold boot into Odin, follow these instructions carefully:
    1. Power down your phone
    2. Unplug any cables from your phone
    3. Pull the back cover off and remove the battery completely
    4. Place the battery back in your phone (there is no need to wait)
    5. Place 1 finger on volume down key, and 1 finger on home key
    6. While holding those keys down, place another finger on the power key
    7. Release the finger from the power key when you feel a vibrate
    8. Release your other fingers once you see the Odin warning screen
    9. You may plug your phone cable back into the phone now, or after the next step
    10. Press volume up key to enter Download mode

SOME ODIN OPTIONS EXPLAINED

Auto Reboot - Once the firmware finishes flashing, the phone will attempt to reboot into your current ROM
    Re-Partition - Used to flash a PIT file over the current one. See more information below.
    F. Reset Time - Enabled by default. Not entirely sure what it does yet.
    Nand Erase All - May have different effects on other devices. On the Note 3, it wipes the just the userdata partition to zeros. (your ROM settings, apps, and internal storage)
    Phone Bootloader Update - Doesn't seem necessary to select when flashing bootloaders from cold boot, so unsure of purpose.
    Phone EFS Clear - Reformats your EFS partition. This deletes calibration data and some small caches, you will want to flash full stock ROM when using this so it can properly restore itself. It's safe to use, and won't wipe your IMEI.
    I advise not touching the other options!

When flashing firmware, you can and should leave the default options selected. Confirm that it is just Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.

RE-PARTITIONING

Re-partitioning may be necessary in the rare scenario that updating to a newer firmware requires more storage than is available in the current layout.

It is possible to back up your PIT file (partition layout) for flashing in Odin later on or sharing with others that are having trouble flashing firmware that you were able to successfully flash.
    PIT files are model specific!
    Do not flash a PIT file for N9005 on an N900W8 for example. The partition layout will end up pointing to the wrong locations and you'll end up with a blank IMEI / EFS partition or worse.
    If you want to back up your PIT file, you must have a rooted phone or be in TWRP which is an environment already running with root privileges.
    Executing these commands will back up your PIT to a file (your-device-name.pit) on your internal storage:
    su
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of="/sdcard/$(getprop ro.product.name).pit" bs=16 skip=1088 count=257

You can open the PIT file in a text editor and make sure it starts with v˜4 to be ensure validity.

Restoring a PIT file is as simple as using the PIT tab in Odin and putting it in the box there, then selecting the Re-Partition checkbox in Options tab. Re-Partitioning will not delete any data, however if your PIT file varies from your previous then partition locations may point to completely different places resulting in a no longer functioning modem or worse, a bricked phone.

WIPING YOUR DATA FOR RESALE

You can use the Nand Erase All option in Odin to make your Userdata partition unrecoverable. When the Userdata partition is nand secure erased, all data on it becomes zeros.
    In order for Nand Erase option to work, you need to fill an Odin slot. Flashing your bootloader in the BL slot is usually a safe method.
    Most ROMs (kernel boot images actually) can't recover from this and will not boot. In order to fix this you have to boot into a recovery.
    • In TWRP: Go to Wipe -> Format Data -> type "yes" -> Go
    • In stock recovery: Use the "factory data reset" option
    Both of these perform identical procedures that restore a proper format and ext4 layout to your Userdata partition.
    ROMs should now be able to boot.

You can confirm through TWRP that your userdata partition has indeed been secure erased by typing in adb or terminal:
    hexdump /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata
    It should display:
    0000000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000

After a few minutes it should complete. The asterisk means that hexdump found that same last row of data (0000...) repeating.

CHANGES
    • 2016-02-26 - Add Nordic SM-N9005XX firmware N9005XXUGPOK2
    • 2016-01-12 - Add SM-N9005XX firmware N9005XXUGBOL3 and N9005XXUGBOJ2 (modem)
    • 2016-01-01 - Add Mexican SM-N900W8UB firmware N900W8UBU2DOL1 and N900W8UBU2DOK1 (modem)
    • 2016-01-01 - Add T-Mobile SM-N900T firmware N900TUVUFOL1
    • 2016-01-01 - Add Exynos SM-N900XX firmware N900XXUEBOL2
    • 2015-12-18 - Add Exynos SM-N900UB firmware N900UBUEBOK1
    • 2015-12-15 - Add Exynos SM-N900XX firmware N900XXUEBOK7 and N900XXUEBOK3 (modem)
    • 2015-12-15 - Add Exynos SM-N900ZS firmware N900ZSUEBOK3 and N900XXUEBOK3 (modem)
    • 2015-12-15 - Add SM-N9005DX firmware N9005DXUGBOK3
    • 2015-12-15 - Add SM-N9005XX firmware N9005XXUGBOK9 and N9005XXUGBOD3 (modem)
    • 2015-12-15 - Add SM-N9005ZS firmware N9005ZSUGOK2
    • 2015-12-15 - Add KT Corporation SM-N900K firmware N900KKKU0GOK3 & N900KKKUGOJ4 (modem) (thanks to Freyelis)
    • 2015-12-11 - Add SK Telecom SM-N900S firmware N900SKSU0GOK3 & N900SKSU0GOJ4 (modem)
    • 2015-12-11 - Add LG Uplus SM-N900L firmware N900LKLU0GOK3
    • 2015-12-02 - Add Sprint SM-N900P firmware N900PVPUEOK2
    Maybe I just wanna fit in with everybody else!!!!!!!!11

It just seems like a better idea to make all the latest modems and bootloaders for every variant easily available for people who don't want to wipe their custom ROMs or in case of emergencies.
    Everything seems to be spread out among multiple threads, and some variants don't even have firmware threads.

Also this post gives me somewhere to send people to when I need it, regardless of what Note 3 variant they have!
    OP, hope you dont mind asking for OK9?
    N9005ZSUGOK2, N9005XXUGBOK9, N9005DXUGBOK3, N900XXUEBOK7, N900ZSUEBOK3
    should be up in the next 3 hours, apologies as my upload speed is quite Canadian.

Update: it is done.
    Latest bootloader and modem!

Have Anybody PG1 Basebond and bootloader?
    Plz upload for me and other.
    Tnks
    Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
    Here you go!;)
    Latest bootloader and modem from N9005ZSUGPG1 firmware of 04.07.2016.
    Flash with Odin.:highfive:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwT0le3Vxg5OaTc2d2VBbjNib0k - bootloader.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwT0le3Vxg5OaWZxemtwU1pwT2c - modem.