[GUIDE][HOW TO FLASH LOLLIPOP | SM-N9005][5.0 | N9005XXUGBNL8][Easy]

Search This thread

jemis1983

Aug 22, 2012
OPPO Find X2 Pro
Ř
No. Just flash only the firmware without the kk bootloader and all will be fine:)

Now i turn to kitkat tomorrow i will try!!! Thank

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

I installed the Android L leak on my SM-N9005 32GB yesterday. Using Odin, I loaded all the required files except the .PIT and B/L files and also did not check the re-partition box.
My issues so far are:
1. Wifi passwords are not remembered when re-connected to wifi. As my phone is not rooted I am not able to edit the buildprop file as suggested in earlier posts.
2. Although Gear Manager works with my Gear 2 the Unified Daemon (Eur) has given a stopped error message, therefore the weather app on the gear 2 is not working. All other notifications that I have selected seem to be working on the watch.
3. After running the new OS for 24 hours, I had encountered two reboots of my phone...not sure what has caused this.

Thank you O/P for the leak it really is a good improvement on kitkat 4.4.2 which I was running prior to the update :)

You have only one solution to fix the wifi.
Root and edit build.prop
O flash wifi fix zip file!
Wen you root you will flag knox and lose warranty! !!

HIT THE THANK BOUTTON IF I HELP!!!!!

Reactions: kennyg48

kennyg48

Dec 31, 2014
Ř

Now i turn to kitkat tomorrow i will try!!! Thank

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

You have only one solution to fix the wifi.
Root and edit build.prop
O flash wifi fix zip file!
Wen you root you will flag knox and lose warranty! !!

HIT THE THANK BOUTTON IF I HELP!!!!!

Thank you Jemis a "catch 22" situation. I think I will have to live with entering a wifi password when connecting.

As indicated in my post I did not load the .Pit file or B/L when upgrading. To rollback to kitkat 4.4.2 would I still use odin. I have already downloaded my mobile provider firmware (N9005XXUENC2_N9005VFGENA4_N9005XXUENC2_HOME.tar.md5) This is only one file. Would it be better to use Kies to rollback or Odin If Odin, what box needs to be checked and where must this file be loaded in odin?

jemis1983

Aug 22, 2012
OPPO Find X2 Pro
Thank you Jemis a "catch 22" situation. I think I will have to live with entering a wifi password when connecting.

As indicated in my post I did not load the .Pit file or B/L when upgrading. To rollback to kitkat 4.4.2 would I still use odin. I have already downloaded my mobile provider firmware (N9005XXUENC2_N9005VFGENA4_N9005XXUENC2_HOME.tar.md5) This is only one file. Would it be better to use Kies to rollback or Odin If Odin, what box needs to be checked and where must this file be loaded in odin?

Use odin check auto reboot and F. reset time stock firmware and everything will be fine! !!

HIT THE THANK BOUTTON IF I HELP!!!!

Last edited:

siriom

Feb 5, 2012
Flashing Lollipop does Selinux come in enforcing or permissive ?
IF youre rooted can you set it to permissive ?
Thanks

arakito

Sep 23, 2012
I installed the Android L leak on my SM-N9005 32GB yesterday. Using Odin, I loaded all the required files except the .PIT and B/L files and also did not check the re-partition box.
My issues so far are:
1. Wifi passwords are not remembered when re-connected to wifi. As my phone is not rooted I am not able to edit the buildprop file as suggested in earlier posts.
2. Although Gear Manager works with my Gear 2 the Unified Daemon (Eur) has given a stopped error message, therefore the weather app on the gear 2 is not working. All other notifications that I have selected seem to be working on the watch.
3. After running the new OS for 24 hours, I had encountered two reboots of my phone...not sure what has caused this.

Thank you O/P for the leak it really is a good improvement on kitkat 4.4.2 which I was running prior to the update :)
The same here

pfigo

Sep 20, 2010
Leiria
For me no problems...no WiFi problems.
I used pit file, BT file, tick re-partition and bootloader and all the other file.
Since December 24th without any problems and with great batery performance.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

kclive

Jul 6, 2008
Huntsville, Mo
This might be a dumb question, but are you able to flash this on the Retail Verizon version? I don't want to brick my phone if this isn't going to work on the retail version.

defroster

Sep 11, 2003
So a full wipe after installing will fix wifi bug/restarts and battery issues?
Or do I need to wipe, reflash and wipe again?
Is the consensus not to flash pit and bootloader?
Has anyone tried disabling Google backup to fix wifi issue because that's the big problem for me atm.

Last edited:

defroster

Sep 11, 2003
Theirs a massive battery issue here. Goes down to 90% within 3 minutes. Using the T -Mobile Variant

Yeah i think there's a right way and a wrong way to flash this.
I did it without pit (because I'm not rooted) or bootloader with no wipes and I've got the restarts and wifi and battery issues.

E: perhaps someone who has just upgraded can restart their phone after connecting to wifi and test if they have the bug and if they do, try doing a full wipe and see if it fixes it? I don't want to wipe since I just spent a day setting everything up :/

E2: just noticed I have video playback problems too. Gfycat and YouTube.

Last edited:

kennyg48

Dec 31, 2014
You must fullwipe before and after the first installation and all will work perfectly.Only the gear'weather doesn't work

Did the fullwipe before as well as after installation...wifi still not retaining passwords. Perhaps the reason for this problem is that I did not use the .pit file and b/l that came with the leak, neither did I re-partition when using Odin to update Android L. I have a SM-N9005 32 GB phone

ivanoalbergo@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2011
Did the fullwipe before as well as after installation...wifi still not retaining passwords. Perhaps the reason for this problem is that I did not use the .pit file and b/l that came with the leak, neither did I re-partition when using Odin to update Android L. I have a SM-N9005 32 GB phone
Tell me what Base Band you have after the flash!!it's impossible that the wifi still doesn't work
And it's very import to instal all together by Odin 3.0.9 if you want that the Lollipop works perfectly.

Last edited:

kennyg48

Dec 31, 2014
Tell me what Base Band you have after the flash!!it's impossible that the wifi still doesn't work
And it's very import to instal all together by Odin 3.0.9 if you want that the Lollipop works perfectly.

The baseband version is N9005XXEG8NL8, Bootloader version is of my provider.

My upgrade steps were as followed.

1. Downlaoded Odin 3.0.9 plus leaked Android L
2. My previous rom was the stock 4.4.2 which was rooted.
3. Used Kies to backup all files and data.
4. Saved my .pit file
5. Did a factory reset before upgrade
6. In odin did not check re-partition box and also did not load the .pit file or Bootloader which was included with the leak.
7. On completion did another factory reset
8. Wifi works but not remembering passwords

As posted earlier perhaps my problem is that I did not use all the leaked files to update

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Confused on how to install Android 5.0 Lollipop? Fear not. This guide have you covered :D

So to start this. We need some things.

Now that we have everything we need. Let's start. :D
    THIS WILL ERASE/FACTORY RESET YOUR NOTE 3. So take a backup of your important stuff

Extract the ROM zip file.
    kXHUWrM.png

Once extracted. Open Odin and set up Odin as follows.
    FOR 32GB Model
    jqnYET4.jpg

FOR 16GB Model
    XHhyTsC.png

Now click START :D
    Once done reboot your device. 16GB users will have to goto Recovery and factory reset

First boot will take longer than expected. Leave it alone for about 10 minutes.

And after some time. You will be greeted with the glorious Android 5.0 screen. :D

Video Guide. :D

Before flashing we need to make a backup of your PIT file just incase something goes wrong. And to do so open Command Prompt and execute the following commands.

Code:
    adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/My-N9005.pit bs=1 skip=17408 count=4244"
    adb pull /sdcard/My-N9005.pit

Now that will create a backup of your PIT File as a failsafe. :fingers-crossed:
    [guide] | root | lollipop leaked | n9005 32gb|

To root the Samsung phablet Galaxy Note 3 with leaked firmware N9005XXUGBNL8 ( Android 5.0.0 )

1) Open the 'Odin3
    2) Put phone in download mode by powering off and holding volume up+ while plugging the phone into the computer
    3) You should now see the first square in Odin turn and say "Ready"
    6) Click on the pda tab in Odin and select the openrecovery-twrp-2.8.3.0-hlte.tar.md5 you downloaded
    7) Click start and wait for your phone to reboot
    8)Mount your devices SD card and copy the SUPERSU V2.43 ZIP file over.
    9)Boot up to your devices custom recovery by powering off and holding volume down- while
    10)Wipe your Dalvik-Cache in the Wipe Menu. And then go back to the recovery's main menu.
    11)There should be an option that says "Flash .zip from SD Card", select it.
    12)Select the .zip SUPERSU
    13)Confirm flashing of .zip file.
    14)Wait for the file to flash and reboot.

the link TWRP 2.8 - Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 International Qcomm: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/202
    MEGA LINK for openrecovery-twrp-2.8.3.0-hlte:https://mega.co.nz/#!NA8CXQqC!R6OUZYRCJw9y_7Wxe3RACeLTVywNk37eu2SeCEpNMm0
    BIG THANKS TO CHAINFIRE
    for supersu-V2.42 chainfire :http://download.chainfire.eu/644/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.42.zip.

supersu-V2.43 this is the link:http://download.chainfire.eu/692/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.43.zip
    MEGA LINK; https://mega.co.nz/#!AR0XFQRb!IvPmh5uvh7Sdfwww7FNXK2Wb1PnBDCpkXNhRb9G5v3c

supersu-V2.44 in the MEGA LINK BELOW;https://mega.co.nz/#!pdkH3LwJ!KlJKMEcI0cvV070JmqvF7wP5cG9hNK3Xn6cAN4RwPro
    or this;http://download.chainfire.eu/693/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.44.zip

supersu-V2.45:mega link below; https://mega.co.nz/#!UMtT0Y5B!9arJnF1K8xfWrPTDJsQ1ErlkjcKe9ga-11yO8d7S2TA

mega link for new supersu V2.46;https://mega.co.nz/#!ERtWSQiB!Tj0Fr3ZA5U8_vKQLwnmwH08y2NjGbMR3R5vG7F2ynYA

REMEMBER YOU WILL FLAG KNOX TO 0X1

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

DONT FORGET TO HIT THE THANKS BOUTTON:good:
    Hey,
    are there any chances or possibilities for porting this rom also to another device? E.g. the S4 LTE-A, which has "exactly" the same hardware as the note 3 i guess, it also has the snapdragon 800, so i think it might not be too difficult to port this rom also for this device, someone who can tell me something about that?:good::victory:

You can ask the developers of S4 LTE-A for that. :D

So glad to see this :D Is this leak for the international Note3 ? Does it incluede French language ? Did you see any bug on this leak ? And last question, if the flash goes wrong, how can I use the backup PIT ? :)
    Many thanks for sharing this leak ! :)

I'll post a guide about PIT later on sometime. It'll have things like "What is PIT?" "How to Backup?" "How to restore?" "How to revive soft bricked Note 3's" and all. Do remind me after the New Year and I'll make one. :)

I install it on my N9005 it include french and Italian and many other i dont flash bootloader and pit file for now everything it's ok only the WiFi issue!!!i must to put the key wen I restart or close the wireless.

WiFi issue might be solved by flashing this. Thanks @Sewrizer. I personally did not test it and also discourages flashing it as Lollipop includes many new changes to WiFi drivers while the zip file is meant for KitKat. EDIT: Instead of flashing that file. Try this. And also try to move the Q/A's there. :) Let's try to keep this an organized thread. :D

Sorry if is a dumb question, is the first time i try to flash a rom for this device, i have a n900w8 and odin shows me repartitio error, even with repartition unchecked, is ther any chance to install this rom on the n900w8? i think it has the same hardware as the n9005.

Thanks in advance

THIS GUIDE IS FOR SM-N9005
    Please read the OP. ThankYou. :D

its not working for note 3 sm n9005

Can you elaborate more on why it isn't working with your Note 3? I've tried the same on my phone and I didn't have a single issue. :)

This willnot work for the ATT version will it?

It will not. But you can ask your developers of ATT version to create ports or some themes to look-a-like until the official leak pops up.

I tried the above commands on my phone but get - error device not found ??
    My phone is the SM-N9005 so why won't the back up work. I do have a full CWM backup will that do ?

Have you set up your ADB properly? Also do you have Samsung USB drivers installed?

Quick question:

Can I downgrade to KK? I Want to try this FW but (surely) keeping KK because of Xposed compatibility.

Thanks!!

I personally did not try but many have said that you can successfully downgrade to KitKat after flashing Lollipop into their devices. Please do confirm with other members on the forum. :)
    Successfully install lollipop on my note 3 n9005 32gb(No Root)

step I have done,
    1. enable usb debugging
    2. Do not tick re-partition (ONLY AUTO REBOOT and F.RESET TIME)
    3. Put in BL,AP,CP and CSC ( exclude PIT )
    4. Enter download mode from phone (power + volume down + home button)
    5. connect phone and once odin detected the connected phone press START
    6. Wait about 10-15 minute then it will auto reboot and wait another 5 minute
    7. Done

Mine everything works well - no wifi issue, no proximate sensor problem, s-view window working well too :D