1,275 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,838

By mithun46, Senior Member on 25th December 2014, 02:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th December 2014, 09:01 PM |#11  
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 13

More
The fact the Xposed won't work with Android v5.0 at present makes a no go for me. I can't see how I can do without about 6 or 7 key Xposed modules. It's a real shame

26th December 2014, 09:48 PM |#12  
In the eye of the tornado
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kankam

The fact the Xposed won't work with Android v5.0 at present makes a no go for me. I can't see how I can do without about 6 or 7 key Xposed modules. It's a real shame

I doubt Google or any of the OEMs switched to ART to break Xposed functionality. I like to believe the Android world is more permissive than Apple/iOS. After all, it is the endless possibilities, in addition to such a dedicated community that make Android so appealing and never boring.
back on topic:
Regarding the WiFi issue; I believe flashing the WiFi Fix zip file from http://www.mediafire.com/download/dyx5zsexj6ocjfu/N9005_Wifi_Fix.zip would help. I found it in raiden123's http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-3/development/rebirth-rom-tw-kitkat4-4-4-note-4-t2953094 and I have used it successfully on numerous occasions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sewrizer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sewrizer Ad-Free
26th December 2014, 10:17 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
So glad to see this Is this leak for the international Note3 ? Does it incluede French language ? Did you see any bug on this leak ? And last question, if the flash goes wrong, how can I use the backup PIT ?

Many thanks for sharing this leak !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raeigis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Raeigis Ad-Free
26th December 2014, 10:22 PM |#14  
I install it on my N9005 it include french and Italian and many other i dont flash bootloader and pit file for now everything it's ok only the WiFi issue!!!i must to put the key wen I restart or close the wireless.
26th December 2014, 10:44 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Sorry if is a dumb question, is the first time i try to flash a rom for this device, i have a n900w8 and odin shows me repartitio error, even with repartition unchecked, is ther any chance to install this rom on the n900w8? i think it has the same hardware as the n9005.

Thanks in advance
26th December 2014, 11:14 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
its not working for note 3 sm n9005
26th December 2014, 11:17 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
No, I don't think you can flash it, this isn't the same model event if the hardware look same. Maybe a little difference who made ****. But I don't think you can. I'll try it later ^^

A question, @Sewrizer, the wifi patch you give us, we have to pass with a custom recovery ? I don't want to pass my Knox to 1 ^^ I think i'll wait if their is a wifi bug, my wifi code is too long to enter it each time wifi reboot...
27th December 2014, 12:58 AM |#18  
Flag THOUSAND OAKS
Thanks Meter: 41

Donate to Me
More
This willnot work for the ATT version will it?
27th December 2014, 02:06 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Smile Not Working
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun46

Before flashing we need to make a backup of your PIT file just incase something goes wrong. And to do so open Command Prompt and execute the following commands.

Code:
adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/My-N9005.pit bs=1 skip=17408 count=4244"
adb pull /sdcard/My-N9005.pit
Now that will create a backup of your PIT File as a failsafe.

I tried the above commands on my phone but get - error device not found ??
My phone is the SM-N9005 so why won't the back up work. I do have a full CWM backup will that do ?
27th December 2014, 02:33 AM |#20  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Downgrade
Quick question:

Can I downgrade to KK? I Want to try this FW but (surely) keeping KK because of Xposed compatibility.

Thanks!!
The Following User Says Thank You to djsonoman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djsonoman Ad-Free
27th December 2014, 06:18 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag ▒▅|▆|█|▆|▅▒
Thanks Meter: 1,838

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingstorm

Hey,
are there any chances or possibilities for porting this rom also to another device? E.g. the S4 LTE-A, which has "exactly" the same hardware as the note 3 i guess, it also has the snapdragon 800, so i think it might not be too difficult to port this rom also for this device, someone who can tell me something about that?

You can ask the developers of S4 LTE-A for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raeigis

So glad to see this Is this leak for the international Note3 ? Does it incluede French language ? Did you see any bug on this leak ? And last question, if the flash goes wrong, how can I use the backup PIT ?
Many thanks for sharing this leak !

I'll post a guide about PIT later on sometime. It'll have things like "What is PIT?" "How to Backup?" "How to restore?" "How to revive soft bricked Note 3's" and all. Do remind me after the New Year and I'll make one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemis1983

I install it on my N9005 it include french and Italian and many other i dont flash bootloader and pit file for now everything it's ok only the WiFi issue!!!i must to put the key wen I restart or close the wireless.

WiFi issue might be solved by flashing this. Thanks @Sewrizer. I personally did not test it and also discourages flashing it as Lollipop includes many new changes to WiFi drivers while the zip file is meant for KitKat. EDIT: Instead of flashing that file. Try this. And also try to move the Q/A's there. Let's try to keep this an organized thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberman4444

Sorry if is a dumb question, is the first time i try to flash a rom for this device, i have a n900w8 and odin shows me repartitio error, even with repartition unchecked, is ther any chance to install this rom on the n900w8? i think it has the same hardware as the n9005.

Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun46

THIS GUIDE IS FOR SM-N9005

Please read the OP. ThankYou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaiswal

its not working for note 3 sm n9005

Can you elaborate more on why it isn't working with your Note 3? I've tried the same on my phone and I didn't have a single issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibixzero

This willnot work for the ATT version will it?

It will not. But you can ask your developers of ATT version to create ports or some themes to look-a-like until the official leak pops up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamsin

I tried the above commands on my phone but get - error device not found ??
My phone is the SM-N9005 so why won't the back up work. I do have a full CWM backup will that do ?

Have you set up your ADB properly? Also do you have Samsung USB drivers installed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsonoman

Quick question:

Can I downgrade to KK? I Want to try this FW but (surely) keeping KK because of Xposed compatibility.

Thanks!!

I personally did not try but many have said that you can successfully downgrade to KitKat after flashing Lollipop into their devices. Please do confirm with other members on the forum.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mithun46 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mithun46 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)