Source Code: https://github.com/lineageos4microg

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-02-18
Last Updated Every Thursday

Download link
https://download.lineage.microg.org/hlte/

Android experience relies heavily on Google's Play Services. The microG project creates an alternative to installing Gapps, which install and execute closed-source blobs on our phones. MicroG however requires a patch called "signature spoofing", which allows microG's apps to spoof themselves as Google Apps. LineageOS currently does not include the patch due to different opinions among the developers. (further information can be found here)

This makes microG installation difficult on LineageOS and other ROMs. Our ROM is a fork of LineageOS with just the necessary changes to have microG built-in. We ship builds for all devices supported by LineageOS project every couple of days.

You can find us on https://lineage.microg.org

I decide to post here, for inform you and because I'm on it about 1 month and the rom is very smooth, stable and battery friendly and more, without play store who is heavy and without any confidentiality...For those who care about it, it's very important to move to this rom
Of course all credits goes to the team, who made this possible
I hope that we have soon LA15.1 support....

************************************************** ****************************************///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////************************************************** ************************************************** ***/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////************************************************** ************************************************** *********************************************/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

for those who want to try on different rom than LA14.1,already builded, you can use shadow53s flashable zip builder...
all credits goes to @Shadow53

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++******************************************** ************************************----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +************************************************* ****************************----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

FAQ

Why all of this? Isn't OpenGApps free software?
Yes and no, the name "OpenGApps" is misleading. While OpenGApps uses free software to retrieve and bundle the GApps, the apps themselves are not free software, they are in fact the same Google Apps you find on a new phone.

Why should I use microG instead of the standard Google Play Services?
First of all, freedom. I can't explain here why free software is so important (this is a FAQ, not a 200 pages manual), but if you're interested you can start by reading this.
Second, the Play Services are very expensive in terms of resources, they drain lots of battery and they use lots of space, while microG requires much less resources. To give you an idea, the smallest possible package of OpenGApps ("Pico Package") on ARM 7.1 is ~125 MB, while the full microG suite (GmsCore, GsfProxy, FakeStore, MozillaNlpBackend and NominatimNlpBackend) is ~4 MB.

Isn't Android free software? Can't I just install LineageOS without both GApps and microG?

Android is based on the AOSP project, which is free software. However many common features are handled by the proprietary GApps, generally by the Google Play Services. You can use LineageOS without GApps/microG, but you will probably miss something. In particular, you won't have the:

network localization services, which means that you can only use the GPS for the positioning
Google Cloud Messaging, so you won't receive any push notification for any app that relies on it
the Maps API, which means that any app that uses Google Maps through the Maps API will probably crash

With microG these services (and many others) are reimplemented.

Is LineageOS for microG completely free software?
Unfortunately no, like LineageOS it still has some non-free components. See the Replicant project for more informations.

Which is the current status of microG? Which APIs are already implemented?

See here.

Why do we need a custom build of LineageOS to have microG? Can't I install microG on the official LineageOS?

MicroG requires a patch called "signature spoofing", which allows the microG's apps to spoof themselves as Google Apps. LineageOS' developers refused (multiple times) to include the patch, forcing us to fork their project.

Wait, on their FAQ page I see that they don't want to include the patch for security reasons. Is this ROM unsafe?

No. LineageOS' developers decided not to include this patch for various reasons.
The signature spoofing could be an unsafe feature only if the user blindly gives any permission to any app, as this permission can't be obtained automatically by the apps.
Moreover, to further strengthen the security of our ROM, we modified the signature spoofing permission so that only system privileged apps can obtain it, and no security threat is posed to our users.

Do you use test keys?
Heck, no! We sign all our builds with our own private keys.

Do you offer OTA updates?

Yes, once a week.

Do you offer delta updates?

Not currently, but it can be done if there's real demand.

Can I install apps from the Play Store on this ROM?
F-Droid is included in our ROM, so you can freely download all the FOSS apps on their repositories.
However, if you need apps which are available only on the Play Store, you're free to host your personal instance of PlayMaker (see this demo) or GPlayWeb and connect it to your F-Droid client, Playmaker will let you download apps from the Play Store and install them via F-Droid. Another solution is to use a local app, like Yalp Store.

Do I have to enable "Unknown sources" to install apps in F-Droid?
Our ROM includes "F-Droid Privileged Extension", which allows F-Droid to install and update apps without the need of user interaction or the unsafe "Unknown sources" option.

Can you add support for my device? It is officially supported by LineageOS

We already build LineageOS for microG for every device supported by LineageOS. Find your device in our Downloads page!

Can you add support for my device? It is not supported by LineageOS though...

No, I'm sorry.

I don't trust your build, I want to build it myself!

No problem! Our builds are done with this Docker image, feel free to build it yourself.

I am running a custom build of LineageOS, but yours is way cooler! How can I migrate to it without losing my data?

Replace the LineageOS official keys in our migration ZIP with your keys (or follow the suggestions in the LineageOS migration guide).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180210-014652.jpg
Views:	6534
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	4423880  
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to rayman95 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rayman95 Ad-Free

18th February 2018, 01:38 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag monaco
Thanks Meter: 3,598

More
LineageOS 15.1 for microG, ROM for Note 3

I'm not the dev of these apps but just share it to facilitate for others and want to thank's all the people include in these works....

[B]THANK'S to : @EdricChan03 , @ale5000

for those who want to have periodic rom @EdricChan03 build every sunday an LA15.1 update, thank's to him.....

I just tested LA15.1 and a different way to have microG rom on N9005
the team who create microG works on official rom and LA15.1 is built unofficially, so we can't have a directly flashable rom like for LA14.1 but @ale5000 made a flashable zip to flash on unofficial rom so you can have same as 14.1 microG rom
I installed the last @EdricChan03 , @haggertk and [MENTION=3482571]shane87 AOKP but it should work with last @vidwhal RRO

Links

ROM : LA15.1

MicroG : microG unofficial installer

Instructions

1 clean wipe, always better
2 flash LA15.1
3 flash microG unofficial installer 1.0.29 beta
4 flash magisk
and reboot and enjoy

LineageOS 15.1 Changelog - 16/7/2018

Changes since 16 June 2018

Welcome to the monthly LineageOS (unofficial) changelog for hlte! Here's a list of changes from 16 June 2018 to 16 July 2018!
Notes

The list of changes in every subheader is ordered by when the commit was last updated on Gerrit.
The list of changes below do not include "Automatic translation import" commits.

Features

There's a new dark mode feature! You can try it out by navigating to Settings > Display > Styles.
Android has been updated from tag android-8.1.0_r30 to tag android-8.1.0_r36.
The Android security patch level has been bumped to 5/7/2018
On Trebuchet, when editing an app, the editing icon functionality will be disabled if no icon packs are installed. (See commit I09ac14 for more info)

Changes
android

manifest: android-8.1.0_r30 -> android-8.1.0_r36 (I4f33a5)

android_packages_apps_LineageParts

parts: styles: add support for more dark overlays (I973041)
parts: Trust: better warnings management (I463279)
Parts: expose toggle for disabling trust alerts (I088d5c)

android_packages_apps_Settings

Settings: handle decrypting larger pattern sizes for sw600dp (Ic831ad)
DisplaySettings: Allow devices to opt out from lift to wake detection (Ia1b673)
settings: Add platform and RAM to "Model & Hardware" dialogue (Ia43cb3)
SimSettings: Fix preferred calls sim not being disabled (Ib8054f)
SimSettings: Use TelephonyExtUtils helper methods (Id6eaff)
Settings: hide wallpaper copyright (I186eaa)
Settings: Add LineageOS legal info (I263ccc)

android_packages_apps_Trebuchet

Edit dialog: dynamically apply foreground to icon (I09ac14)
Edit dialog: change brush color from black to white (I71fccc)
WallpaperManager: do not crash because of insufficient permissions (I1559a3)
IconsHandler: use ViewHolder, prevent AsyncTask leaks, cleanup (I333758)
IconsHandler: prevent resource not found exception when getting xml (Ia9f4ea)
logging: prevent NPE at logDeepShortcutsOpen (I8cd157)

android_packages_apps_Updater

Don't use one shot PendingIntents for the notification actions (Ib457d9)
Don't treat the current build as compatible (I72d39c)
Updater: Improve battery check (Iebb102)
Updater: Add property that allows us to downgrade (I691663)
Updater: Allow toggling A/B perf mode (I380a39)

android_vendor_lineage

vendor: build black style (I35026f)
overlays: add black style (I3414cf)
styles: add support for more dark overlays (If9e08b)
systemUi: styles: support more dark overlays (I4fafa2)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rayman95 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rayman95 Ad-Free
18th February 2018, 02:49 PM |#3  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 437

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayman95

FAQ

Which is the current status of microG? Which APIs are already implemented?
See here.

Noticed a little something, might want to fix that hyperlink
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to grumpycoder100 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift grumpycoder100 Ad-Free
18th February 2018, 10:15 PM |#4  
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 177

More
this is absolutely great ... I have dream many time a foss alternative to closed services...
I hope Lineage 15.1 can arrive here with microg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paolone1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift paolone1 Ad-Free
19th February 2018, 01:02 PM |#5  
Flag Milano

More
may I ask if someone here have flash it?
what about gps/wifi/battery life...
19th February 2018, 01:35 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
I do not understand how to sign in to Google Play? On the phone I enter the registration data from the account, but nothing is synchronized.
19th February 2018, 01:57 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag monaco

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolone1

may I ask if someone here have flash it?
what about gps/wifi/battery life...

Me....everything is perfect and got 5h SOT.....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rayman95 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rayman95 Ad-Free
19th February 2018, 10:12 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag monaco

More
for those who want to try on different rom than LA14.1,already builded, you can use shadow53s flashable zip builder...
all credits goes to @Shadow53
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rayman95 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rayman95 Ad-Free
20th February 2018, 09:38 AM |#9  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Flashed This Amazing Rom Yesterday. Must Say The Battery Life Is Great ,
installed yalp ,now it shows there is an update to Micro G Services but it conflicts with the installed version. any solution?
20th February 2018, 09:51 AM |#10  
Flag Milano

More
Installed now... Just need a little help...
How to sync the contacts and the calendar data with the google account?
@rayman95

@Mr.Salman
20th February 2018, 12:16 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag monaco

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Salman

Flashed This Amazing Rom Yesterday. Must Say The Battery Life Is Great ,
installed yalp ,now it shows there is an update to Micro G Services but it conflicts with the installed version. any solution?

be careful because it can be official playstore and it can break the Non gapps benefit, so don't update it...if it's a true microG services, you'll have a weekly update in less than 1 week...
The Following User Says Thank You to rayman95 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rayman95 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)