FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Original Darklord Note7 port V2.0 repacked bundle with all the fixes

823 posts
Thanks Meter: 634

By wild wadi, Senior Member on 16th September 2016, 04:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Update 8/15/2017: As you can see this is not a development thread, therefore it will not be updated any further. If you want a Note 3 ROM close to Note 7 stock like Darkloard, please go here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...x-rom-t3508672

Here is Darklord Original Pure Note7 port V2.0 for Note3 N900X with all fixes repacked and bundled in one folder - Keeping the 3 alive

Right off the bat, I’m not a developer, and therefore I cannot answer all your questions. I put together this rom for my own personal use, it's my daily driver. Friends on other forums encouraged me to create this thread for the original Darklord Note7 V1.0 rom, because of the chaotic way many joint fixes were added on numerous threads. In short, this is a fixer-upper thread with a version update to reference the change. To be clear, this is still his rom and not mine. The idea here is for all to help each other, I will help whenever I can, but time is of essence; I’m moving work, home and family to Dubai next month. So please, I encourage others who can contribute to chime in and give all of us a hand here.

Thanks to @darkera13 and all the brilliant guys and girls on samsungvn.com and Aurora team who contributed all these fixes. Without them there would be no Note7 port for our beloved Note3. Think about it guys, we are the only ones carrying a cool Note7 phone in our pockets today.

This version has Isskernel 3.5UX but you can change to other preferred kernels. This is not my favorite kernel, but you know how that goes on xda; we cannot link to kernels with unpublished source code, (read here) darkera13 chose not to. Wait 15-20 minutes for reboot. (you might experience a reboot or 2 with Isskernel) If you want to change Kernel, have one ready on your SdCard and flash immediately after flashing rom before you reboot.

Step-1 BACKUP YOU CURRENT ROM

Step-2 Clean-wipe anf flash rom
Updates and fixes included with rom
1- Calendar
2- Gallery fixed, no white place-holders with your morning coffee. Read how
3- Flash light fix
4- WiFi Hot Spot fix
5- Bluetooth fix
6- GPS fix
7- Removed USB connection warning
8- *NFC
9- Emoji show in SMS fix
10 - Floating message reply fix

Step-3 *Important:
After flashing rom DO NOT REBOOT:
*Flash NFC update for 100% success
Flash S-View fix
*maybe you want to flash a different kernel immediately

Step-4
After setup, manually replace PeopleStripe.apk update in system/priv-app with Root Explorer and set permissions to 644, reboot.

Bonus
Included in the bundle, all cameras for you to choose and play with. Instructions included.
Camera Note3 : Burst mod working
Camera Note4 : Panorama Working
Camera S6 : Pro working
Camera S7e : Pro working
Camera Note7 : Auto works, bugs with selfie and black screen freeze (needs reboot)

Outstanding issues
1- AirCommand Magnify: not working (x64 limitation)
2- Cameras: many modes not working (x64 limitation)
3- Video editing: not working on all cameras
4- Video call: not working
5- AOD: blinks
6- Battery charging when phone is off: restarts phone
7- Edge Feed: not working
8- Blue Light: not working

That’s it. Enjoy.

MEGA download and extract the files from the zip archive
https://mega.nz/#!qhxyAQoA!Wz9FjVxN1...1gceCI3eBvLVPs

Kernel source
https://github.com/lsswizard/Lsskernel-note3
The Following 65 Users Say Thank You to wild wadi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wild wadi Ad-Free

16th September 2016, 04:10 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
*Important*
If you previously synced with Samsung cloud, then you are out of luck with this rom. As mentioned in step-2 Gallery fixed, to solve the white Gallery bug, I removed Samsung Cloud. Samsung account still syncs stuff as before; SNote, Samsung Notes Scrapbook, Health, etc. I believe contacts, keyboard, favorites and apps & pictures have all been moved to Samsung Cloud in Note7. So, if you're dependent on Samsung Cloud this is not the the rom for you. Google sync is still available, if not better.

If you are still experiencing the white Gallery bug (cause it's persistent) download and replace this Note5 Gallery with a modified UX icon to match Note7 . File path: system/priv-app/SecGallery2015, permissions: 0644. Reboot.
https://mega.nz/#!ChpVBDSR!fdFmvtKJB...x4IeAlH6Yt6KN0

If you still need SamsungCloud and don't mind the Gallery white bug, download and flash this file in recovery
https://mega.nz/#!P8oHRSAY!PtUAyvXnQ...IjIfrUGO-5eDUo

Fixes:
Calendar not showing? Check here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=254

Mods:
5 way reboot menu
https://mega.nz/#!z0QGxSqB!6fMiS_W5M...Kcw48Mi__nh75Q
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to wild wadi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wild wadi Ad-Free
16th September 2016, 04:16 PM |#3  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wild wadi

RESERVED

Go go go
16th September 2016, 04:30 PM |#4  
HCM CiTy
Thanks Meter: 833

Donate to Me
More
Delete
16th September 2016, 04:34 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 151

More
excellent work mate. I have one question, have you fixed the stock sms emoji related issues?...will download and try when the link is provided
16th September 2016, 04:36 PM |#6  
Flag 39041 Brennero
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Bella notizia, Grazie
Good news, Thanks
16th September 2016, 04:39 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Let see what will be next 💆

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to andricos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andricos Ad-Free
16th September 2016, 04:44 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmalik420

excellent work mate. I have one question, have you fixed the stock sms emoji related issues?...will download and try when the link is provided

If you are talking about sent emoji not seen on receiver devise, well this issue is still not resolved. All these fixes come from samsungvn and aurora, so we just have to hope someone fix it eventually. I'm not a developer I just did this for my own personal rom. I think Darklod's original version is still the best of all Note7 ports, and some friends here on xda encouraged me to do this to keep it alive.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wild wadi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wild wadi Ad-Free
16th September 2016, 04:47 PM |#9  
Somewhere in Florida
Thanks Meter: 173

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wild wadi

If you are talking about sent emoji not seen on receiver devise, well this issue is still not resolved. All these fixes come from samsungvn and aurora, so we just have to hope someone fix it eventually. I'm not a developer I just did this for my own personal rom. I think Darklod's original version is still the best of all Note7 ports, and some friends here on xda encouraged me to do this to keep it alive.

Thank you. Let's hope someone finds a fix for this issue soon.
16th September 2016, 05:23 PM |#10  
Flag Kazan
Thanks Meter: 958

More
del
16th September 2016, 05:31 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I just need a camera with panorama and 360 working. What's the best camera to choose?

P.S. Thanks for your great work!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)