/* * Your warranty is now void. Knox 0x1. * * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. */
- This is not a stable version of LineageOS. If you run into problems, give us a logcat as you report your problem or GTFO.
- If your problem cannot be reproduced without using Magisk modules or Xposed, don't report it! The same goes with custom kernels.
- The latest version of TWRP. This is an absolute requirement.
- Your Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
- The latest modem and your bootloader unlocked. Link on how to get that done is found below.
How to flash this ROM:
From other custom ROMs (RR-O, LineageOS 14.1, etc):
- Download the zip file for your variant of the device. Use the table below to figure out which variant to use.
- Make sure this zip file is saved to your device (just to get things done quickly).
- If you want Google Play functionality, download OpenGApps (link below). (optional)
- Reboot into TWRP (Volume Up + Home + Power or Advanced Restart).
- Make a backup (optional).
- Wipe System, Data, Cache, and Dalvik Cache partitions with Advanced Wipe. (required if upgrading from LOS 14.1 or RR-N)
- Flash the ROM you just downloaded.
- Flash OpenGApps for Android 8.1 if you want Google services (optional).
- If you want root, flash Magisk.
- Reboot and proceed normally with installation.
From LineageOS 15.1 (if you're updating):
- Download the zip file for your variant of the device.
- Reboot into TWRP.
- Flash the zip file as normal. No wipes needed.
- Reboot. You have updated your device.
It is important that you get the right variant based on your model code! Otherwise, you might not be able to make phone calls, and run into other bugs!
- hlte: SM-N9005 (unlocked, GSM) and SM-N900P (Sprint)
- hltetmo: SM-N900T (T-Mobile), SM-N900W8 (Canada), SM-900R4 (USA Cellular), SM-N900V (Verizon)
- hltechn: SM-N9008V and SM-N9006 (both are China)
- hltekor: SM-N900S (SK Telecom), SM-N900L (LG Uplus), SM-N900K (KT Corp)
The SM-N900A (AT&T) might never get support due to its locked bootloader. That is unlikely to change.
AndroidFileHost (haggertk): http://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=244014
AndroidFileHost (mine): https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=245260
OpenGApps 8.1 (biggest is mini for Note 3): http://opengapps.org
Latest bootloader & modem (contains instructions): https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...msung-t3582504
LineageOS on GitHub
Contact us on Telegram if you must! https://t.me/galaxynotethree
LineageOS 16.0 (unofficial) for HLTE currently exists now! Come check out the thread by clicking here.
ROM OS Version: Android 8.1 Oreo
Kernel Version: Linux 3.4.x