FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

★ [ROOT][N9005] ★ Rooting 4.4.2 FNF4 & NEWER stock firmwares ★ (KNOX 0x0) ★

2,517 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,073

Post Reply Email Thread
Firstly a big thanks to @geohot for his awesome app - Towelroot, so don't forget to hit "Thanks" in this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2783157

Unfortunately, this app does not work in case of Samsung stock ROMs: FNF4 or newer

Fortunately I have found a way A way is based on my very old idea, published 14 January 2013 (but only HERE, because I'm XDA member since March 2013).

Ready? Let's start!

1. Download and install Towelroot app (https://towelroot.com/), but do not use it yet.

2. Download XXUEND3 100% stock kernel (PC Odin flashable file):

>> KERNEL_N9005XXUEND3.tar.md5 <<

3. Go to Download Mode, load file as AP using PC Odin, connect the phone, click Start, wait for start up your phone.

NOTE: After this step you can see that wifi not working but don't worry - everything will be fine after restoring your original kernel (p.5). To continue (p.4), you will temporarily need a data connection.

4. Run Towelroot app and tap "let it ra1n" (after that you can remove Towelroot app)

5. Download your original kernel, matched to the ROM version you are using. Flash it in the same way as in p.3:

>> Recent kernel versions for SM-N9005 <<

(N9005DX, N9005VJ, N9005ZH, N9005ZT users - go to the "Kernel_DX_VJ_ZH_ZT" folder)

6. This step is not mandatory, but I recommend to install SuperSU app from Play Store (thanks to @Chainfire).

7. Enjoy your rooted ROM and KNOX 0x0. All data, applications and settings will remain untouched

Report 2014.11.28:

Above scenario has been successfully performed on stock firmwares: XXUFNF4, XXUFNG2, XXUGNG1, XXUGNH1, XXUGNI4, DXUFNG2, DXUGNH1, VJUFNG3, ZHUENH4

I have added DX, VJ, ZH, ZT kernels to "Recent kernel versions", so please let mi know if it works, especially if it is not reported yet

Hit "Thanks" button if you like my work
The Following 276 Users Say Thank You to _alexndr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift _alexndr Ad-Free

6th August 2014, 08:39 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 155

More
Alex,
One sentence: "You are the Genius"!!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gramzz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gramzz Ad-Free
6th August 2014, 08:47 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 158

More
Thanks man...so this works with your rom?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
6th August 2014, 08:59 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imppy

Thanks man...so this works with your rom?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

"My ROM"... you mean - this ROM?
[ROM][N9005][ALEXNDR] GNG1 KitKat 4.4.2 Multi CSC (Developer Base, KNOX 0x0)

No! I have tested this root method using pure stock XXUFNG2 from Sammobile!

"My ROM" is prerooted "my ROM" you can install later, using Mobile Odin PRO (KNOX 0x0)
The Following User Says Thank You to _alexndr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift _alexndr Ad-Free
6th August 2014, 10:06 PM |#5  
Flag monaco
Thanks Meter: 3,556

More
How have you test this if you have Knox 0*1??????
6th August 2014, 10:45 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 319

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _alexndr

"My ROM"... you mean - this ROM?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2649176

I have tested this root method using pure stock XXUFNG2 from Sammobile!

"My ROM" is prerooted "my ROM" you can install later, using Mobile Odin PRO (KNOX 0x0)

if i want tour rom do i have to choose what im on now N9005XXUFNF4_DEODEXED or can i go to gn2 without wiping thx knox still 0
7th August 2014, 12:20 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 319

More
tried it but on step 1 install Kernel XXUEND3: boot_N9005XXUEND3.tar.md5 my wifi is greyed out now so cant make it rain says need internet any help thx

update wifi got greyed out but enabled data made it rain knox still 0 thx ,,,
The Following User Says Thank You to stesteste For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stesteste Ad-Free
7th August 2014, 06:04 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayman95

How have you test this if you have Knox 0*1??????

It's simple

"Set Warranty Bit : kernel" message has not been displayed throughout the entire procedure its enough for me to be 100% sure

As you can see in #7 - it works as it should

Quote:
Originally Posted by stesteste

tried it but on step 1 install Kernel XXUEND3: boot_N9005XXUEND3.tar.md5 my wifi is greyed out now so cant make it rain says need internet any help thx

update wifi got greyed out but enabled data made it rain knox still 0 thx ,,,

I did not notice it, but I used data
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to _alexndr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift _alexndr Ad-Free
7th August 2014, 07:40 AM |#9  
Flag Italy, Reggio Calabria
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello I have the gn3 itv no brand update to xxugng1.the last update. is it possible to downgrade to XXUEND3 make the root and than upgrade again? anyone try ?
7th August 2014, 07:54 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cicemon212

Hello I have the gn3 itv no brand update to xxugng1.the last update. is it possible to downgrade to XXUEND3 make the root and than upgrade again? anyone try ?

Downgrade the entire ROM to XXUEND3 is not possible (bootlop) - that's why my thread is very useful

Your firmware is XXUFNG2 (last ITV update, according to Sammobile), so do as I wrote in #1
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to _alexndr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift _alexndr Ad-Free
7th August 2014, 08:17 AM |#11  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 479

More
Hello _Alexndr,

I have your rom FNG2 with know 0x1. So this method reset the knox with 0x0?
Thanks!

Enviado desde mi SM-N9005 mediante Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
0x0, knox, n9005, note 3, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)