★ [ROOT][N9005] ★ Rooting 4.4.2 FNF4 & NEWER stock firmwares ★ (KNOX 0x0) ★

Search This thread

_alexndr

Mar 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Firstly a big thanks to @geohot for his awesome app - Towelroot, so don't forget to hit "Thanks" in this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2783157

Unfortunately, this app does not work in case of Samsung stock ROMs: FNF4 or newer :(

Fortunately I have found a way :D A way is based on my very old idea, published 14 January 2013 (but only HERE, because I'm XDA member since March 2013).

Ready? Let's start! :)

1. Download and install Towelroot app (https://towelroot.com/), but do not use it yet.

2. Download XXUEND3 100% stock kernel (PC Odin flashable file):

>> KERNEL_N9005XXUEND3.tar.md5 <<

3. Go to Download Mode, load file as AP using PC Odin, connect the phone, click Start, wait for start up your phone.

NOTE: After this step you can see that wifi not working but don't worry - everything will be fine after restoring your original kernel (p.5). To continue (p.4), you will temporarily need a data connection.

4. Run Towelroot app and tap "let it ra1n" (after that you can remove Towelroot app)

5. Download your original kernel, matched to the ROM version you are using. Flash it in the same way as in p.3:

>> Recent kernel versions for SM-N9005 <<

(N9005DX, N9005VJ, N9005ZH, N9005ZT users - go to the "Kernel_DX_VJ_ZH_ZT" folder)

6. This step is not mandatory, but I recommend to install SuperSU app from Play Store (thanks to @Chainfire).

7. Enjoy your rooted ROM and KNOX 0x0. All data, applications and settings will remain untouched :D

Report 2014.11.28:

Above scenario has been successfully performed on stock firmwares: XXUFNF4, XXUFNG2, XXUGNG1, XXUGNH1, XXUGNI4, DXUFNG2, DXUGNH1, VJUFNG3, ZHUENH4 :D

I have added DX, VJ, ZH, ZT kernels to "Recent kernel versions", so please let mi know if it works, especially if it is not reported yet :)

Hit "Thanks" button if you like my work :)

Last edited:

Imppy

Sep 29, 2009
Thanks man...so this works with your rom?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

_alexndr

Mar 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Last edited:
Reactions: Gramzz

stesteste

Apr 12, 2011
tried it but on step 1 install Kernel XXUEND3: boot_N9005XXUEND3.tar.md5 my wifi is greyed out now so cant make it rain says need internet any help thx

update wifi got greyed out but enabled data made it rain knox still 0 thx ,,,

Last edited:
Reactions: _alexndr

_alexndr

Mar 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
How have you test this if you have Knox 0*1??????

It's simple :)

"Set Warranty Bit : kernel" message has not been displayed throughout the entire procedure :) its enough for me to be 100% sure :)

As you can see in #7 - it works as it should :)

tried it but on step 1 install Kernel XXUEND3: boot_N9005XXUEND3.tar.md5 my wifi is greyed out now so cant make it rain says need internet any help thx

I did not notice it, but I used data

Last edited:

_alexndr

Mar 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hello I have the gn3 itv no brand update to xxugng1.the last update. is it possible to downgrade to XXUEND3 make the root and than upgrade again? anyone try ?

Downgrade the entire ROM to XXUEND3 is not possible (bootlop) - that's why my thread is very useful :D

Your firmware is XXUFNG2 (last ITV update, according to Sammobile), so do as I wrote in #1 :D

Last edited:

abelrhd

Jan 1, 2008
Barcelona
Hello _Alexndr,

I have your rom FNG2 with know 0x1. So this method reset the knox with 0x0?
Thanks!

Enviado desde mi SM-N9005 mediante Tapatalk

stesteste

Apr 12, 2011
I did not notice it, but I used data. OK - I'll change the order of operations on #1 (first - download and install Towelroot).
EDIT: done :)[/QUOTE]

hope i didn't get you confused i had towel root downloaded already but towelroot needed internet to make it rain so need data on

DarkyHD2

Feb 16, 2010
Palermo
Hi, thanks for your work. Now that a new rom is out (N9005XXUGNG1), how can i extract kernel to flash it after root? Can you post it?

ALEXDAIIi

Aug 18, 2006
wife need ?

I'm H3G user, firmware after recent OTA update is ....etc....UFNF2.
Need wipe and I will lost all my data and installed apk if I use this method?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Firstly a big thanks to @geohot for his awesome app - Towelroot, so don't forget to hit "Thanks" in this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2783157

Unfortunately, this app does not work in case of Samsung stock ROMs: FNF4 or newer :(

Fortunately I have found a way :D A way is based on my very old idea, published 14 January 2013 (but only HERE, because I'm XDA member since March 2013).

Ready? Let's start! :)

1. Download and install Towelroot app (https://towelroot.com/), but do not use it yet.

2. Download XXUEND3 100% stock kernel (PC Odin flashable file):

>> KERNEL_N9005XXUEND3.tar.md5 <<

3. Go to Download Mode, load file as AP using PC Odin, connect the phone, click Start, wait for start up your phone.

NOTE: After this step you can see that wifi not working but don't worry - everything will be fine after restoring your original kernel (p.5). To continue (p.4), you will temporarily need a data connection.

4. Run Towelroot app and tap "let it ra1n" (after that you can remove Towelroot app)

5. Download your original kernel, matched to the ROM version you are using. Flash it in the same way as in p.3:

>> Recent kernel versions for SM-N9005 <<

(N9005DX, N9005VJ, N9005ZH, N9005ZT users - go to the "Kernel_DX_VJ_ZH_ZT" folder)

6. This step is not mandatory, but I recommend to install SuperSU app from Play Store (thanks to @Chainfire).

7. Enjoy your rooted ROM and KNOX 0x0. All data, applications and settings will remain untouched :D

Report 2014.11.28:

Above scenario has been successfully performed on stock firmwares: XXUFNF4, XXUFNG2, XXUGNG1, XXUGNH1, XXUGNI4, DXUFNG2, DXUGNH1, VJUFNG3, ZHUENH4 :D

I have added DX, VJ, ZH, ZT kernels to "Recent kernel versions", so please let mi know if it works, especially if it is not reported yet :)

Hit "Thanks" button if you like my work :)
    Hi guys two questions in step 4 do i really need a data connection, the phone signal in my house is way too bad, may i use usb to transfer the towel app to the device from my pc? if not which other alternative do i have?

The second one after being rooted could i get the official updates for my phone? i already read that doing so will result in your device lost its rooted condition so, i just wanna know i after root i still can get the updates.

in my experience the data connnection is used by supersu to download new su binaries. so, yes, you can transfer the towel app to the deive through pc.

yes ota is available after towel root. yes, you will get updates and your device is still official and unmodified.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

after rooting, do i just install custom recovery and flash rom?

thats up to you. after rooting, you can install mobile odin. without installing a custom recovery, you can flash a rom. You can even retain 0x0 knox if you don't flash a new kernel.

root up and enjoy
    Hey guys,

I've just got my Note 3 N9005 and I was reading about the root. My phone came with 4.4.2 preinstalled XXUENC2 and after a lot of reading I was begging to think that Rooting will be a pain. I downloaded Towelroot and started it just to see if it installed correctly. Incidentally I clicked on the rain button and it said done.... I downloaded root checker from the store and it confirmed it...?!?!? I installed SuperSU and it didn't want to update the binary for some reason and asked me to restart. after the restart SuperSU works and I have Root... I haven't flashed anithing and Knox is still 0x0

Ideas how did this happened?
    How have you test this if you have Knox 0*1??????

It's simple :)

"Set Warranty Bit : kernel" message has not been displayed throughout the entire procedure :) its enough for me to be 100% sure :)

As you can see in #7 - it works as it should :)

I did not notice it, but I used data
    Hello I have the gn3 itv no brand update to xxugng1.the last update. is it possible to downgrade to XXUEND3 make the root and than upgrade again? anyone try ?

Downgrade the entire ROM to XXUEND3 is not possible (bootlop) - that's why my thread is very useful :D

Your firmware is XXUFNG2 (last ITV update, according to Sammobile), so do as I wrote in #1 :D