Originally Posted by Ninomaxx
That's my considering. My System Status = Official. I am worrying about after i root my device, the system status change to "Custom" ==> my device cannot update OTA anymore.
So The "System status" change to Custom after I root my device?????
Try this :
1. Odin back to original stock (if you're already on stock, ignore this step)
2. Odin to root your device (TowelRoot or Root de la Vega)
3. Install Xposed Framework + Wanam Xposed, then in "Security hack" choose "Fake system status" (this will change your OS to "Official")
4. Reboot twice, Enable SuperSu Pro, check the Survival Mode option
5. Install the OTA update.
6. Disable Survival Mode in SuperSu Pro.
This should get you OTA updates AND root. Enjoy
Let me know how it went.