FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q&A] [ROOT GUIDE] KNOX 0x0 NOTE 3 LTE (SM-N9005) LOLLIPOP DB 5.0 KNOX 0x0 [ROOT GUI

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By QA Bot, Guest on 29th April 2015, 06:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Q&A for [ROOT GUIDE] KNOX 0x0 NOTE 3 LTE (SM-N9005) LOLLIPOP DB 5.0 KNOX 0x0 [ROOT GUIDE]

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [ROOT GUIDE] KNOX 0x0 NOTE 3 LTE (SM-N9005) LOLLIPOP DB 5.0 KNOX 0x0 [ROOT GUIDE]. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy!

29th April 2015, 06:30 PM |#2  

More
Is it possible to use this method on a Verizon Note 3 SM-N00V? Both models have the same processor and capabilities, but I'm not sure if the locked bootloader on my N00V would cause problems.
29th April 2015, 07:49 PM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestheticandroid

Is it possible to use this method on a Verizon Note 3 SM-N00V? Both models have the same processor and capabilities, but I'm not sure if the locked bootloader on my N00V would cause problems.

Well yes but I haven't tested it.

The root part I can guarantee will work but I will need to update the guide for other variant with the necessary kernels which I'm currently doing but the rom flashing, I cannot guarantee will work but I can make it for all those who are

Also please note that, the Dev base rom has additional modifications done for extended battery life. The Rom that I would provide would be 100% stock. (I'm saying this because the original stock firmware needs huge battery improvements).

I will update the thread with root kernel and stock kernels for N900V ASAP.
The Following User Says Thank You to xTPTBx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xTPTBx Ad-Free
29th April 2015, 10:43 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXKINGMAKXxX

Well yes but I haven't tested it.

The root part I can guarantee will work but I will need to update the guide for other variant with the necessary kernels which I'm currently doing but the rom flashing, I cannot guarantee will work but I can make it for all those who are

Also please note that, the Dev base rom has additional modifications done for extended battery life. The Rom that I would provide would be 100% stock. (I'm saying this because the original stock firmware needs huge battery improvements).

I will update the thread with root kernel and stock kernels for N900V ASAP.

Awesome! I'm completely find with a stock ROM, I just miss root capabilities so much!
So I need to wait for a different .zip kernel file that was made for the N900V and I shouldn't use the N9005_ROOT_Kernel.zip file you have linked up right now? Other than that, the only other file needed is the stock kernel for the N900V on 4.4.2, right?
30th April 2015, 05:12 AM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestheticandroid

Awesome! I'm completely find with a stock ROM, I just miss root capabilities so much!
So I need to wait for a different .zip kernel file that was made for the N900V and I shouldn't use the N9005_ROOT_Kernel.zip file you have linked up right now? Other than that, the only other file needed is the stock kernel for the N900V on 4.4.2, right?

Yes you shouldn't use the N9005_ROOT_Kernel.zip which I have provided since its only for N9005 model.

Unfortunately since I'm not aware of your model and the method provided requires a ROOT_Kernel for your variant, which I'm still trying to find.

Sincerely,
KINGMAK
6th May 2015, 04:45 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
replaced both a stock Note 3 4.4 and a stock Note 3 5.0 - no issues ;)
have successfully replaced both a stock note 3 4.4 and a stock note 3 5.0 [both new] with this root without tripping knox method

both are working smooth and have no issues, have installed various apk's requiring root/superuser access and all are working 100% as should

did it for a bit of fun, while STILL waiting for the EE Note 3 & EE Note 4 official firmware's that were promised months ago [just in case your reading XDA Mr EE!]

so to clarify the steps, all worked, no crashes, knox still showing 0x0

cheers for all your work and testing King and thanks to all that contributed with various bits n bobs to allow you to do it!
24th May 2015, 10:27 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
I've just broken my Knox 0x0 rooted Lollipop ROM. I was trying to disable the startup and shutdown sounds and renamed 2 files in the /system/media folder. They were called samsungboot and samsungshutdown or something, I cannot remember the file extensions. Can some kind person please upload them so I can try to replace them via adb without tripping Knox? Or is there another way? Thanks.

EDIT - never mind, I just went for a reinstall
25th May 2015, 05:40 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
just to clarify. will this method work if i have unrooted stock 5.0? and installing 4.4 wont trip knox?
25th May 2015, 08:00 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
That's correct
The Following User Says Thank You to dwl99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dwl99 Ad-Free
4th June 2015, 08:41 PM |#10  

More
Will this work on galaxy N900t
Im new here and would greatly appreciate a step by step guide to root a galaxy N900t using tmobile and lollipop. Thanx. Rob
11th June 2015, 02:41 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Kernel version=pda?
hello in the Rooting instruction "Before starting this find your kernel version and build number, the last 3 letters/digits matter such as NG1 or NH1, etc"
kernel version=pda?

THANKS.[COLOR="Silver"]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)