Originally Posted by toastido
Won't happen. The only way to downgrade a snapdragon based note 3 is to replace the mainboard with one that has not yet seen kitkat.
Sent from my leanKernel 3.4 powered stock 4.4.2 (NF4) SM-N900T
Well, It can happen now. It may be a little too late for many who might have moved on to newr phone by now. But as a new n9005 owner I struggled hard to downgrade to 4.3 without any issues. So by trial and error I managed to do it taking cues from the original post in another thread. My reason for the downgrade was better battery life. But that did not happen after downgrade. AT least not in a significant way.. Anyway here's my strategy in summary for those who want to downgarde to 43 with no issues. It worked for me. IMEI ok, video recording ok. But I give no guarantee for others. I am not allowed to provide links so will just provide enough clues to loacte them.
Here's what I did:
Again to remind use this is to downgrade N9005 FROM 4.4.2 TO 4.3
The starting point is 4.4.2 rom version N9005XXUGNG1. I had N9005XXUGNG1_VFGGNH1 if you have Android 5.0 first downgrade to this
1. Do A Wipe Data Factory Reset and cache partition
2. Odin: Flash In AP the file "COMBINATION_FA43_N9005XXUGNH1_N9005OXAGNH1_26 7031 2_REV00_user_mid_noship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5."
3. Odin: Flash In AP a JB compatible cwm/twrp (look up in this forum) recovery for N9005
5. Boot into Recovery and do a Data/Cache/Dalvik wipe
6. Install in recovery Omega Rom 4.0 for N9005 JB 4.3 (N9005_Omega_v4.0_XXUDMJ7_md5_A7256B2A7F2E7005A65A 6E1CA5EA77C9.zip
7. Done! you will be running a fully working Jelly Bean 4.3 ROM!
Search google for the download links for the required files in 2 and 6. I got them form google search