what i did to fix my softkey on my note 3

Search This thread

mathieu0524

Feb 1, 2011
my softkey on my note3 (sm-n900w8) stop working after a update to 5.0. i did a lot researche on the web but no clue

here what i did

first: *#2663# to check the version
phone touch key fw 0x09
part touch key fw 0x12
try to do a touch key fw update the phone give me an error about version number is higher already installed

secound: tried to find hlte_cypress_tkey.bin to do the update manualy but i couldn`t find it anywhere. i found this site github.c0m/friedrich420/Note-3-AEL-Kernel/tree/master/firmware/tkey/ I downloaded hlte_cypress_tkey.fw
copied it on my phone renamed it to hlte_cypress_tkey.bin next I did *#2663# and clicked on touch key fw update (internal storage) reboot voila! it did work!!!!! :laugh:
the version now is
phone touch key fw 0x10
part touch key fw 0x10

im so happy I hope this tuto gone a help someone
sorry for my bad anglish
P.S change the 0 by o in the web

Last edited:

Blah265

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Thanks! I can confirm this solution DID work!
No root or anything required! :D

Here's exactly what I did:
Downloaded and rename htle_cypress_tkey.fw to htle_cypress_tkey.bin from the OP link
Place the file in internal storage
Dial *#2663#, waited a minute for the program to open
Tapped "Touch key FW Upgrade (Internal Storage)" and waited until the dialog disappeared
The touch keys were working at this point, as intended, but I reboot just incase
Everything works!

CHEN821122

Oct 30, 2012

Downloaded and rename htle_cypress_tkey.fw to htle_cypress_tkey.bin from the OP link
Tapped "Touch key FW Upgrade (Internal Storage)" and waited until the dialog disappeared
The touch keys were working at this point, as intended, but I reboot just incase
Everything works!

Hi, could you send your htle_cypress_tkey.bin to me?
I can not find it online.
Chen821122@hotmail.com

CHEN821122

Oct 30, 2012
Hi Asem Harun,

Thank you for you email. However, you hind your email address.. so I can't reply you. if you can send me htle_cypress_tkey.bin file, that is great.
Thanks.

alexna3

Dec 1, 2016
worked like a charm. really newbie in this area. I spent hours to recover my chat history I had with my girl friend that I broke up a couple of days ago only to have failed because I don't even know how to operate my phone properly and by the time I went all through this process my phone was bricked and I had to download the new firmware to get this going again(good that I figured out this far). But, my back button was lost and it stopped working. I spent good 5 hours to figure this out and I am so glad that I found this out now. My girl is gone! but my phone is alive... sad day. But, thank you guys for the help!! soo soo sooo much! love you.

DroidChris88

Dec 8, 2016
Thank you all!!

I just wanted to thank all for tutorial it worked great first try. Now lets look around to see what I can mess up next. hehe ThanX XDA and all that make it what it is.

:D Chris in the North :D

jackku

Dec 24, 2016
my softkey on my note3 (sm-n900w8) stop working after a update to 5.0. i did a lot researche on the web but no clue

here what i did

phone touch key fw 0x09
part touch key fw 0x12
try to do a touch key fw update the phone give me an error about version number is higher already installed

secound: tried to find hlte_cypress_tkey.bin to do the update manualy but i couldn`t find it anywhere. i found this site github.c0m/friedrich420/Note-3-AEL-Kernel/tree/master/firmware/tkey/ I downloaded hlte_cypress_tkey.fw
copied it on my phone renamed it to hlte_cypress_tkey.bin next I did *#2663# and clicked on touch key fw update (internal storage) reboot voila! it did work!!!!! :laugh:
the version now is
phone touch key fw 0x10
part touch key fw 0x10

sorry for my bad anglish

Hi, Can you tell me where you put this file on your phone? Thank you.

Reactions: D-Dawg

here what i did

phone touch key fw 0x09
part touch key fw 0x12

the version now is
phone touch key fw 0x10
part touch key fw 0x10

sorry for my bad anglish

Big THUMBS UP!!!!!
Worked a treat....It became annoying not being able to use my back bottom without having to pull the S pen.
Now after updating the firmware and without a restart Back Button worked straight away.

kmar1991

Mar 6, 2017
github Link not working

can't download from your github link :crying::(!! please give me any google drive/ dropbox/other link/email me. my email: kaziasif000002@gmail.com. Please give me this file. Thanks in Advance.:)

comptech1

Mar 8, 2017
Where to place htle_cypress_tkey.bin

Hi, thanks for your help, I have also lost the menu & back keys on my Note 3 & it's driving me crazy.
I have downloaded & renamed the file, but I cannot seem to figure out where to put it!
any help would be appreciated. thanks!

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Hi, thanks for your help, I have also lost the menu & back keys on my Note 3 & it's driving me crazy.
I have downloaded & renamed the file, but I cannot seem to figure out where to put it!
any help would be appreciated. thanks!

AHHH! I got it!
I just put it into the main directory, not in any folders & it worked perfectly!

D-Dawg

Apr 24, 2017
You are a life saver!!!!! I searched everywhere for a solution, wiped my phone 4 times, changed a bunch of settings downloaded an app that kind of worked but not really and was about to give up. You, sir, are a hero!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

here what i did

phone touch key fw 0x09
    part touch key fw 0x12

the version now is
    phone touch key fw 0x10
    part touch key fw 0x10

sorry for my bad anglish

Everything works!
    Hi Asem Harun,

Thank you for you email. However, you hind your email address.. so I can't reply you. if you can send me htle_cypress_tkey.bin file, that is great.
    Thanks.

Download it here https://github.com/friedrich420/Note-3-AEL-Kernel/tree/master/firmware/tkey

here what i did

phone touch key fw 0x09
    part touch key fw 0x12

the version now is
    phone touch key fw 0x10
    part touch key fw 0x10

sorry for my bad anglish

Hi, Can you tell me where you put this file on your phone? Thank you.