[APP][SAMSUNG] "Settings +" - Access to Samsung hidden settings screens

Search This thread

LauCass

Sep 13, 2010
Marseille
Root is not needed but some features may not work even if setting screen is available. It must be the case for what is not working on your Note 3 N900.

dedichthui

Oct 31, 2010
Update 10/14/2015 - V1.3.0:

Add shortcuts for Hovering Magnifier and Marshmallow easter egg.

Thanks @dedichthui for the information about hovering magnifier ;)
I added it in the settings menu on my rom.:D
An interesting hidden features, automatic function to help save battery power. You can set the gain limit% to Automatic PSM. (like note4,5...):D:D
PS: Motions in settings+2,3 not work on lollipop 5.0.1 (s4,not3)

Last edited:
Reactions: amandasimpson92.as

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Here is a small app that I started to develop for myself and I guess it can also help other people having Samsung devices (phone or tablet).

The idea is that TouchWiz ROM on Samsung devices often contains some hidden settings screen (depending on the device model and/or Android version) that can't be access with the standard Settings app.It's just necessary to know the name of "Activity" of the hidden settings screens to be able to launch it and it's the purpose of this "Settings +" app, to provide a simple interface to launch hidden settings.

Some hidden screens may be not present on some devices and in this case the app will display the shortcuts as grayed out in this case and disable shortcut. Moreover it's not because a hidden screen is available that it's really working, sometimes it can do nothing.

Screenshots:
    f-screen_en_01555f17c90018fc70.png
    f-screen_en_02555f17e20018fc71.png
    f-screen_en_03555f17f40018fc72.png

The first option is just a shortcut on the standard Settings app, other options are shortcut on hidden screens I currently identified form most of the Samsung devices. Shortcuts with green icons are normally available in standard on all Samsung devices and shortcuts with blue icon are hidden on most of the devices. I also added shortcuts on Android easter eggs.

For instance on a Galaxy Note 3 (N9005 - Lollipop) all the screens are available and the following hidden screens are working well:
    - Display/ Enhanced display mode -> Allows to enable a new display mode
    - S View / Enhanced background -> Allows to use custom background picture
    - Power saving mode / Enhanced mode -> Allows to enable grayscale display
    - More / Private mode
    - More / Users

If you you know other hidden screen activity names, you can indicate it in this thread.Any feedback on the hidden screens that work or not depending on device model and Android version is also interesting.

App is also available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ykdiwu18wvhzxi/Settings+_1.3.0.apk?dl=0

Update 10/14/2015 - V1.3.0:

Add shortcuts for Hovering Magnifier and Marshmallow easter egg.

Update 05/26/2015 - V1.2.0:

Add shortcuts for Motions and Air View.
    hey bud, any ideas how to get upsm working for n900t?
    upsm needs smali modification in service.jar actually needs to port it as there is no proper smali for n3. When I have some times I would post it in my modding thread.
    Hi,

Here is a small app that I started to develop for myself and I guess it can also help other people having Samsung devices (phone or tablet).

The idea is that TouchWiz ROM on Samsung devices often contains some hidden settings screen (depending on the device model and/or Android version) that can't be access with the standard Settings app.It's just necessary to know the name of "Activity" of the hidden settings screens to be able to launch it and it's the purpose of this "Settings +" app, to provide a simple interface to launch hidden settings.

Some hidden screens may be not present on some devices and in this case the app will display the shortcuts as grayed out in this case and disable shortcut. Moreover it's not because a hidden screen is available that it's really working, sometimes it can do nothing.

Screenshots:
    f-screen_en_01555f17c90018fc70.png
    f-screen_en_02555f17e20018fc71.png
    f-screen_en_03555f17f40018fc72.png

The first option is just a shortcut on the standard Settings app, other options are shortcut on hidden screens I currently identified form most of the Samsung devices. Shortcuts with green icons are normally available in standard on all Samsung devices and shortcuts with blue icon are hidden on most of the devices. I also added shortcuts on Android easter eggs.

For instance on a Galaxy Note 3 (N9005 - Lollipop) all the screens are available and the following hidden screens are working well:
    - Display/ Enhanced display mode-> Allows to enable a new display mode
    - S View / Enhanced background -> Allows to use custom background picture
    - Power saving mode / Enhanced mode-> Allows to enable grayscale display
    - More / Private mode
    - More / Users

If you you know other hidden screen activity names, you can indicate it in this thread.Any feedback on the hidden screens that work or not depending on device model and Android version is also interesting.

App is also available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wf6gjsm5t9xhj9/Settings+_1.1.0.apk?dl=0

Omg. Thats really awesome.
    Can be use with SM-N900 ???

It can be used on any Samsung device.