FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][SAMSUNG] "Settings +" - Access to Samsung hidden settings screens

147 posts
Thanks Meter: 78

By LauCass, Senior Member on 22nd May 2015, 02:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

Here is a small app that I started to develop for myself and I guess it can also help other people having Samsung devices (phone or tablet).

The idea is that TouchWiz ROM on Samsung devices often contains some hidden settings screen (depending on the device model and/or Android version) that can't be access with the standard Settings app.It's just necessary to know the name of "Activity" of the hidden settings screens to be able to launch it and it's the purpose of this "Settings +" app, to provide a simple interface to launch hidden settings.

Some hidden screens may be not present on some devices and in this case the app will display the shortcuts as grayed out in this case and disable shortcut. Moreover it's not because a hidden screen is available that it's really working, sometimes it can do nothing.

Screenshots:

The first option is just a shortcut on the standard Settings app, other options are shortcut on hidden screens I currently identified form most of the Samsung devices. Shortcuts with green icons are normally available in standard on all Samsung devices and shortcuts with blue icon are hidden on most of the devices. I also added shortcuts on Android easter eggs.

For instance on a Galaxy Note 3 (N9005 - Lollipop) all the screens are available and the following hidden screens are working well:
- Display/ Enhanced display mode -> Allows to enable a new display mode
- S View / Enhanced background -> Allows to use custom background picture
- Power saving mode / Enhanced mode -> Allows to enable grayscale display
- More / Private mode
- More / Users

If you you know other hidden screen activity names, you can indicate it in this thread.Any feedback on the hidden screens that work or not depending on device model and Android version is also interesting.

App is also available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ykdiwu18w...1.3.0.apk?dl=0

Update 10/14/2015 - V1.3.0:

Add shortcuts for Hovering Magnifier and Marshmallow easter egg.

Update 05/26/2015 - V1.2.0:

Add shortcuts for Motions and Air View.
Attached Files
File Type: apk Settings+_1.3.0.apk - [Click for QR Code] (351.5 KB, 4016 views)
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to LauCass For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LauCass Ad-Free

22nd May 2015, 07:44 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauCass

Hi,

Here is a small app that I started to develop for myself and I guess it can also help other people having Samsung devices (phone or tablet).

The idea is that TouchWiz ROM on Samsung devices often contains some hidden settings screen (depending on the device model and/or Android version) that can't be access with the standard Settings app.It's just necessary to know the name of "Activity" of the hidden settings screens to be able to launch it and it's the purpose of this "Settings +" app, to provide a simple interface to launch hidden settings.

Some hidden screens may be not present on some devices and in this case the app will display the shortcuts as grayed out in this case and disable shortcut. Moreover it's not because a hidden screen is available that it's really working, sometimes it can do nothing.

Screenshots:

The first option is just a shortcut on the standard Settings app, other options are shortcut on hidden screens I currently identified form most of the Samsung devices. Shortcuts with green icons are normally available in standard on all Samsung devices and shortcuts with blue icon are hidden on most of the devices. I also added shortcuts on Android easter eggs.

For instance on a Galaxy Note 3 (N9005 - Lollipop) all the screens are available and the following hidden screens are working well:
- Display/ Enhanced display mode-> Allows to enable a new display mode
- Power saving mode / Enhanced mode-> Allows to enable grayscale display
- More / Private mode
- More / Users

If you you know other hidden screen activity names, you can indicate it in this thread.Any feedback on the hidden screens that work or not depending on device model and Android version is also interesting.

App is also available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wf6gjsm5t...1.1.0.apk?dl=0

Omg. Thats really awesome.
The Following User Says Thank You to satslu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift satslu Ad-Free
23rd May 2015, 04:42 AM |#3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag MA
Thanks Meter: 7,145

Donate to Me
More
Nice job
23rd May 2015, 06:07 AM |#4  
Quote:

Hi,

Screenshots:

- Display/ Enhanced display mode -> Allows to enable a new display mode
- Power saving mode / Enhanced mode -> Allows to enable grayscale display
- More / Private mode
- More / Users

App is also available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wf6gjsm5t...1.1.0.apk?dl=0

Nice work buddy
23rd May 2015, 09:51 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Thankss!! The option to set a custom image on the s-view screen background got my girlfriend change her mind in getting another phone..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
24th May 2015, 03:34 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 189

More
Can be use with SM-N900 ???
24th May 2015, 07:11 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Marseille

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubitolz

Can be use with SM-N900 ???

It can be used on any Samsung device.
The Following User Says Thank You to LauCass For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LauCass Ad-Free
24th May 2015, 05:35 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Hi LauCass,
here Air View and Air Gesture
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...23&postcount=1
25th May 2015, 09:53 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Marseille

More
Thanks cottino, I will add these in next release.
The Following User Says Thank You to LauCass For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LauCass Ad-Free
26th May 2015, 10:25 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Marseille

More
- Add shortcuts for Motions and Air View.
2nd June 2015, 07:09 PM |#11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag MA
Thanks Meter: 7,145

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

- Add shortcuts for Motions and Air View.

Quote:

It can be used on any Samsung device.

hey bud, any ideas how to get upsm working for n900t?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)