FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Apps] S Pen QuickMenu 0.4 & Note Screen Writer 1.0b (Aka Proj. Clone AirCommander)

225 posts
Thanks Meter: 154

By st-tps, Senior Member on 13th January 2015, 10:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Running a CM Rom on your Note and miss the function of AirCommander that comes with TouchWiz?
I know I did so I´we started a small project with the goal to clone (atleast functions, not visual) as much of the AirCommander as possible.
So far I´we created two applications: S Pen QuickMenu and Note Screen Writer and together with the CM S Pen Addon and Note Buddy (Thanks to tushar9989!) the function is quite similar to the AirCommander.
Theese apps will probably work just fine on other devices aswell, but I´we only tested on Note 3.

S Pen QuickMenu
Current version: v0.4b
Release date: 2015-01-13

The function is quite basic: Add this application as the Auto Launch app in Note Buddy when S Pen is detached or/and when the S Pen Button is pressed.
Upon launch, this will open a QuickMenu with five buttons and a settings icon. Press the settings icon to set the visuals and to attach applications to the buttons. Click the Settings icon again to exit Settings mode. Press a button to launch your application!
Note that this is still Beta so bugs might appear, please report! Feature requests is also welcome.

Features:
- A total of five buttons, set indivudual apps to buttons
- Use App icons or numbers on buttons
- Use small or big Icons
- Possible to use a floating label with the App name next to the button (Only on small icons and numbers)
- Hide the buttons you dont need
- In settings mode, tap somewhere on screen to set new position for QuickMenu.

Screenshots:

Download:
S Pen QuickMenu v0.4b

Note Screen Writer
Current version: v1.0b

Requires Root since Android itself doesn´t allow apps taking Screenshots of other apps!
This is (as the name says) a clone of the Samsung Screen Write with just about the same features.
Attach this as an application to one of the buttons in QuickMenu above, launch the app you want to write to and then launch the QuickMenu. Click the button with the Screen Writer attached, the Menu is minimized and a Screenshot is taken, and a simple GUI is launched with the taken screenshot pasted. Now you can draw or write whatever you want to the image. When you´re done, a click on the Share button opens a dialog of all apps that supports Sharing (Gmail, FB, Hangouts and so on..) and you can send your screen away.
Note that this is still Beta so bugs might appear, please report! Feature requests is also welcome.

Features:
- Requires Root!
- Take a screenshot of any view in your phone and share it
- Selectable Colors
- Selectable width of pencil
- Add Text in a size of your choice
- Clear your drawing and restart with the Clear Button
- A short click on the Share button opens the Share dialog and saves the image to /sdcard/ScreenWriter/
- A Long click on the Share button just saves the image to /sdcard/ScreenWriter/
- All saved files is named with date and time

Screenshots:

Download:
Note Screen Writer v1.0b
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to st-tps For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift st-tps Ad-Free

13th January 2015, 10:45 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sweden

More
Might need this in the future...
14th January 2015, 09:17 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 194

More
Can't see the screenshots
16th January 2015, 10:26 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sweden

More
Scenshots wasn't working in Tapatalk, fixed now!
17th January 2015, 01:54 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 646

Donate to Me
More
Looks interesting. Might have to go back to cm12 now as spen features were something I missed.
17th January 2015, 12:49 PM |#6  
Flag Bhopal
Thanks Meter: 596

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by st-tps

Scenshots wasn't working in Tapatalk, fixed now!

Very useful project...thanks and keep it up bro.
17th January 2015, 10:20 PM |#7  
Flag Ankara
Thanks Meter: 577

More
@st-tps

Quote:

Running a CM Rom on your Note and miss the function of AirCommander that comes with TouchWiz?
I know I did so I´we started a small project with the goal to clone (atleast functions, not visual) as much of the AirCommander as possible.
So far I´we created two applications: S Pen QuickMenu and Note Screen Writer and together with the CM S Pen Addon and Note Buddy (Thanks to tushar9989!) the function is quite similar to the AirCommander.
Theese apps will probably work just fine on other devices aswell, but I´we only tested on Note 3.

S Pen QuickMenu
Current version: v0.4b

The function is quite basic: Add this application as the Auto Launch app in Note Buddy when S Pen is detached or/and when the S Pen Button is pressed.
Upon launch, this will open a QuickMenu with five buttons and a settings icon. Press the settings icon to set the visuals and to attach applications to the buttons. Click the Settings icon again to exit Settings mode. Press a button to launch your application!

Features:
- A total of five buttons, set indivudual apps to buttons
- Use App icons or numbers on buttons
- Use small or big Icons
- Possible to use a floating label with the App name next to the button (Only on small icons and numbers)
- Hide the buttons you dont need
- In settings mode, tap somewhere on screen to set new position for QuickMenu.

Screenshots:

Download:
S Pen QuickMenu v0.4b

Thank you very much. Good app. but

- In settings mode, tap somewhere on screen to set new position for QuickMenu. ???

How do we adjustment the program. screenshot please.

How will place the application icon
18th January 2015, 08:40 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sweden

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agabey_42

@st-tps

Thank you very much. Good app. but

- In settings mode, tap somewhere on screen to set new position for QuickMenu. ???

How do we adjustment the program. screenshot please.

How will place the application icon

When you're in Settings mode (pressed the settings button, next to nr 1) you can tap anywhere on the screen and the top left corner of the panel containing all buttons will move there. That will be the position on screen that the buttons will appear every time you start the QuickMenu.

QuickMenu uses the icons that comes with the apps chosen.
In settings mode, click a button and select an app. If you tick the "Icons" box in the bottom of the screen, the buttons will show icons instead of numbers.
The Following User Says Thank You to st-tps For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift st-tps Ad-Free
18th January 2015, 09:17 AM |#9  
Flag Ankara

More
@st-tps
Quote:

When you're in Settings mode (pressed the settings button, next to nr 1) you can tap anywhere on the screen and the top left corner of the panel containing all buttons will move there. That will be the position on screen that the buttons will appear every time you start the QuickMenu.

QuickMenu uses the icons that comes with the apps chosen.
In settings mode, click a button and select an app. If you tick the "Icons" box in the bottom of the screen, the buttons will show icons instead of numbers.

thank you very much. but I couldn't do it. screenshot please.

where is settings button?
18th January 2015, 10:41 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sweden

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agabey_42

thank you very much. but I couldn't do it. screenshot please.

where is settings button?

The settings button is placed to the right and between button 1 and 2. It's a gray gear and is visible in the all QuickMenu screenshots in first post.

The Following User Says Thank You to st-tps For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift st-tps Ad-Free
18th January 2015, 07:13 PM |#11  
Flag Ankara

More
Quote:

The settings button is placed to the right and between button 1 and 2. It's a gray gear and is visible in the all QuickMenu screenshots in first post.

Thank you. supeerrr. ok. I had never seen him.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)