*** Hi Guys i no longer have a note 3 so i cant do any testing but our team member is here to give support for you all and even im here to give support except testing. please contact @[email protected] and @djnim for support.***
I am using this on SM-N9005 Snapdragon Variant of the Note 3; I believe this will work with other Note 3 Variants as well. Few of them are already tested and you can find them below. Others who have different variants which are not tested can try this and update us, and we will be here to help you out if you are ready to try this out.
@chenxiaolong is the one who made this happen to our beloved Note 3
Main advantage of this is you can try any new rom with out loosing or having any kind of trouble with your existing rom. This mod will not change anything in your primary rom, so any time you can go back to your normal state.
1.I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,etc.
2.Before going further! YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
supported Devices: ( Tested and confirmed working)
SM-N9005 (International Qualcomm): hlte (Tested by me )
SM-N900T (T-Mobile US): hltetmo (Tested by @MistaEast ) confirmation post
SM-N900R4 (US Cellular): hlteusc (Tested by @harshal10398 ) confirmation post
SM-N900 (International Exynos): ha3g (Tested by @mohnishkat ) confirmation post
SM-N900P (Sprint): hltespr (Tested by @lord dredd ) confirmation post
SM-N900K(Korean): (Tested by @Premananda_laishram) confirmation post
* Read the full guide before Starting.
* Backup your phone if you are doing this first time. (Full Nandroid backup recommended for the new comers and it’s also recommended to others who don’t know what they are doing exactly even if they have multi booted several times)
* Rooted Note 3 with custom recovery (preferred TWRP or philz).
* free space in your internal SD (for example a Cm based roms take up to 2.5GB to 3.5GB and a TW roms take up to 5GB or more.)
* If you face any trouble please read the FAQ before doing something or asking for help. And if you want help please provide as much as details(device, roms, etc.) you can.
1.Download your desired Rom which you want to use for multi booting and the mods, addons, gapps, Kernel etc for the same. Keep the files in your internal memory.
2. Download the most recent snapshot release of Dual Boot Patcher and install it on your Note 3.
3. Open Dual Boot Patcher and grant SU permission. Then go to ROMS and you will see your Primary rom, press the 3dotmenu key and click "set kernel". If it fail to set kernal please read the FAQ.
4. Then In Dual Boot Patcher go to Patch Zip File and Choose hlte for snapdragon variant and ha3g for Exynos veriant (Samsung Galaxy Note 3) from the drop down menu.
5. In the second drop down menu select "Data Slot".
6. Below that you have to enter the ID of the secondary rom.(Example 1, 2, 3, etc. - it will take it as /data/multiboot/data-slot-1)
7.Now tap on the below button to choose the ROM's, Gapps, Kernel and mods to patch them and make them perfect for Multi booting.
8. Always remember to keep same slot ID for the Gapps, kernels and mods same as the rom. (Example: if you want to flash the gapps/kernel to the data-slot-1 rom then you have to select the same ID that’s 1 or if you want to flash the gapps/kernel to the data-slot-2 rom then you have to select the same ID that’s 2.)
9. When selecting the files except cm rom zip there will be a “preset” drop down menu, from that you have to select according to the file you are going to patch. (Examp: for roms, kernels, mods, addons – custom; for gapps – Google_Apps; for Su zip – other/SuperSu; For xposed-Other/Xposed)
10. Now press the tap to begin patching button to patch the file. And you will get a new patched zip file in the same location.
11. Now Boot into custom recovery and flash the new patched file and reboot.
12. And your device will boot into New Rom.
13.Install the Dual Boot Patcher app and set the kernel for your second ROM as well.
14. To switch between roms
•Open Dual Boot Patcher app/roms and click on primary or secondary rom as you like and reboot.
•Or Use Swap Roms to switch between Roms.
* Important things to keep in mind: while installing a rom or mod with Aroma installer don't reboot directly from the aroma.
You have to always uncheck the last option to reboot in aroma and click finish. So it can finish the final steps for multi booting.
And if you miss that it will only reboot to recovery. To boot back you have to flash your primary rom kernel or re-flash the patched rom.
Never update a secondary rom through OTA Update.
*. For other devices:
1. You have to download and install X-plore File Manager (which I am using) from play store.
2. Open X-plore File Manager from app drawer and navigate to the patched zip file and open it.
3. Now you will see a folder named multiboot inside that you will find info.prop, now open info.prop with the text editor which comes with the x-plore file manager.
• And then find and change mbtool.installer.ignore-codename=false to mbtool.installer.ignore-codename=true
To revert back or if you face any problem just flash my Multi Boot cleaner.zip which will wipe all the installation files from \system and restore the primary rom kernel.
As a backup keep a copy of your kernel flashable zip file.
1. I can't set the primary rom kernel in xyz rom. And I can’t switch to other rom in primary rom.
Ans. Just download the set kernel fix as per your model and flash it in the recovery.
The above fix only work for primary rom. If you have trouble with any other roms just add ro.patcher.device=hlte(for other models add your model instead of hlte) to the bottom of build.prop of that rom and you are good to go.
If you don’t know how to do that just pm me and I will make a flash able zip to add it to your secondary rom.
if the above didnt work Read this post please
2. App sharing?
Ans. Until now no luck. (Still under testing)
3. This rom can’t be patched.
Ans. some roms are not supported its known, if the Dev have time may be he will consider including them.
Also read this
Original Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=45659284
Don't forget to thank him and if you can please consider a small donation for him because he really deserve it.
@aukhan & Team Emotroid
His Thread (Where I got the idea and help to make this guide): http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...riant-t3065211
@rlorange for the help and support.
His thread for Dual boot backup and restore app. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2491299, http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...-v1-0-t3087187
@AholicCert for helping me with some scripts
@ other XDAmembers